All Blacks vs Springboks at Twickenham: It's just a warm-up but if we lose, it's a catastrophe

Moderator: morepork

canta_brian

Re: All Blacks vs Springboks at Twickenham: It's just a warm-up but if we lose, it's a catastrophe

Post by canta_brian »

Can we try and claim that it’s a good time to lose one?

Agree with all those saying Sam Cane ain’t great.
cashead

Re: All Blacks vs Springboks at Twickenham: It's just a warm-up but if we lose, it's a catastrophe

Post by cashead »

Lizard wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:26 pm A shambles top to bottom, but how can we have a captain that spends 10 minutes resting on the naughty step but still needs to be replaced after 62 minutes?
Pack didn’t do their job, so expect Jason Ryan to yell at them, and the team clearly went into it obviously treating it like a training run for the France match. A lot of training pitch shit, without the usual attacking structure that they showed in the Rugby Champs.

Plus, like, does anyone give a flying fuck about a blood money sportswashing trophy? I wonder how many indentured servants died to make that discount 6 Nations trophy-ass trophy.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
morepork

Post by morepork »

We look like cunts now.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Barrett S is a bit of a mute. Could force his way into our squad.

That was a full on reaming. Boks mighty good.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Banquo wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:49 pm Barrett S is a bit of a mute. Could force his way into our squad.

That was a full on reaming. Boks mighty good.
Yes. Big dominant pack. Hard nosed defence. And plenty of pace in the backs when needed. They will be hard to beat even if opponents know what's coming.
canta_brian

Post by canta_brian »

Last 10 mins were all NZ :D
morepork

Post by morepork »

My are is sore and I have the taste of chloroform and braai in my mouth. In two weeks my are will be sore and my mouth will taste of chloroform garlic and butter. We are so fucked. The template has been advertised to ze whole vorld.
cashead

Post by cashead »

morepork wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:47 pm My are is sore and I have the taste of chloroform and braai in my mouth. In two weeks my are will be sore and my mouth will taste of chloroform garlic and butter. We are so fucked. The template has been advertised to ze whole vorld.
"Big pack with initiative makes it easier to win" isn't exactly breaking news, dude.

Honestly, I'm not particularly broken up about it. It is what it is, basically. Even taking into account the team lacking match fitness (which they clearly were - it happens, no amount of training can really help, TBH) and not really adapting to South Africa's fast start, it also looked plenty like the main priorities were: avoid getting injured if possible, try out some shit that we've been working on with Joe, and not reveal too much. At the end of the day, it's a meaningless fixture purely there for commercial purposes, for a meaningless trophy. Like "Oh noooo, South Africa have the oh so prestigious Qatar Cup or whatever the hell it was called." Might as well treat it like a trial run for things they've been working on.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

cashead wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:47 am
morepork wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:47 pm My are is sore and I have the taste of chloroform and braai in my mouth. In two weeks my are will be sore and my mouth will taste of chloroform garlic and butter. We are so fucked. The template has been advertised to ze whole vorld.
"Big pack with initiative makes it easier to win" isn't exactly breaking news, dude.

Honestly, I'm not particularly broken up about it. It is what it is, basically. Even taking into account the team lacking match fitness (which they clearly were - it happens, no amount of training can really help, TBH) and not really adapting to South Africa's fast start, it also looked plenty like the main priorities were: avoid getting injured if possible, try out some shit that we've been working on with Joe, and not reveal too much. At the end of the day, it's a meaningless fixture purely there for commercial purposes, for a meaningless trophy. Like "Oh noooo, South Africa have the oh so prestigious Qatar Cup or whatever the hell it was called." Might as well treat it like a trial run for things they've been working on.
I'm somewhere in the middle. There were a few signs of them not showing their full colours. E.g. the series of mails early on, in the WC I can't imagine them not trying something different after a while like throwing someone up, but this was a great chance to practice that maul defence and it was actually pretty good. Same with some of the attack structure. Otherwise though, I think there will be some real worries about dealing with physicality.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Hasn't frizell been the main physicality guy this year, with him and Barrett gone and down to 14 its hardly surprising. Plus when your captain and 7 is a brain donor it doesn't help
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Is retallick out?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Hey Hey...Fiji quite well on top here.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Done. Makes me feel a little less disconsolate about yesterday to see Fiji arrive on the scene as a genuine threat to tier one teams. Just brilliant.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

morepork wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:14 pm Done. Makes me feel a little less disconsolate about yesterday to see Fiji arrive on the scene as a genuine threat to tier one teams. Just brilliant.
mate....they were playing England before you celebrate too much. We are not tier 1 as we speak.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Now Samoa...Pasifika represent baby.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Fasi balasi doing the damage.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Platitudes for PI teams are just getting old.