Women's 6N

Moderator: Sandydragon

Which Tyler

Women's 6N

Post by Which Tyler »

Bugger - I'd thought it kicked off next weekend!
Just tuning in now.

6N won't be the same without the Class of France in Sansus and Tremoulier
Which Tyler

Re: Women's 6N

Post by Which Tyler »

Rome in the rain is producing the match of the round!

Happy to be wrong - I'd thought Tremoulier had retired ahead of the tourney, must have been announcing it as being her final season.
Still can't work out Hunter announcing in advance that she was retiring part-way through the tournie.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Which Tyler wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:48 pm Rome in the rain is producing the match of the round!

Happy to be wrong - I'd thought Tremoulier had retired ahead of the tourney, must have been announcing it as being her final season.
Still can't work out Hunter announcing in advance that she was retiring part-way through the tournie.
I guess when she's been as long-standing a servant as she has been to the English game, she's allowed a home game send-off in a packed house in Newcastle, rather than finishing on the RWC final loss.

Puja
Backist Monk
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Oh, I get that, but if you're good for the first match, then at least be available for the whole tournie.
It just... doesn't make sense to me
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

The game of the tournament in Twickenham when both French teams turned up.

I enjoyed the Wales/Italy match too, which was an exhibition of contrasting styles. Pleased to see Wales ridding themselves of the Italian hoodoo. As a team they've taken great strides this year with a fairly limited game plan. Getting to the next level and in the mix with the likes of NZ, England, and France is going to take some doing. The WXV in the autumn will be the start of that process and no doubt will come at the cost of weekly hammerings, but to be the best you have to play the best.