Who will be in the 31-man All Blacks RWC Squad?

Moderator: morepork

Mikey Brown

Re: Who will be in the 31-man All Blacks RWC Squad?

Post by Mikey Brown »

That back 3 is real odd. I guess it fits their formula, but seems pretty green? Is Barrett still as useful there as last time out?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I’m pretty happy with that. I wasn’t convinced that Hansen was going to play Beau’unga in the 1st XV, but clearly he is.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Mikey Brown wrote:That back 3 is real odd. I guess it fits their formula, but seems pretty green? Is Barrett still as useful there as last time out?
We tend to go well with rookie wings at World Cups - Kirwan, Lomu, NMS etc
morepork

Post by morepork »

BB is lethal at fullback. I really liked his set up for the last try when all the support told him to fang it through the gap. Everyone was in on the counter. Fucking sweet.
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

morepork wrote:BB is lethal at fullback. I really liked his set up for the last try when all the support told him to fang it through the gap. Everyone was in on the counter. Fucking sweet.
BB is the fullback that I wished Daly was…
morepork

Post by morepork »

Ardie was packing down at 8 a lot. Has he been doing that in Soup rugby? He definitely gets some go forward from there.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

morepork wrote:Ardie was packing down at 8 a lot. Has he been doing that in Soup rugby? He definitely gets some go forward from there.
Seemed like Ardie was doing all the action stuff; taking all attacking balls off 8, chasing the 10 from scrums, defending the blindside on closer defensive scrums. Was very impressed with him. Read wouldn’t be there if he weren’t captain surely?
cashead

Post by cashead »

Mikey Brown wrote:
morepork wrote:Ardie was packing down at 8 a lot. Has he been doing that in Soup rugby? He definitely gets some go forward from there.
Seemed like Ardie was doing all the action stuff; taking all attacking balls off 8, chasing the 10 from scrums, defending the blindside on closer defensive scrums. Was very impressed with him. Read wouldn’t be there if he weren’t captain surely?
Read's role is completely different from Ardie. He does a lot more grindy work, so that the double openside duo that is Cavea? Sane? has a platform.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Thought Read was quite good actually. Not the flair and explosiveness he once had but good all round performance
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Hmm
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Doubt it, that looks like a yellow card to me but possible he will get a couple of weeks