Jackson & Olding

Big D

Re: Jackson & Olding

Post by Big D »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Looking forward to Serj's condemnation of the alleged irish "pisser"
Any clues to his identity for those of us not managed to spot who it is?
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Big D wrote:
hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Looking forward to Serj's condemnation of the alleged irish "pisser"
The identity is easy to find by some basic web searching. It is hard to believe that this bloke would do such a thing, given his reputation as a likeable, popular and respected player.The only possible excuse is that he was too pissed (no pun intended) to think what he was doing. Still - that is a weak and probably unacceptable defence. A very sad way to end a stellar career with Ireland and the Lions, and possibly with rugby at any level, given his on-going injury problems on top of this. I'm sure most of us have behaved badly after a few jars and have regretted it (just ask Serj!), but most of us are not in the public eye and not under the same scrutiny as a highly paid international sportsman and role model. Silly thing to do and he will be feeling embarrassed and wretched about the whole business. I prefer to remember the good times and wish him all the best.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Cash Converters taking the moral high ground. haha haha haha haha haha haha haha
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

That had me too. It’s like Wonga withdrawing their sponsorship from Newcastle in protest at SportsDirect’s exploitation of workers.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

They didn’t by the way. I just like the irony in the possibility that they might have.
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Spiffy wrote:
Big D wrote:
The identity is easy to find by some basic web searching. It is hard to believe that this bloke would do such a thing, given his reputation as a likeable, popular and respected player.The only possible excuse is that he was too pissed (no pun intended) to think what he was doing. Still - that is a weak and probably unacceptable defence. A very sad way to end a stellar career with Ireland and the Lions, and possibly with rugby at any level, given his on-going injury problems on top of this. I'm sure most of us have behaved badly after a few jars and have regretted it (just ask Serj!), but most of us are not in the public eye and not under the same scrutiny as a highly paid international sportsman and role model. Silly thing to do and he will be feeling embarrassed and wretched about the whole business. I prefer to remember the good times and wish him all the best.

Pash off, no excuses, he's an idiot and has a bit of previous for this type of thing too
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

paddy no 11 wrote:
Spiffy wrote:
Big D wrote: Any clues to his identity for those of us not managed to spot who it is?

Pash off, no excuses, he's an idiot and has a bit of previous for this type of thing too
Ahhh, yer a hard man paddy. What do you think should happen to him? It's all a bit of a storm in a trouser leg.
SerjeantWildgoose

Well all I’d say is there’d be fecking Hell t’ pay if some Son Ofa Bitch had pissed up my leg!

That should get everyone on the same page.
Last edited by SerjeantWildgoose on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idle Feck
morepork

Post by morepork »

Years ago there was that DJ that starting wanking on a plane as it took off:

"I have no recollection whatsoever. I’m in shock, you know, I really am. I took some Nurofen Plus alright, I know that, for my neck. And as you know, with me anyway there was pints and wine and stuff and Jesus I don’t know where I’d begin to make it up to you,"
SerjeantWildgoose

Was he inside the plane or just thrashing one out from the viewing stand?
Idle Feck
morepork

Post by morepork »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Was he inside the plane or just thrashing one out from the viewing stand?
Middle seat, dude to the left, weemin to the right. On take off. We've all done that after a few jars.
SerjeantWildgoose

Diageo (Guinness) have pulled the plug after 27 years of sponsoring LI.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 17260.html
Idle Feck
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Diageo (Guinness) have pulled the plug after 27 years of sponsoring LI.

Pretty serious for the club losing two major sponsors. Wonder if they offered LI the option of getting rid of Jackson (and possibly the Dublin Pisser) to keep their funding. This could well affect LI's future survival. If Jackson is let go by LI, that's probably the end of his professional career in the Brit Isles, since the same thing will happen at the next club. Likewise, will any club touch Olding now? Looks as though there is no end to this business until these players just retire from the game.

Pay heed to this cautionary tale and keep yer zips up under all circumstances!
Puja

Post by Puja »

Spiffy wrote:
SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Diageo (Guinness) have pulled the plug after 27 years of sponsoring LI.

Pretty serious for the club losing two major sponsors. Wonder if they offered LI the option of getting rid of Jackson (and possibly the Dublin Pisser) to keep their funding. This could well affect LI's future survival. If Jackson is let go by LI, that's probably the end of his professional career in the Brit Isles, since the same thing will happen at the next club. Likewise, will any club touch Olding now? Looks as though there is no end to this business until these players just retire from the game.

Or, you know, practice enthusiastic consent and treat sex like a partnership of two willing people, rather than a hunting down and conquering of women. That could work too.

Puja
Backist Monk
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Puja wrote:
Spiffy wrote:

Or, you know, practice enthusiastic consent and treat sex like a partnership of two willing people, rather than a hunting down and conquering of women. That could work too.

