1872 (2021)

Moderator: OptimisticJock

whatisthejava

Re: 1872 (2021)

Post by whatisthejava »

Mikey Brown wrote:Maybe I’m wrong but I think while Tandy has the job, so does Harris at 13. Rightly or wrongly.

I guess Jones was absolutely terrible in his (two?) brief outings at 12 for Scotland and I’ve just forgotten.

Feels like Bennett’s time has come and gone, even though he has a lot to like.

Anyway. Shocked to see Kinghorn has just turned 24. Feels like he’s been around a long time already.
I think Harris could well be a great answer at 13 but he seems to panic a bit the same as NDL when he gets occasional chances,

reckon if he got the ball more he would relax but over the autumn it was 9 kick, 10 kick and then 9 - 10 , 12 yellow card
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

Harris has the job as long as Toonie remains scarred by the shit defensive lapses that had cost us.

Is a problem because in attack Harris is a nearly man.
Nearly big enough to be a big crash ball carrier, but not quite
Nearly fast enough to make an outside break but not quite
Nearly able to consistently draw a man and pass but not quite
Nearly able to run great lines but usually, not quite
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

whatisthejava wrote:
I think Harris could well be a great answer at 13 but he seems to panic a bit the same as NDL when he gets occasional chances,
now I was never NDLs biggest fan, but that's unfair. For Scotland too often pressed into service at 12. For Edinburgh with great regularity he could create an overlap draw a man and put the winger in. Made so many of Visser's tries. Didn't make him a great scotland player, but a skill rarely seen from Harris for club or country
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

I think we are forgetting about Harris's catching ability (or lack of it) here