2024 Autumn Internationals

Moderator: OptimisticJock

BaldiePete

2024 Autumn Internationals

Post by BaldiePete »

Scotland’s autumn matches have been announced. I see we’re doing our bit for Tier 2 nations (again) by playing Portugal. Does anyone know when the international release window is? It usually only covers three matches so either Fiji or Australia will be outside the window. We should have beaten Australia last time at Murrayfield and I would hope to do so this year. Unless South Africa are rebuilding they are probably still out of our reach.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68608446

2 November - Scotland v Fiji (kick-off 17:40 GMT)
10 November - Scotland v South Africa (16:10)
16 November - Scotland v Portugal (15:10)
24 November - Scotland v Australia (13:40)
General Zod

Re: 2024 Autumn Internationals

Post by General Zod »

BaldiePete wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:31 pm
2 November - Scotland v Fiji (kick-off 17:40 GMT)
10 November - Scotland v South Africa (16:10)
16 November - Scotland v Portugal (15:10)
24 November - Scotland v Australia (13:40)
Fiji’s the one outside the window. Means that’s basically an A-team fixture, and Portugal’s going to be one to give a few people a run-out. Other games on Sundays so I probably won’t go to any of them. I suppose it’s nice to give Portugal a shot and see somebody different.
BaldiePete

Post by BaldiePete »

That’s interesting because England are playing the All Blacks on the same day and have matches on the next three weekends. Given how zealously the English Premier League teams like to enforce the window the RU must have come to some special arrangement with them.
Big D

Post by Big D »

BaldiePete wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 pm That’s interesting because England are playing the All Blacks on the same day and have matches on the next three weekends. Given how zealously the English Premier League teams like to enforce the window the RU must have come to some special arrangement with them.
Yes, they pay them.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

BaldiePete wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 pm That’s interesting because England are playing the All Blacks on the same day and have matches on the next three weekends. Given how zealously the English Premier League teams like to enforce the window the RU must have come to some special arrangement with them.
Yes, RFU came to a special arrangement with their clubs in 2008 (IIRC) where they pay for release outside of the windows.
IRFU, SRU and WRU were offered the same, but declined, so the clubs keep their employees.
It's only mentioned every year (probably every international window) for (approximately) 16 years.