outdated colonial nonsense

morepork

outdated colonial nonsense

Post by morepork »

A pledge of allegiance to Jug Ears? Really? Such big ears and so tone deaf. If the NZ government had any balls it would decline participation in this inbred fuckfest.
cashead

Re: outdated colonial nonsense

Post by cashead »

I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
morepork

Post by morepork »

Aren't posh people with hereditary titles quaint? Lady Victoria Hervey:

Speaking to GB News on Monday night, Hervey said: “I’m all for protesting and all of that, but if I were in charge of this coronation, I would arrest all the heads, all of those kinds of people who would be protesting. Like, pre-coronation.

″And then I’d release them after.”

Host Dan Wootton did quickly check that she meant arresting people “even if they’ve not done anything criminal?”

The aristocrat replied: “If they have a record of doing anything, so all those ‘Just Stop Oil’, all of those lot – just put them in jail.”
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

morepork wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:57 pm Aren't posh people with hereditary titles quaint? Lady Victoria Hervey:

Speaking to GB News on Monday night, Hervey said: “I’m all for protesting and all of that, but if I were in charge of this coronation, I would arrest all the heads, all of those kinds of people who would be protesting. Like, pre-coronation.

Host Dan Wootton did quickly check that she meant arresting people “even if they’ve not done anything criminal?”

The aristocrat replied: “If they have a record of doing anything, so all those ‘Just Stop Oil’, all of those lot – just put them in jail.”
Thanks. This has completely ruined my day.

I think I’m actually on the side of global warming now. Let’s just get it over with.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Link, for anyone who thinks that just can't be true: https://www.thenational.scot/news/23494 ... oronation/
morepork

Post by morepork »

She looks like she might be a bit of a cunt....
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Mikey Brown wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:32 pm
morepork wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:57 pm Aren't posh people with hereditary titles quaint? Lady Victoria Hervey:

Thanks. This has completely ruined my day.

I think I’m actually on the side of global warming now. Let’s just get it over with.
Since she's no fan of the law, maybe she'd enjoy the way the French dealt with their aristocrats.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

morepork wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:52 pm She looks like she might be a bit of a cunt....
This might help you make up your mind:

In 2003, Hervey attracted controversy after saying, "It's so bad being homeless in winter. They should go somewhere warm like the Caribbean where they can eat fresh fish all day."[12][13]

Thanks to Wiki for that quote. Clearly she has her finger on the pulse.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Nice. Has she ever considered running for Parliament? That sort of no-nonsense pragmatism is just what the Empire, sorry, country needs.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... coronation
Anti-monarchists receive ‘intimidatory’ Home Office letter on new protest laws

Home Office claims timing of new powers, taking effect days before king’s coronation, is coincidental.

Official warning letters have been sent to anti-monarchists planning peaceful protests at King Charles III’s coronation saying that new criminal offences to prevent disruption have been rushed into law.

Using tactics described by lawyers as “intimidatory”, the Home Office’s Police Powers Unit wrote to the campaign group Republic saying new powers had been brought forward to prevent “disruption at major sporting and cultural events”.

ARTICLE CONTINUES
So it's entirely co-incidental that it's been rushed through for this event and that you specifically are being targetted by warned about it.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Don't even think about pissing on one's entitled bonfire. The poor effete inbreeds. Even that one that doesn't sweat deserves the sequestering of public resources for showing off the flash jacket with all the medals on it.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Luckily though, they're against Cancel Culture - they're just in favour of imprisoning people who disagree with them, and rushing through legislation to target those they disagree with (even if they didn't quite have the balls to imprison them for that)
Son of Mathonwy

I hope this heavy handed shit will fire up opposition to the monarchy. Let's aim for this to be the last ever coronation.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:19 am I hope this heavy handed shit will fire up opposition to the monarchy. Let's aim for this to be the last ever coronation.
Do you really feel like there’s any sort of response that could have that effect?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

So, are you boys watching on BBC or ITV?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:19 am I hope this heavy handed shit will fire up opposition to the monarchy. Let's aim for this to be the last ever coronation.
Seems a bit ambitious to want the public to change their opinion in under 5 years before the next coronation, but I like the optimism.

Puja
Backist Monk
Son of Mathonwy

Mikey Brown wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:37 pm
Do you really feel like there’s any sort of response that could have that effect?
Well, there's some way to go but opinions are moving against the monarchy. The young are already against.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/three-five- ... e-become-0
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/society/art ... on-stand-m

And once they're gone, they won't come back ( . . . he said, completely ignoring British history ;)).
Son of Mathonwy

Puja wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:50 pm
Seems a bit ambitious to want the public to change their opinion in under 5 years before the next coronation, but I like the optimism.

Puja
I think he'll last a bit longer than that . . . unless you're factoring in the next revolution.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Mellsblue wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:04 pm So, are you boys watching on BBC or ITV?
I'm watching with your mum.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:56 pm
Well, there's some way to go but opinions are moving against the monarchy. The young are already against.

And once they're gone, they won't come back ( . . . he said, completely ignoring British history ;)).
Maybe the lesson is not to replace the monarchy with a theocratic zealotry.

I think Charles has 10 years, apparently he isn’t well now but then he will have excellent health care. If Williams continues as is then he will probably keep the institution safe for a long while. Although his brother will undoubtedly do his best to destroy everything.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Sandydragon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:26 pm
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:56 pm

Maybe the lesson is not to replace the monarchy with a theocratic zealotry.

I think Charles has 10 years, apparently he isn’t well now but then he will have excellent health care. If Williams continues as is then he will probably keep the institution safe for a long while. Although his brother will undoubtedly do his best to destroy everything.
It's like sitting through an irrelevant daytime soap opera having to accommodate actors so untethered from reality. What a fucking drag.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Charlie looks as though he's just sharted in nearly every photo.

"This crown makes me look quite rega.....oh shit"
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Backdoor colonialism makes me vomit. Glencore and the way they mine Cobalt in the Congo, transport it to Aussie and then sell it as Aussie Cobalt. They should be shot. Fecking imbeciles are scum.
Mind you, Rees Moggy has been holding high office, pursuing strategies he knew would devalue the pound while his hedge fund have been shorting the pound.
That's treason.