Refs and TMO's

Moderator: Sandydragon

Tuco Ramirez

Refs and TMO's

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Got the Scotland try wrong imho. Also Ref blocked Winnet for Earl try and Englands second try looked a forward pass to me ???
Son of Mathonwy

Re: Refs and TMO's

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Tuco Ramirez wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:33 am Got the Scotland try wrong imho. Also Ref blocked Winnet for Earl try and Englands second try looked a forward pass to me ???
Agreed about the Scotland try at the end, that was grounded. However, that bad call made up for France not getting a penalty try in the first half from VdM's try-saving high tackle.

The ref ran into Winnett but we had enough defenders there that I can understand why it was ignored. The second try was marginally forward but not the sort of conclusive thing that gets tries disallowed IMO.
Tuco Ramirez

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

it is either forward or it isn't. small margins and that but we v=can feel hard done n
by. should have won that on Saturday.
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Tuco Ramirez wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:59 pm it is either forward or it isn't. small margins and that but we v=can feel hard done n
by. should have won that on Saturday.
Yeah, but it's one of those passes which is caught closer to the try line than where it was thrown from but could be argued to have been thrown sideways by a player who was moving forwards. Now I don't agree with that interpretation of the laws but I think the refs do so . . . I guess it's a grey area where I expect nothing. Shame we didn't have the TMO from the Scottish match. ;)