Good reads

paddy no 11

Re: Good reads

Post by paddy no 11 »

Read the 1st book of slow horses by mi k herron

The series deviates not a jot from the book, love the series so will stick with that, the books aren't so well written that I'd be missing loads you not reading them
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Station Eleven - excellent post apocalyptic (pandemic) novel. Written before covid so kudos to the author
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

I am pilgrim - What starts out as a potentially intriguing thriller turns into a steaming turd full of islamophobia and captain America saving the world
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

paddy no 11 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:16 pm Station Eleven - excellent post apocalyptic (pandemic) novel. Written before covid so kudos to the author
Nice book. Kind of on the other end of the spectrum from The Road. Nasty things happen but they don't get the book's whole attention. There's a TV adaptation - have you watched it? (I haven't)
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 am
paddy no 11 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:16 pm Station Eleven - excellent post apocalyptic (pandemic) novel. Written before covid so kudos to the author
Nice book. Kind of on the other end of the spectrum from The Road. Nasty things happen but they don't get the book's whole attention. There's a TV adaptation - have you watched it? (I haven't)
I haven't seen it, yep definitely on the opposite end of the spectrum to the road. Both are very good, there's bits of the road I can easily recall 10 years later
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Politics on the edge by Rory Stewart. Yes it’s a politicians memoir and thus you have to be sceptical over the recollection in places. But illuminating on the state of government and politics in general.