v AB'S - Second Test

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

oldbackrow

Re: v AB'S - Second Test

Post by oldbackrow »

Mikey Brown wrote: Believe me, as a Scotland fan, I am sorry too. You have watched England's first choice number 9 though, right? I think he's about the only top level scrumhalf who is less consistent than Laidlaw.
I hope you're not talking about Ben "Right lets have a think about this, I'll run, no I'll pass instead!" Youngs? :shock:
He was a bit better though in the 6N's. And when you watch videos of when he first played much quicker and no "3 steps and away"!
Puja

Post by Puja »

oldbackrow wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote: Believe me, as a Scotland fan, I am sorry too. You have watched England's first choice number 9 though, right? I think he's about the only top level scrumhalf who is less consistent than Laidlaw.
I hope you're not talking about Ben "Right lets have a think about this, I'll run, no I'll pass instead!" Youngs? :shock:
He was a bit better though in the 6N's. And when you watch videos of when he first played much quicker and no "3 steps and away"!
In fairness to Youngs, the threat he offers around the fringes keeps the defence worried enough that he can usually get away with inconsistent passing. Laidlaw does nothing to take the fringe defence's minds off crunching the ribs of the receiver.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

That's a very generous way of putting it, but I've now lost track of why I was about to start slagging off Ben Youngs for the 1000th time on the Lions/AB thread.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Mikey Brown wrote:That's a very generous way of putting it, but I've now lost track of why I was about to start slagging off Ben Youngs for the 1000th time on the Lions/AB thread.
When he isn't even in the touring party..
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Don't worry Numbers, I've remembered now.
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

cashead wrote:
Buggaluggs wrote:You really are insignificant, aren't you?

Great come back, by the way, you fucking loser
It took you two goes to post this tripe?

Edit: And three days to come up with this response? A bit on the slow side, are we?
no
edit: I mean yes
edit: no, I mean no
Digby

Post by Digby »

Why are the Lions happy to both kick away turnover ball and happy to play in their own 22?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Digby wrote:Why are the Lions happy to both kick away turnover ball and happy to play in their own 22?
If only they had a weeks worth of hindsight ;)
Digby

Post by Digby »

Mellsblue wrote:
Digby wrote:Why are the Lions happy to both kick away turnover ball and happy to play in their own 22?
If only they had a weeks worth of hindsight ;)
The wrong action at the wrong time
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Turnover ball often the best time to kick.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Timbo wrote:
This might be true, but given it's also likely the best time to run I don't really care about it being a good time to kick
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Timbo wrote:
This might be true, but given it's also likely the best time to run I don't really care about it being a good time to kick
aye
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Timbo wrote:
aye
It's best to read the game and make a decision given the given situation. I couldn't care less whether they kick it or run it as long as it's the correct decision at that given moment.

All that said, I'd rather 'run it' was the default setting rather than kick it.
Digby

Post by Digby »

unless you cock up in spectacular style, and based on today that might include allowing the iceman to pass a ball, you should always have a chance to kick even after a run

if a defence manages to scramble in defence to close down a run and provide backfield coverage all whilst transitioning from attack to defence then fair play
Ross. S

Post by Ross. S »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40544586

Certain parties seem to have stfu about foxy lately