Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Bookies' odds suggest a final order of:

1. France
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Scotland
5. Wales
6. Italy

Looks plausible although I'd put Scotland above England because they meet at Murrayfield. Hoping to be proved wrong when we beat the odds to send Scotland home with nothing on Saturday :| .

What's almost certain though is Ire/Fra as the top 2, Ita last, and the other three inbetween.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... e-28532016
Numbers

Re: Six Nations

Post by Numbers »

I also think Scotland will finish higher than England, I have a horrible feeling we may finish last.
Son of Mathonwy

Numbers wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:04 pm I also think Scotland will finish higher than England, I have a horrible feeling we may finish last.
We'll beat Italy. Even with all the missing players I think we've got that one.

Unless Feyi-Waboso does a shock second defection to Italy for some other alleged granny of his. :o
Son of Mathonwy

WOL are unhappy not to get their usual leaked team selection:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-28544392
pompey-zebra

Post by pompey-zebra »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:11 am WOL are unhappy not to get their usual leaked team selection:

I saw that and it did make me chuckle. Still, I'm sure the Fail has plenty of speculation, rumour and idle gossip it can fall back on to fill its pages.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

pompey-zebra wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:56 am
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:11 am WOL are unhappy not to get their usual leaked team selection:

I saw that and it did make me chuckle. Still, I'm sure the Fail has plenty of speculation, rumour and idle gossip it can fall back on to fill its pages.
Or article no 384 on the top 15 hardest players in welsh rugby. Haven’t seen that one for at least a month or 2.
normanski

Post by normanski »

Gatland has a knack of pulling rabbits out of a hat and I would not put it past Wales to confound the pundits.

I have no idea of the outcome on Saturday but would not be surprised if we ground out a narrow win to keep our Cardiff record intact.

Two tough away fixtures follow but both Ireland and England are in transition in key positions and also have some ageing stars. We need good performances against both with our fearless youngsters gaining confidence and momentum. It’s not so many years ago when Ireland would win in Cardiff and we would win in Dublin. Wouldn’t that be a turn up for the bookies!
Son of Mathonwy

Sandydragon wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm
pompey-zebra wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:56 am

Or article no 384 on the top 15 hardest players in welsh rugby. Haven’t seen that one for at least a month or 2.
I enjoyed their clickbait headline about the massive 'snub' Feyi-Waboso suffered by having to start his first England match from the bench. He must be gutted. :|
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

I don't think I've ever wished harder that we could just skip to the end of a 6N.

I've never known morale this low.

Is there anything else on? :?
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Sourdust wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:45 am I don't think I've ever wished harder that we could just skip to the end of a 6N.

I know what you mean, it’s not been this depressing since the 90s. The only hope I have is that this year, and realistically next year, sees some genuine talent emerge.
Tobylerone

Post by Tobylerone »

Sourdust wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:45 am I don't think I've ever wished harder that we could just skip to the end of a 6N.

Rain, by the look of the forecast.
Son of Mathonwy

Sandydragon wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:40 am

I know what you mean, it’s not been this depressing since the 90s. The only hope I have is that this year, and realistically next year, sees some genuine talent emerge.
. . .that doesn't defect to England.
normanski

Post by normanski »

Late change of mind - the roof will be closed.
pompey-zebra

Post by pompey-zebra »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:09 pm

. . .that doesn't defect to England.
:)
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

Even in the 90s there was usually some forlorn, desperate hope, at the beginning at least.

And back then we didn't even have Italy to pin our hopes for a win on.

I've just watched Ire v Fra and while part of me really wants to salute a great team, my heart is nowhere near in it. It just seems so pointless. Never mind Wales - any of the rest who bother to turn up against that lot should be fined for timewasting.