Lions' future secured?

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

skidger

Re: Lions' future secured?

Post by skidger »

Puja wrote:
J Dory wrote:Was starting to think this tour would be a non-event...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11888848

That's more like it.
Christ alight. What a prat. And yet, totally predictable - if you were to tell me that a Lions player was arrested for disorderly behaviour on a night out and gave me three guesses as to who, all three guesses would be Sinckler.

Needs to sort himself out, pronto.

Puja
Indeed. And he did the classic i have grown up now interview before the tour so you knew he had not. I think Cipriani and Henson still own the record for these types of interview at 9 each.
morepork

Post by morepork »

I raise you a Zac Guilford. Rocking up to a Raratonga bar naked on a moped and assaulting a pensioner.

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Got a long way to go before reaching the class of Andy Powell's 'Buggygate'!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Good to see Sinckler protecting the amateur ethos of the Lions. That Guilford story makes me smile every time I hear it, notwithstanding the assault.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Mellsblue wrote:Good to see Sinckler protecting the amateur ethos of the Lions. That Guilford story makes me smile every time I hear it, notwithstanding the assault.
I too laugh whenever I hear about people afflicted with illness.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
morepork

Post by morepork »

you can blame me for that one....I bought it up initially.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

cashead wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Good to see Sinckler protecting the amateur ethos of the Lions. That Guilford story makes me smile every time I hear it, notwithstanding the assault.
I too laugh whenever I hear about people afflicted with illness.
So I can't find the idea of a rugby player turning up naked on a moped to a bar funny because someone got their head kicked in? I feel sorry for the bloke and I abhor Guilfords' actions but if you are unable to separate the two then you are more self righteous and sanctimonious than I thought.
oldbackrow

Post by oldbackrow »

Mellsblue wrote: So I can't find the idea of a rugby player turning up naked on a moped to a bar funny because someone got their head kicked in? I feel sorry for the bloke and I abhor Guilfords' actions but if you are unable to separate the two then you are more self righteous and sanctimonious than I thought.
I think he may be referring to Guilfords struggle with alcoholism more than his actions. But I'm afraid I still laugh about Powell's golf cart trick, even though I appreciate his battle with depression (having been there).
morepork

Post by morepork »

It is definitely referring to addiction.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

oldbackrow wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: So I can't find the idea of a rugby player turning up naked on a moped to a bar funny because someone got their head kicked in? I feel sorry for the bloke and I abhor Guilfords' actions but if you are unable to separate the two then you are more self righteous and sanctimonious than I thought.
I think he may be referring to Guilfords struggle with alcoholism more than his actions. But I'm afraid I still laugh about Powell's golf cart trick, even though I appreciate his battle with depression (having been there).
Ah, I see. I'll still laugh when I think about. Have to say that when laughing I'll feel a little bit more guilty about the guy who had his head kicked in than the alchoholic. For all his self righteousness I'd suggest Cashead's sympathies lay with the wrong party.
oldbackrow

Post by oldbackrow »

Having been involved in a number of, shall we say, slightly inebriated activities (fortunately not involving violence) I can't help but raise a smile at some events!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Very true. Most conversations when I meet up with my schoolmates revolve around reminiscing about drunken schenanigans.
Doorzetbornandbred

Post by Doorzetbornandbred »

Mellsblue wrote:Very true. Most conversations when I meet up with my schoolmates revolve around reminiscing about drunken schenanigans.
You don't feel you and your mates at the Bedford C of E Primary School had problems getting pissed all the time at 7 and 8 years old?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Doorzetbornandbred wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Very true. Most conversations when I meet up with my schoolmates revolve around reminiscing about drunken schenanigans.
You don't feel you and your mates at the Bedford C of E Primary School had problems getting pissed all the time at 7 and 8 years old?
The drinking wasn't really a problem. It was driving round town naked on mopeds that caused the issues.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:
The drinking wasn't really a problem. It was driving round town naked on mopeds that caused the issues.
a very Bedford problem
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
a very Bedford problem
Very true. The quality of the rugby players is not the only similarity between NZ and Bedford.