Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Moderator: Puja

twitchy

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by twitchy »

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/30/e ... o-england/

The Wallabies’ midfield stocks could be about to go from bad to worse, with Hunter Paisami eyeing up a move to the English Premiership.

The Roar can reveal the 26-year-old is strongly considering a move to Exeter, with Rob Baxter’s side tabling a handsome offer to lure the 26-Test Wallaby away from Ballymore.
FKAS

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by FKAS »

twitchy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 pm https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/30/e ... o-england/

The Wallabies’ midfield stocks could be about to go from bad to worse, with Hunter Paisami eyeing up a move to the English Premiership.

The Roar can reveal the 26-year-old is strongly considering a move to Exeter, with Rob Baxter’s side tabling a handsome offer to lure the 26-Test Wallaby away from Ballymore.
I did hear a rumour that Ollie Devoto might not be staying at Exeter so this could be his replacement.

If he's looking for a move north Quins must surely be in the market.
jimKRFC

Post by jimKRFC »

p/d wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 pm
Mellsblue wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 pm
Banquo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seconded
Masterful.
It confused the hell out of me for bit!
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Saints have added three youngsters to the squad - Luke Green, Fyn Brown and Archie Benson. A tight head who can also play loose and a couple of flankers.

https://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/new ... or-2024-25
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Re-signing rather than a transfer, but Johann Van Graan signs on at Bath until the end of 2029/30!

I have to say, I was sceptical of his signing; but so far, he's proven much better than I expected, and has gathered a good coaching crew around him, and appears to actually listen to them, and his medical staff.

https://www.bathrugby.com/content/johan ... re-to-bath
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Rumours Ruaridh McConnochie to Falcons from Bath for next season. Not really sure why that would be a Diamond priority but there you go.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

FKAS wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 pm Rumours Ruaridh McConnochie to Falcons from Bath for next season. Not really sure why that would be a Diamond priority but there you go.
Cheap Cheap, like a birdie
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Which Tyler wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:15 am
FKAS wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 pm Rumours Ruaridh McConnochie to Falcons from Bath for next season. Not really sure why that would be a Diamond priority but there you go.
Cheap Cheap, like a birdie
Cheap is somewhat irrelevant if you need pack upgrades but are spending your limited resources on a winger.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

I'd say that when you're on a budget, you need bang for your buck; which RM would (likely) provide.
However important the tight 5 are, you still need someone to stand on the wing / at the back of the field.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I rate McConnochie in terms of general talent/competency at club level, but has he managed to stay fit? You surely wouldn’t say Bath have had bang for buck in recent seasons?

A handy player on his day but certainly not a Radwan replacement.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Which Tyler wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:58 am I'd say that when you're on a budget, you need bang for your buck; which RM would (likely) provide.
However important the tight 5 are, you still need someone to stand on the wing / at the back of the field.
Yeah but Radwan, Stevenson, Redshaw, Stephens, Penny and Obatoyinbo are I think all staying for next season. Plus Hearle is confirmed as incoming so unless they are ditching a few then it's an odd signing even if it is relatively good bang for buck.

They could do with a new set of half backs, locks and possibly an openside.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:58 am
Which Tyler wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:58 am I'd say that when you're on a budget, you need bang for your buck; which RM would (likely) provide.
Yeah but Radwan, Stevenson, Redshaw, Stephens, Penny and Obatoyinbo are I think all staying for next season. Plus Hearle is confirmed as incoming so unless they are ditching a few then it's an odd signing even if it is relatively good bang for buck.

It was only Monday when you said there were rumours of Radwan leaving. It might be best to wait until moves actually occur before questioning Dimes’ logic.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Mellsblue wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:12 pm

It was only Monday when you said there were rumours of Radwan leaving. It might be best to wait until moves actually occur before questioning Dimes’ logic.
That was clubs lining up Radwan for next summer.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:57 pm

Ah, I see. That would’ve been useful info to put in your post! Was your source Fissler on Rugbypass? As for Rugbypass, when I clicked on the Radwan story link it took me to a nsfw site. I’d therefore suggest you all refrain from looking at their website for now. No not you p/d. If anything it’ll sanitise your search history a little.
Regardless, I’ll judge Dimes on his moves when they happen. Of all the coaches to squeeze the most out of a tight budget he’s the one I’d employ.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Mellsblue wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 pm
FKAS wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:57 pm

Ah, I see. That would’ve been useful info to put in your post! Was your source Fissler on Rugbypass? As for Rugbypass, when I clicked on the Radwan story link it took me to a nsfw site. I’d therefore suggest you all refrain from looking at their website for now. No not you p/d. If anything it’ll sanitise your search history a little.
Regardless, I’ll judge Dimes on his moves when they happen. Of all the coaches to squeeze the most out of a tight budget he’s the one I’d employ.
I think Dimes is an underrated head coach/DOR he did good things at Sale and looked to be taking Wuss in the right direction before the idiot owners ruined it all. He's the ideal man for Falcons. Just struck me as an odd one though you're right we don't know who or how many he'll push out the door at the end of the season.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mikey Brown wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:49 am I rate McConnochie in terms of general talent/competency at club level, but has he managed to stay fit? You surely wouldn’t say Bath have had bang for buck in recent seasons?
Why not? he's cheap cheap, and 5th choice for a place in the back 3.
We haven't seen much of RM this year, because we have seen a lot of Cockanasiga and Muir
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

It was a genuine question. I was under the impression he’d hardly been fit for quite a while now, for whatever reason.

