Marcus Rashford

Galfon

Re: Marcus Rashford

Post by Galfon »

Galfon wrote:he scores goals, which is a good thing at 18 in the Premier league and in Europe.
and indeed, in full internationals.
No reason not to take him now - his temperament appears excellent and team-mates have confidence in him.
belgarion

Post by belgarion »

belgarion wrote:Think he's on the plane now. As for who won't be but I'd leave WIlshere, Lallana & Sturridge
Just remembered Delph is already out so that means Roy only has to drop 2 which for me means bye-bye Jack & Daniel
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I think Barkley is on thin ice. I'm an Everton fan and I highly rate the guy but he's hardly set the world alight in international football. He's had a very good game, a couple of good games and a few when he's been quiet and ineffectual off the bench so I'm wondering if he will be on the plane.

I think Woy prefers a few other players ahead of young Ross.

Alli is definitely going and quite rightly so. He has a few question marks about his temperament but only a mad man would leave him behind. Lallana seems in favour as does Wilshere and Henderson so I'm wondering whether it's Barkley that will miss out.

As it stands, I think Rashford will get the nod over Sturridge. Rooney's goal against the Aussies has pretty much made him undroppable along with the assurances from the English press that he is our new midfield maestro.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

another fine debut , albeit this time for the young'ns. must be worthy of the step up in a short while..
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37278528
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Galfon wrote:another fine debut , albeit this time for the young'ns. must be worthy of the step up in a short while..
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37278528
He's definitely worth a go in the seniors. He has proven that he is the type of player that can make a difference. As is Barkley.

Kane continues to look completely out of his depth in an England shirt. I know he hasn't had the best service but he just seems out of confidence every time the ball goes near him. We're stuck with Rooney which is a shame as I can't see him getting back to his best anytime soon.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

The Savage Sage gets a bit carried away from Thyme to Thyme..
'Marcus Rashford has been world class tonight, the way he has gone past people. His performance has been magnificent.
The future for England with Rashford and Dele Alli is bright if they can produce on the international stage.'...but the lad continues to improve under JM...As for Rooney, Kane & Barkley...:?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Galfon wrote:The Savage Sage gets a bit carried away from Thyme to Thyme..
'Marcus Rashford has been world class tonight, the way he has gone past people. His performance has been magnificent.
The future for England with Rashford and Dele Alli is bright if they can produce on the international stage.'...but the lad continues to improve under JM...As for Rooney, Kane & Barkley...:?
What's Barkley done?

He's playing very well for Everton. Just hasn't been rewarded with game time for England. He's just a bench warmer under Southgate.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Still only 19 & nets spanking free-kick winner in euro semi..top work. ;) ..well at home at this level.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Good as sub. in Malta, costly sllip v. Slovaks but good resilience and 'ave-a-go attitude to set up leveller and bag a smart winner.Good work. :D
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Reckon he'll be on the plane..another couple of good finishes.Hopefully JM will give him enough game time.
Rich

Post by Rich »

He's a ghood player but needs to leave Man Utd.

Will Mourinho drop either of Lukaku or Alexis if fit ?

He's too tall to play as a wide man. Maybe he needs to follow Wellbeck and join The Arsenal ?
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Yeah he needs to be first pick now, in his best position.
He could go to most other clubs and be this.
He's told team-mates he ain't happy atm...
teddy s.:
‘..if you don’t get the experience, you don’t get the chance(to learn what you can/can't do against the best). All you do is sit and watch and you make mistakes later in life.
‘He needs to learn now, he’s an unbelievable talent for me, and he needs to be playing in a first-team somewhere.’
Sums it up pretty well.
I think he'd be comfortable at a big London club.
Of course, if JM and 1 of those 2 weren't there...
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

On the plane, getting starts and full-90 from the Eng. gaffer, and scoring goals.He may get a chance or two in the biggie.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Made an impact in the opening game v. Tun.as 2nd half sub. for Sterling.Pace and trickery, taking on defenders.
Must have a good shout for a start if RS has another quiet one.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

He was excellent off the bench. One of our best players.

That said, I'd probably keep him on the bench for Panama. His pace and abilities are ideal from the bench, but if Sterling has another stinker, I'd definitely start Rashford against Belgium.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

The lad gets his start in a World Cup finals...a dream fulfilled.Good pace, energy and skill shown but when faced with a barn-door / hit scenario, it was a a major fail....open or closed.
Hopefully he will get a chance to come good as a sub. in the next round, or this is what he will be remembered for.Just the way it is.
...unless he was following the 'plan'.. 8-)
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Well less than 10 mins. to make a difference v. Colombia
in Rof16.- took the 2nd penalty in the shoot-out to keep Eng. in touch and took it well.
Last edited by Galfon on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Again, gets a 10 min. run out in the QF victory v. Sweden.
He will surely get some game time against the clever Croats in the SF on Wed.
What an experience for the 20 yr. old - hopefully he can contribute towards the team completing the last step to the final on Sun. :)
cashead

Post by cashead »

Fuck Rashford, I'm still angry that Sterling had the temerity to eat breakfast that one time!

That son of a bitch, how dare he.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

The butty vans near us look nothing like that, and it's an odd looking sausage barm he's got there... :|
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

ideal for a food delivery service - Marcus the Man will show the way :) ..
The lad's done great to be fair, even if not quite hitting stella levels
on the pitch yet..regular international, hat-tricks in europe, government influence, a gong and now a fine muriel (behind the old 'cine city' if anyone kens the locale.).
Tip top.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-54897367

Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Looks like his club want to off-load him now after an unexceptional season on the pitch. :(
Also had to deal with the afters of a scuffed penalty in the Euro final at Wembley, after being thrown on late.
On the plus side, he has a gong now for his work for dis-advantaged children and has managed to sort himself and Mum out with decent places to live. :)
Puja

Post by Puja »

Galfon wrote:Looks like his club want to off-load him now after an unexceptional season on the pitch. :(
Also had to deal with the afters of a scuffed penalty in the Euro final at Wembley, after being thrown on late.
On the plus side, he has a gong now for his work for dis-advantaged children and has managed to sort himself and Mum out with decent places to live. :)
I suspect they'll regret letting him go - he's the kind of player that they should be looking to rebuild their team around.

Puja
Backist Monk