Clarification needed

cashead

Clarification needed

Post by cashead »

6. There is no comprehensive list of things which are prohibited as being likely to interfere with the hope that the forum will be a pleasant place to visit – that shall be determined by the moderators and the administrators and ultimately the owners. However the following guidance is given as to things which are not desirable on the board:

a. Bad manners, rudeness, insults and abuse;
b. Provoking other posters;
c. Racism, sexism ageism and their ilk;
d. Disruptive behaviour;
e. Posting or sending spam or unauthorised advertising.
From the board rules.

Explain why transphobia, including regurgitating unproven TERF talking points, is considered acceptable?

Why is one form of bigotry and hatespeech acceptable, but others aren't? Why the double standard?
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
cashead

Re: Clarification needed

Post by cashead »

Admit to being anti-trans bigots, or actually enforce the rules where it pertains to a "debate*" over their right to exist in society.

*Pro-est of pro-tips: people's rights aren't up for debate, fuckface.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Who is this for Cas? What is TERF?
cashead

Post by cashead »

morepork wrote:Who is this for Cas? What is TERF?
I did realise after I posted this, that it probably would have been a better fit for the Requests forum, but meh.

Just a general question for the mods - why does transphobia not apparently count towards rule 6, section c?

There are now at least 2, probably more, threads where transphobic comments and misinformation is allowed to slide, with no clear sanction from the moderation team - in fact, when you have some of them going "no no, let's hear the bigots out," or just outright regurgitating talking points from anti-trans hategroups* there should be some questions.

Just hoping there'll be an explanation as to why punching down at that particular vulnerable community is deemed acceptable.

Also, TERF means "trans exclusionary radical feminist," but it's not a particularly accurate label. TERF scum aren't rad, and they're about as feminist as the Grand Canyon. FART - Feminism Appropriating Reactionary Transphobe - is a far more accurate descriptor. It certainly seems to make them rather nettled to get called as such though.

* note that this particular moderator is also the same person who got buttmad when a racist posted racist shit and got accused of being a racist in the America thread. It's almost as if this person is not fit for purpose as a moderator!
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Where is this conversation happening?