I guess he just permanently slipped down the pecking order after looking very good around 2019.
ilovelamp

Post by ilovelamp »

Elliot Stooke back to Glaws.
jimKRFC

Post by jimKRFC »

Luatua and Naulago both sign new deals with Bristol.

Very glad to have Luatua for a bit longer - he has been outstanding for us over the last 7 seasons.
Hoping that Siva can have a ban/injury free run now & show what he is really capable of.

Bristol have released the leavers lists:
Callum Sheedy (164 apps) – Cardiff Rugby
Dan Thomas (144 apps)
Piers O’Conor (131 apps) – Connacht
Ed Holmes (102 apps)
Kyle Sinckler (59 apps) – RC Toulon
Magnus Bradbury (43 apps) – Edinburgh
Charlie Powell (17 apps)
Jono Benz-Salomon (14 apps)
Fred Davies (13 apps)
Jay Tyack (12 apps)
Harry Ascherl (9 apps)
Oscar Lennon (9 apps)
Aristot Benz-Salomon (3 apps)

Confirmed departing Academy players:
Macenzzie Duncan (9 apps)
Charlie Rice (6 apps)
Tom Sims (4 apps)
Matty Jones (3 apps)

Honestly not a surprise about most of them. Sad to Dan Thomas going as he's always had a positive impact when he's played. Did think Oscar Lennon, Macenzzie Duncan & Charlie Rice might make the step up, but hard to say as a lot of them have had very little game time to show they could do it.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Luatua is class.
Puja

Post by Puja »

jimKRFC wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:36 pm Luatua and Naulago both sign new deals with Bristol.

Very glad to have Luatua for a bit longer - he has been outstanding for us over the last 7 seasons.
Hoping that Siva can have a ban/injury free run now & show what he is really capable of.

Dan Thomas (144 apps)
Ed Holmes (102 apps)
Charlie Powell (17 apps)
Fred Davies (13 apps)
Jay Tyack (12 apps)
Harry Ascherl (9 apps)
Oscar Lennon (9 apps)

Charlie Rice (6 apps)
Tom Sims (4 apps)
Matty Jones (3 apps)

Honestly not a surprise about most of them. Sad to Dan Thomas going as he's always had a positive impact when he's played. Did think Oscar Lennon, Macenzzie Duncan & Charlie Rice might make the step up, but hard to say as a lot of them have had very little game time to show they could do it.
I'm surprised by Holmes being released - he was one of your unexpected star turns in the run to the top of the table a few seasons back. Hopefully he's got somewhere good to go to.

Puja
Backist Monk
jimKRFC

Post by jimKRFC »

Puja wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm
jimKRFC wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:36 pm Luatua and Naulago both sign new deals with Bristol.

Dan Thomas (144 apps)
Ed Holmes (102 apps)
Charlie Powell (17 apps)
Fred Davies (13 apps)
Jay Tyack (12 apps)
Harry Ascherl (9 apps)
Oscar Lennon (9 apps)

Charlie Rice (6 apps)
Tom Sims (4 apps)
Matty Jones (3 apps)

I'm surprised by Holmes being released - he was one of your unexpected star turns in the run to the top of the table a few seasons back. Hopefully he's got somewhere good to go to.

Puja
He's been edged out Caulfield who's been good value (and Bristolian I believe), Dun who's really stepped up this year and Bailey who's possiblly been our best forward. Plus we still have Vui on the books but hasn't played at all.
jimKRFC

Post by jimKRFC »

Also, it seems Bristol will not be spending up to the £5M cap next season. Lam going for a smaller squad, presumably with the new squad limits coming in.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rug ... ng-9269669

Seems a weird decision given Bristol pushed for a higher cap limit....
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

From that article it sounds like Lansdowne is willing to commit so much a season so the Bears are cutting their cloth accordingly. Which is unfortunate but fair. Not necessarily a bad idea to have some spare cap available in case a player becomes available unexpectedly or you have injuries. Lam also says at this stage they aren't planning to spend up to the cap, I guess if the right player becomes available then minds might be changed.
Puja

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:04 pm From that article it sounds like Lansdowne is willing to commit so much a season so the Bears are cutting their cloth accordingly. Which is unfortunate but fair. Not necessarily a bad idea to have some spare cap available in case a player becomes available unexpectedly or you have injuries. Lam also says at this stage they aren't planning to spend up to the cap, I guess if the right player becomes available then minds might be changed.
I was thinking that too - worth keeping the cap free in case a superstar becomes open and Daddy Lansdowne fancies flashing the cash for a vanity signing.

Puja
Backist Monk