Moderator: Puja

Adam_P

Re: Saints Vs Tigers

Post by Adam_P »

Strong from Weise. He's going to be very missed for Tigers next season
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Montoya now forced off and Reffell didn't return from his HIA. Tigers breakdown threat gone.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

If Millar-Mills is yellow that's a red all day
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Adam_P wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:34 pm If Millar-Mills is yellow that's a red all day
Well the initial contact is on his back and then it rides up. It's a yellow for me. There's a dip before contact as well. TMO talked Ridley out of the yellow three times there.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Adam_P wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:34 pm If Millar-Mills is yellow that's a red all day
Yeah - I'd've said that's a yellow most days, but given the precedent set today, that's a red.

Balls.

Puja
Backist Monk
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Good attitude from both Kata and Dingwall after the big hit though - seems like they both kind of enjoyed it
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Surprised Saints kept it in the maul so long there. With a man up in the backline I'd thought they'd tie in the forwards and then play away. Didn't matter mind they got the job done.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Backs are definitely ticking better with Smith at 10
Puja

Post by Puja »

We're *so* deep in attack. Every time the ball is getting passed back 8-10 metres and Northampton can just line us up.

That was beautiful from Smith. Gorgeous little show and go.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Adam_P wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:42 pm Backs are definitely ticking better with Smith at 10
He's made a massive impact. Just given Saints another gear in attack. That try is made because he's got the confidence to stand that wide and then attack the forwards in the line.

Fair play to Mitchell he's taken some big hits today and just bounces up. Good performance from both JvP and Mitchell which will please Borthwick.

I'm also no idea how Cracknell still has a contract.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Saints are just such a good side. Can't even be cross at getting a clumping because we've just been taken apart by a better team. They've actually got a shot at taking down Leinster in a fortnight.

Not happy with the McKellar revolution right now. We don't deserve to be in the play-offs calculations and it's depressing just how far off the pace we are. We should not be in the situation where Saints can feel comfortable resting half their team and still coming up with a bonus point victory.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

How the hell was that not a penalty to Tigers before the Smith drop goal. That's awful officiating.
Puja

Post by Puja »

This is cruel. We've utterly fallen apart and a fair few of the players look like they've given up. Thank gods for this being the last play.

Puja
Backist Monk
Puja

Post by Puja »

That was embarrassing. Excellent work by the Saints - just genuinely outclassed us and deserve every bit of that win - but we need to aspire to be better than that.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:54 pm Saints are just such a good side. Can't even be cross at getting a clumping because we've just been taken apart by a better team. They've actually got a shot at taking down Leinster in a fortnight.

Not happy with the McKellar revolution right now. We don't deserve to be in the play-offs calculations and it's depressing just how far off the pace we are. We should not be in the situation where Saints can feel comfortable resting half their team and still coming up with a bonus point victory.

Puja
I'd agree on the first point. Saints are very good. I'll be cheering them on Vs Leinster.

I'd disagree on the second. Tigers were very much in the game until the point when Reffell went off. He doesn't return for the second half and we've got nowhere near the Saints breakdown. Montoya on his own is to easily marked and Saints with quick ball is not a position most teams can defend from particularly when you play for so long down a man. Shillcock and Kata make silly errors and we're screwed. Not sure we can blame McKellar for that today. We nearly always struggle on world cup seasons 11 at the RWC and then two long term injuries to international class players JvP and Watson, no attack coach either. I'll judge him next season though it does feel like we don't deserve a playoff spot.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

First half was scrappy and Tigers were causing us problems and preventing us playing our game. Second half very pleasing though. Freeman and Smith off the bench made a hell of an impact.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Adam_P wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 pm First half was scrappy and Tigers were causing us problems and preventing us playing our game. Second half very pleasing though. Freeman and Smith off the bench made a hell of an impact.
First half we made your ball scrappy, I was very pleased with that. Reffell and Montoya in tandem with a physical pack performance. Very pleasing. Carnduff looked right at home. As I said at half time we didn't score when we had chances and sadly I was right and that came back to bite. For the first 30 mins Tigers were the better team and had the better attack.

When Saints got some momentum and then some more structure through Fin Smith they just went up through the gears. Saints in the second half were well ahead of Tigers, in the final quarter it was like Prem Vs Championship.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

The highlight of the game was the ref getting out of the way for Wiese's try. Superb footwork by Ridley!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Yeah, Finn Smith might just be seriously special. He has so much time on the ball. I’m sure it helps a lot to be surrounded by leaders & communicators like Furbank, Dingwall & Mitchell tbf.
Last edited by Timbo on Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Timbo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:25 pm Yeah, Finn Smith might just be seriously special. He has so much time in the ball. I’m sure it helps a lot to be surrounded by leaders & communicators like Furbank, Dingwall & Mitchell tbf.
Helps to have a head coach like Sam Vesty as well.