Autumn matchs

tigran

Re: RE: Re: Autumn matchs

Post by tigran »

WaspInWales wrote:
tigran wrote:
WaspInWales wrote:Oh my word...Ntamack!

Not just get out of the in-goal area and 22, but that pass!

That deserved a try.
Yep, turning moment
Had Woki passed, France would've scored in the corner and that try would've been up there with the best. Not a bad effort from Woki though tbf.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Yeah but he blew an almost certain try...ah well...
tigran

Re: Autumn matchs

Post by tigran »

francoisfou wrote:Looking good for the 6N and building for the World Cup!

Yep, and the north has been present overall
Puja

Post by Puja »

I was scared of France before watching that game, but that performance has made you even more terrifying. Incredible display and a wonderful victory.

Puja
Backist Monk
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

A good test match, deservedly won by the better team. Previous All Black sides would have competed that 2nd half come back. This year’s lot appears to not have the determination, patience, leadership Or even the basic skill level to do so.

Well done France. First win v NZ in Paris since 1973!

Post by switchskier »

Just watched Italy squeak a win against Uruguay, making the case for demotion from the 6N. Look to have gone backwards this autumn on that showing.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

France were fantastic.

There's going to be some crunch games this 6N.
tigran

Post by tigran »

This game had it all...I think the french will have thé 62d minute deep marked in their mind...the moment when, as Galthie said : Romain and the other have said " stop, it' s enough" to the come back of the blacks...
This must be an internal resource for the future games when they will be in difficulty.

I think it must be one of the only time all three SH bigs have been beaten the same week-end ?
tigran

Post by tigran »

tigran wrote:This game had it all...I think the french will have the 62d minute deep marked in their mind...the moment when, as Galthie said : Romain and the others have said " stop, it' s enough" to the come back of the blacks...
This must be an internal resource for the future games when they will be in difficulty.

I think it must be one of the only time all three SH bigs have been beaten the same week-end ?
Puja

Post by Puja »

tigran wrote: I think it must be one of the only time all three SH bigs have been beaten the same week-end ?
In English commentary, I think they said it last happened in 2002, which checks out with NZ sending a weaker side, South Africa being execrable at the time and Australia being just kinda there.

Puja
Backist Monk
tigran

Post by tigran »

Yep, we're gonna have à very interesting 6 nations
Puja

Post by Puja »

tigran wrote:Yep, we're gonna have à very interesting 6 nations
I am not looking forward to playing you in Paris on the last weekend. I'd have you as heavy, heavy favourites.

Puja
Backist Monk
tigran

Post by tigran »

Puja wrote:
I am not looking forward to playing you in Paris on the last weekend. I'd have you as heavy, heavy favourites.

Puja

If I believe planet rugby and your press, your team seems on the rise, with all these new youngs potentials
Puja

Post by Puja »

tigran wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja

If I believe planet rugby and your press, your team seems on the rise, with all these new youngs potentials
I mean, I'm happy with how we're progressing and we have got some very promising young players. But I'd still much rather be in your position, with your cadre of players. Your depth especially is enviable.

Puja
Backist Monk
tigran

Post by tigran »

Puja wrote:
tigran wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja

I mean, I'm happy with how we're progressing and we have got some very promising young players. But I'd still much rather be in your position, with your cadre of players. Your depth especially is enviable.

Puja

Yes, lots of prospect for england... And true, it"s been a long time since we haven't had so much strength in depth, and at fly half, I don't think we have ever had two great 10 like that in the same time..

And I must say Jaminet has really surprised me, some silly mistakes too, some weird kicking but he's a real great in the making
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

The French have real depth at hooker too.

Julian Marchand seems to be first choice, then there's his Toulouse colleague Peato Mauvaka, who had a belter against NZ. There's the impressive Camille Chat, who'd walk into any other test team, and La Rochelle's Pierre Bougarit too.
tigran

Post by tigran »

francoisfou wrote:The French have real depth at hooker too.

Julian Marchand seems to be first choice, then there's his Toulouse colleague Peato Mauvaka, who had a belter against NZ. There's the impressive Camille Chat, who'd walk into any other test team, and La Rochelle's Pierre Bougarit too.
Yes, and center too... Vakatawa, Vincent, Moefana...

In fact we have two teams of the same quality...
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Guitoune is an outstanding centre too
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

tigran wrote:
Puja wrote:
tigran wrote:

Puja

Yes, lots of prospect for england... And true, it"s been a long time since we haven't had so much strength in depth, and at fly half, I don't think we have ever had two great 10 like that in the same time..

And I must say Jaminet has really surprised me, some silly mistakes too, some weird kicking but he's a real great in the making
Jaminet does look a bit special. A good all-rounder, very fast and a cool headed goal kicker. That French team has a really well-balanced look - big but athletic forwards and pacy backs with power in the midfield. Hard to believe that Ntamack is just 22 and Jalibert has just turned 23. The pair of them play like experienced veterans with tremendous self-confidence, no nerves and great flair.
tigran

Post by tigran »

Which Tyler wrote:
Yeah, classic

His comentary about N'tamack counter attack are priceless...
tigran

Post by tigran »

Spiffy wrote:
tigran wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja

Jaminet does look a bit special. A good all-rounder, very fast and a cool headed goal kicker. That French team has a really well-balanced look - big but athletic forwards and pacy backs with power in the midfield. Hard to believe that Ntamack is just 22 and Jalibert has just turned 23. The pair of them play like experienced veterans with tremendous self-confidence, no nerves and great flair.
Yes, this New génération has been under 20 WC twice, it certainly helps