Which one of you is Gerard?

Lizard

Which one of you is Gerard?

Post by Lizard »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 82300.html
Halpin was wearing a scarf over his face but a customer, Emma Kelly, recognised him. She lived in the area and had known Halpin all her life. Halpin ordered Ms White to open the till but Ms Kelly closed it and said “What the fuck are you at Gerard?” She told Ms White not to give him any money but Halpin raised the knife above his head and said “back off Emma.”
Spiffy

Re: Which one of you is Gerard?

Post by Spiffy »

This is just yet another example of how Irish society is increasingly falling under the influence of sophisticated international mastermind criminals who cannot be controlled.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Meanwhile, we're sending you this POS: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/ ... ult-charge

Fiji-born (but NZQ by residency by now) hes' only 21 and very handy at provincial level. He's extremely rapid so it's no surprise he could chase down a woman in order to injure her. I would say he was looking good to graduate from the Chiefs' development programme and gain a full Super Rugby contract, although I don't know their policy on violent criminals. He has not ruled out playing for Fiji, the All Blacks (unlikely now, even if he comes back) or Ireland should he qualify.

Just this Saturday I was jumping up and down with my 5-yr old boy watching him scorch in a try for our Waikato side. I'm gutted to learn today what a low-life he is. Hopefully he can turn himself around at Connacht but I'm done with him here.
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

‘Fijian gets drunk and batters wife/girlfriend.’ Surprised it even made the newspapers. As the Infantry soldier career manager I lost count of the number of Fijian corporals who I had to deny postings to the training schools because of convictions for domestic violence. It is a truly shitty side to their culture.
Idle Feck
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I know a bloke who has just retired as a judge in Fiji. Some of the domestic violence stories he could tell you would make your hair curl.
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

SerjeantWildgoose

Irish press is reporting the same thing, Liz. After the Jackson/Olding case I can't see there being a shred of tolerance. It is interesting to note that his defence counsel successfully plead that a conviction would threaten his move to Connacht. Clearly his counsel hasn't been reading the Irish papers; the bar is set much lower than a conviction before the courts.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3652155

There ye go, Liz. End of story. 'tis the dole queue or France for Sevu.
Idle Feck