Anyone still playing?

Stom

Anyone still playing?

Post by Stom »

Things have gone a bit quiet...

However, I've just been made an assistant for the u20s, so hopefully things will pick up for me :)

Looking for promotion this year, need 1 experienced head for the pack and I should be able to nail it.

In other news, my affiliate is coming along nicely. I have my first trainee, he's starting to get some gains, so the team is going to push on. By the end of next season it should be competitive (my best player just broke the 60k CSR mark :)).

For my main team, my first real YA grad is approaching 200k CSR, which is great. I hope I can get him above 250k before I give his training slots to someone else.
WaspInWales

Re: Anyone still playing?

Post by WaspInWales »

Congrats on the U20s role Stom.

Things are indeed a little quiet. It seems the HC is now an ex-cup which is a shame.

The Wasps are currently sitting at the top of the league. One defeat to Newgale who suffered a big loss today and my BP tries and a BP loss have secured me the top spot for now. I've got a potential banana skin game then a bot, then two very losable matches against Newgale and the team that just beat them and I finish the regular season with a bot....as do Newgale and the other rivals.

Hard to call who will finish top of the league.

The YA is still very much in progress. Got quite a few stars invested in the setup but it remains to be seen if it'll be fruitful or not.
Blandy

Post by Blandy »

Still playing, holding mid table in divison II in england. I got knocked out of the cup in round 3 by another div. II side and didn't manage to arrange another friendly cup instead of the HC, so been a pretty boring season to be honest.

I've got 5-6 players dropping CSR at a pretty alarming rate, and I've recently got rid of couple in similar circumstances, with no cash to replace them. A couple will get replaced by trainees but going to be a difficult period of rebuilding!
Stom

Post by Stom »

Blandy wrote:Still playing, holding mid table in divison II in england. I got knocked out of the cup in round 3 by another div. II side and didn't manage to arrange another friendly cup instead of the HC, so been a pretty boring season to be honest.

I've got 5-6 players dropping CSR at a pretty alarming rate, and I've recently got rid of couple in similar circumstances, with no cash to replace them. A couple will get replaced by trainees but going to be a difficult period of rebuilding!
I was expecting an easy season, but I had a team drop in on me from another country. He's just gone and spend millions on a couple of players, so I'm suddenly worried I won't manage promotion, which is really annoying.

Suddenly his CSR is better than mine, and mine is just dropping. I have to hope that experience + tactics can overcome the CSR advantage in the final...
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I've gone from 1st to 3rd in the space of two matches and with the top 3 teams all playing bots in the final round, I've somehow gone from a home semi against the weakest team to an away match against the team in second.

Fack sake!
Stom

Post by Stom »

Gone from being the better team to having a 22k CSR gap to my only challenger...

It will be tough, but I'm desperate for promotion.

He's also bought a lock, so I can't just stuff my pack with locks and kick all game...
Blandy

Post by Blandy »

Managed to steal 4th place on the final day of the season :D
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Still playing, top of the table and in the auto promo spots. Win my next 2 games and I'm back in Div II for beatings galore.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

My main team made 2nd in the Kenyan top flight last season, whilst my Welsh affiliate remains firmly rooted to the bottom of the table pending a huge spending spree sometime in the next couple of seasons.

On another note, Ive just noticed that a bot beat a human team in my league 54-0. Upon closer investigation, it looks like the team is a breeding ground with 3 young decent players and the remainder of the squad over 40 and less than 1K CSR.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

whipping boys in my league last season were similar, finished bottom I think with 3 bots in the league.
Stom

Post by Stom »

2 games into Div 3 and I've a win and a loss.

Will lose the next 2 rounds, but should start picking up wins after that. I aim for around 7-8 wins from the season, so 32-40 points. Should be enough for 4th or 5th depending on how tight it is. And it should be tight between 3-6.
Blandy

Post by Blandy »

I've signed up for the Tandil Invitational Cup for season 32 as I've not had regular monday night friendlys since the end of the Hamlet cup. They need 3 more teams if any one else fancies it sign up
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Been a while since there has been any BR posts...

