Olympics

Puja

Re: Olympics

Post by Puja »

Which Tyler wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: It also used the Italian men’s 100m champ as an example of the differing levels of testing, in that his times were so ‘slow’ 12 months ago he wouldn’t have been on any international list, World Athletics, IOC etc, for drug tests.
I see he's been nice and classy about it as well: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... e-me-smile
Italy’s 100m champion Jacobs says Ujah’s positive test ‘made me smile’
Having said that, of course, given the speculation about him - then IF he is clean, I can allow him a touch of schadenfreude
TBF, I can't blame him for being snide. The speculation has been only just short of libellous and, while he did have a jump in performance, sometimes sportspeople do break through a wall. It must be infuriating to have worked that hard, reached the pinnacle of your sport and then have the press insinuate that you're a cheat and a liar because you can't possibly have done it through hard work and talent. Impossible for him to prove a negative and comprehensively clear his name from rumours. Let alone innocent until proven guilty, it shouldn't even be a discussed issue unless he fails a test, and certainly not in the press.

Speaking of innocent till proven guilty, Ujah has come out and said that he is 100% innocent. Not that guilty people can't say that, but it is a strong statement when he did have the option of staying quiet. Be interested to see what the B sample comes up with.

Puja
Backist Monk
Puja

Post by Puja »

Ujah's B sample positive as well. Balls.

Puja
Backist Monk
Digby

Post by Digby »

So what gives way, WhereisPengShuai or Beijing 2022?