DC to join Pro 12?

Moderator: Puja

Puja

Re: DC to join Pro 12?

Post by Puja »

Who's saying that we should discard it?! In fact:
Puja wrote:I'll also note that I have no animus against NZ playing an annual test against the USA. Whip up a silly trophy with a vaguely Anglo-Kiwi name and go nuts! I think it would disappear into the ground within 5 years, but you are more than welcome to go for it.
Here is me specifically saying that earlier in the thread. You're setting up Aunt Sallies and gleefully arguing against a point that no-one is making! It's like arguing with a Trump supporter.

And here I am spending my time continually trying to drag you back the points that I'm actually making. Hmm. That's sobering. I think I shall bow out.

Puja
Backist Monk
rowan

Post by rowan »

Well, it's not complicated. I think the All Blacks playing an annual test match in the US en route to Europe for the AIs would be the best way to raise the profile of the sport in the US and thereby pave the way for a successful and marketable Pro Rugby competition. From where I'm sitting, that's all that is really lacking in American rugby.

I have no problem with British clubs visiting the US, of course, and am only saying that this method will never achieve the above objective. What exactly it will achieve in an already well-established rugby playing nation with substantial playing numbers, I'm not really sure, but neither is it of any concern to me.
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Rowan, you are a thundering anus.
rowan

Post by rowan »

:idea:

If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?
morepork

Post by morepork »

and...?