Puja
Yes. Don't know how you have interpreted my post, but, just to be clear, it is not in defence of Jackson's and Olding's behaviour.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Spiffy wrote:
Puja wrote:
Spiffy wrote:

Puja
Yes. Don't know how you have interpreted my post, but, just to be clear, it is not in defence of Jackson's and Olding's behaviour.
It was the "keep your zips up" joke that I obviously misinterpreted - sounded like you were saying that that was the only way to stay safe from this kind of situation

Puja
Backist Monk
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Puja wrote:
Spiffy wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
It was the "keep your zips up" joke that I obviously misinterpreted - sounded like you were saying that that was the only way to stay safe from this kind of situation

Puja
"Joke" being the operative word here. And of course, the zip tip also included reference to the Phantom Trouser Pisser, known by his Interpol code name - "Slashes On yer Bags ". Perhaps I am too politacally incorrect and insensitive for these boards now.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Spiffy wrote:
Puja wrote:
Spiffy wrote:

Puja
"Joke" being the operative word here. And of course, the zip tip also included reference to the Phantom Trouser Pisser, known by his Interpol code name - "Slashes On yer Bags ". Perhaps I am too politacally incorrect and insensitive for these boards now.
Right, I think this is just a case of text not conveying intent properly. I assumed you were being flippant and was being flippant as well, not implying that you were defending them, so I was confused when you responded back saying I'd misinterpreted.

Basically, everyone agrees with each other, nobody's being serious and we should probably just pretend the last few posts didn't happen and move on.

Puja
Backist Monk
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Olding will be playing Top14 next season with Brive after their promotion from ProD2. I believe he's contracted until the end of the 2019/2020 season.
Can't help feeling that Jackson would've been better advised to have looked for a French club after leaving Perpignan (relegated from the Top14 to ProD2) instead of heading for London Irish, as the French rugby public seem to be more impervious to Jackson and Olding's indiscretions than the British and Irish.
Eugene Wrayburn

Post by Eugene Wrayburn »

francoisfou wrote:Olding will be playing Top14 next season with Brive after their promotion from ProD2. I believe he's contracted until the end of the 2019/2020 season.
Can't help feeling that Jackson would've been better advised to have looked for a French club after leaving Perpignan (relegated from the Top14 to ProD2) instead of heading for London Irish, as the French rugby public seem to be more impervious to Jackson and Olding's indiscretions than the British and Irish.
They clearly are. I really wonder at Paddy's decision to come back to the UK. Given he's a grammar school boy he is presumably not stupid so learning the language shouldn't be a problem. Can he really be so much of a homebird that a couple more years abroad was that much of a stretch? Even if he didn't manage to get a contract in France - the reception to his performances was somewhat mixed, I think - then what about South Africa or Italy or Australia.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

NS. Gone but not forgotten.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Eugene Wrayburn wrote:
francoisfou wrote:Olding will be playing Top14 next season with Brive after their promotion from ProD2. I believe he's contracted until the end of the 2019/2020 season.
They clearly are. I really wonder at Paddy's decision to come back to the UK. Given he's a grammar school boy he is presumably not stupid so learning the language shouldn't be a problem. Can he really be so much of a homebird that a couple more years abroad was that much of a stretch? Even if he didn't manage to get a contract in France - the reception to his performances was somewhat mixed, I think - then what about South Africa or Italy or Australia.
I encountered a group of grammar school kids in a library t'other week revising for their GCSEs. I wasn't going to say anything as they supposedly revised but then they started conflating things, notably Domesday and Doomsday, and the meaning of the word subsidy which they reasoned was probably the same as subsidiary in meaning, and as both words sounded like subs (as in football subs) that subsidy meant a tax on something

As I left having tried to help them they moved on to a fervent discussion in their group as to the ramifications of masturbation in Islam, and I pondered just how bad it's gotten with parents getting mentally ill equipped children coached through their 11+ tests
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Digby wrote:
Eugene Wrayburn wrote:
I encountered a group of grammar school kids in a library t'other week revising for their GCSEs. I wasn't going to say anything as they supposedly revised but then they started conflating things, notably Domesday and Doomsday, and the meaning of the word subsidy which they reasoned was probably the same as subsidiary in meaning, and as both words sounded like subs (as in football subs) that subsidy meant a tax on something

As I left having tried to help them they moved on to a fervent discussion in their group as to the ramifications of masturbation in Islam, and I pondered just how bad it's gotten with parents getting mentally ill equipped children coached through their 11+ tests
They were calling you a w@nker in Arabic?!?! They seem to be both intelligent and perceptive.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Mellsblue wrote:
Digby wrote:
Eugene Wrayburn wrote: They clearly are. I really wonder at Paddy's decision to come back to the UK. Given he's a grammar school boy he is presumably not stupid so learning the language shouldn't be a problem. Can he really be so much of a homebird that a couple more years abroad was that much of a stretch? Even if he didn't manage to get a contract in France - the reception to his performances was somewhat mixed, I think - then what about South Africa or Italy or Australia.

They were calling you a w@nker in Arabic?!?! They seem to be both intelligent and perceptive.
Farsi, but otherwise fairly accurate.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

you being knob Heads. feck off
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Feck the English.