So, anyone still playing?

I've pretty much given up. Just logged in to see what kinda season I can expect to have. Looks like it'll be another lesson in mediocrity. The new league structure seems to result in more competitive matches, but it looks like chances to progress have been limited by it.

Realised I have 3 players over 33 in my squad so have put them on the market. Started to look for replacements, but then gave up. Got £5.5m in the bank, but I'm struggling to give a fuck how to spend it.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Yeah, I’m still there. Just in the process of completing my rebuild after 3 hard seasons.

Still waiting for the new site to go live. That seems I have gone a bit quiet of late.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Awesome. I'm doing well. Just in the process of a rebuild with my main team. Which is going well, as I'm sticking in the top 4 in my league.

My affiliate in Romania is looking likely to get promotion this season, too, up to Div2. Or at least challenge for promotion.

That one has been a much stronger build from me, much better decisions made.

There won't be a new site, though. There'll be a new "app", which will be downloadable to your phone and will have multiple games a day. Not my cup of tea.

It's such a shame, really, as there's a core of really engaged members.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

I hadn’t read the blurb about the new game properly, I hadn’t realised that was the format.

Thing is I’ve invested 10 years in this game and I enjoy playing it. So I’m reluctant to move across.

Glad your team is going well, drop me a line if you fancy a friendly sometime.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Sandydragon wrote:I hadn’t read the blurb about the new game properly, I hadn’t realised that was the format.

Thing is I’ve invested 10 years in this game and I enjoy playing it. So I’m reluctant to move across.

You free for mnf?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Tbh, I'm struggling for time to organise my team. Got 7 players 31 and over and a few of those are probably dropping csr...but everytime I start looking for replacements, I give up after a few minutes as I know I just haven't got the time, or inclination to sort out training etc.

Used to love this game. Can remember looking forward to the HC!
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Stom wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:I hadn’t read the blurb about the new game properly, I hadn’t realised that was the format.

You free for mnf?
Send the request mate
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Devoted a little more time to BR in the last week or so, and dare I say, it seems like I've caught the Blackout Rugby bug again!

Feels like I'm starting again in some respects as I have to cull/sell quite a few players, sign a few and re-organise training.

May be up for some friendlies soon if anyone's interested?
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Drop me a line if you want a thursday friendly.

I'm in the same boat - kind of. I spent less time looking at the game due to real world commitments and have bumped along. Taking it seriously again now though.

As an aside, has anyone had a look at the new game? Its still in beta mode and has a number of issues, but I'm less keen on the overall feel of the game.
newgalesurf

Post by newgalesurf »

I am still in there. However barely spend any time on it. LAnguishing in Div 4 with one International player and a couple ex U20s

The last of my superstar tema from before are now beginning to dwindle

About to relaunch my rise to the top, and hit the transfer market again

(just found my way back in here too)
newgalesurf

Post by newgalesurf »

Sandydragon wrote:Drop me a line if you want a thursday friendly.

I'm in the same boat - kind of. I spent less time looking at the game due to real world commitments and have bumped along. Taking it seriously again now though.

As an aside, has anyone had a look at the new game? Its still in beta mode and has a number of issues, but I'm less keen on the overall feel of the game.
Regarding the new game. As staff member I have been poking around right through the alpha/beta seasons and can't get into it. Don't have the time to devote or the inclination to learn this approach Not my way of doing things, and despise the trading card approach it seems to adopt. Also seems to be moving in the pay to win direction in some ways.

Gonna stick to Classic
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

I've trailed the new game but I can't take to it. The classic game is still better in my opinion. The only bonus of the new game is being able to watch games live in more detail, but there's only so far that can be taken.

Sadly the transfer market in the classic game has gone nuts, but otherwise its still good and it still has a good core of players taking part. I'm moving back to Wales next season, although I might raise an affiliate and base them in Kenya.