Toulouse v Harlequins - Sun 15:00

Moderator: Puja

Stom

Re: Toulouse v Harlequins - Sun 15:00

Post by Stom »

Spiffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:36 am
p/d wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:22 pm That was a cracking game.

Green has some engine!
Apart from the engine he's got it all. Real speed, great footwork, offloading ability, aerial skills, rugby brains etc. The one thing that keeps surprising is his power, for a bloke who is small by today's rugby standards. He is constantly breaking tackles, making hard yards and is really hard to bring down. And his good form is dependably consistent. Can't believe he is not on the Bok's radar. I'd rate him the best all-round FB in the Premier League. Doesn't he qualify for England sometime quite soon?
I believe he's already qualified, but sees himself as South African, so wouldn't take England up on the offer.

I might be wrong, though.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Stom wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:42 am

Green has some engine!
Apart from the engine he's got it all. Real speed, great footwork, offloading ability, aerial skills, rugby brains etc. The one thing that keeps surprising is his power, for a bloke who is small by today's rugby standards. He is constantly breaking tackles, making hard yards and is really hard to bring down. And his good form is dependably consistent. Can't believe he is not on the Bok's radar. I'd rate him the best all-round FB in the Premier League. Doesn't he qualify for England sometime quite soon?
I believe he's already qualified, but sees himself as South African, so wouldn't take England up on the offer.

The Boks are going to need to replace Willie le Roux for the summer tests be interesting to see where they go for that. They've got Damian Willemse in the squad already but could easily go Green or maybe Fassi as the other option. Green would also fit with what like like from their wingers as well and positional versatility is always considered a plus with the Boks.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Stom wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:42 am

Green has some engine!

He qualifies in summer 2025. He’s been coy when asked about playing for England, think he’d definitely take the opportunity if offered.

My suspicion is that he’ll get capped by the Boks before he qualifies on residency though.