League Thread - Discuss fixtures, results and anything else league related

WaspInWales

League Thread - Discuss fixtures, results and anything else league related

Post by WaspInWales »

BR league fred
WaspInWales

Re: League Thread - Discuss fixtures, results and anything else league related

Post by WaspInWales »

Fwck...i'm in the red. To the tune of £30k. I've got a home match this round but 2 away matches to follow.

Gonna be tight!
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I've been shit all season but have managed to make the final, season long drubbings may be a reality if I'm lucky.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Two teams went bot final week in my league, meaning that next season will be far from interesting, again...

I need one more season before I'm ready to survive in Div 3, and it looks like the guy in 1st will be promoted anyway. My team is coming along, though, so hopefully I'll go up next season.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Been a mixed season for me. The top of the league has been exciting as the lead changed hand a number of times and there were a few surprise results which added to the fun. Finances have taken a hit due to having a 30 man squad. Being £282k in the red with only away matches left was an eye opener. Managed to claw things back by selling half a dozen players but it's been far from ideal. I need to trim the squad even further after the playoffs and then just concentrate on rebuilding for a few seasons.

Made it to the final though. In the semi-final, I was up against a team that somehow beat me in the regular season. A 6 tries to 3 beating as well. It's the kind of result I tend to see once a season thanks to the mental BR engine. I'm now up against the team that man shamed me in the S25 final.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Been promoted to Cym-roo's league. Got a very slim chance of avoiding automatic relegation but it doesn't look too promising in all honestly.

Still, it should be fun!
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

50 new members today!
Stom

Post by Stom »

So my affiliate is a bit screwed this year. The bots are all 20k CSR average better off than me.

Got a small chance at promotion for my main team, this year, but I can't find the right players at the right price and the right age to boost my team.

So I'm looking for a prop and a lock, both between 28-32, both around 180kCSR preferrably, but can go down to 160k, and up to 250k so long as their wages aren't over 25,000/week.

If I can't find them, I'll bide my time until next season and hope for a cup run.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I'd be surprised if you lost to a bot regardless of their better CSR.
Stom

Post by Stom »

WaspInWales wrote:I'd be surprised if you lost to a bot regardless of their better CSR.
But it will mean having to play normal, not WNWIM, considering that CSR difference...
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Got things off to a decent start in division 2. Was playing against a slightly better team so thought I may as well go for it with ltnt. Ended up 34-34 which is nice but I don't seem to have been awarded BP for scoring 4 tries?

Sold out every section of the stadium and made a £400k profit which is bang tidy! Currently adding 1000 more seats to uncovered so this stint in division 2 could well be very profitable, even if short lived.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Just read that the 4 try bp is only awarded when you have scored 3 or more tries than your opponent so that explains why I didn't get one.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Bit of a weird result yesterday. Was up against a team ranked 315 in the world. They went ltnt to my normal and I had more ball. Neither team lost a scrum but I won more lineout against the throw than them plus I spent just 3 fewer minutes in their 22 than they did in mine but I still lost 29-10. 4 tries to 1.

I was expecting to get dry humped but looking at the stats, it just annoys me a bit. Especially bearing in mind my recent cup result when a vastly inferior team turned me over.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Lost 50-31 to my rivals away. Was leading 28-23 at half time, and my 8 conceded 5 penalties to lose us the game for the second time this year.

Going to ditch him and bring in someone with better mentals.
Stom

Post by Stom »

No one interested in BR anymore?

Made some signings before the rematch, hoping for a BP win (though that's harder this season with the Super Rugby BP system).

They have better CSR than me, but I think I've removed the flaws that cost me the last game.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Stom wrote:No one interested in BR anymore?

Made some signings before the rematch, hoping for a BP win (though that's harder this season with the Super Rugby BP system).

They have better CSR than me, but I think I've removed the flaws that cost me the last game.
I'm still well up for BR but this season was always going to be a chastising experience for me so I haven't had much to shout about.

Still waiting for a first league win in division II and I had a disappointing run in the cup. Getting a bit pissed off with the match engine as it has repeatedly had me losing against vastly inferior teams over the past few seasons although my league losses this season have been against vastly superior teams!
Stom

Post by Stom »

WaspInWales wrote:
Stom wrote:No one interested in BR anymore?

I'm still well up for BR but this season was always going to be a chastising experience for me so I haven't had much to shout about.

Still waiting for a first league win in division II and I had a disappointing run in the cup. Getting a bit pissed off with the match engine as it has repeatedly had me losing against vastly inferior teams over the past few seasons although my league losses this season have been against vastly superior teams!
Im more peeved at the pyramid. my league is basically pointless, yet i cannot get promotion as there is always 1 better, older club that can beat me. This season i have the best rated div4 team. Im still trying to give it a lash but damn.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Lost the game last week, btw. By 7 points thanks to two late tries. Yet again, though, was leading (3-0) at half time. So now I need to figure out what it is. Not penalties this time, I was on top of that. Stamina isn't bad, but maybe they have all 18s there... 1-2%age points difference in average energy and maybe they were in slightly better form.

Looking at a slight rebuild of my team for next season, but it's hard to find the right players. Will try my hardest. Don't have much money to spend, but if anyone has any Psychotic/Flawless players to sell...

:)
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Got an aggressive/flawless you can have.

Only 17 and very modest stats but if you want, I'll put him on the market.
Stom

Post by Stom »

WaspInWales wrote:Got an aggressive/flawless you can have.

Only 17 and very modest stats but if you want, I'll put him on the market.
Thanks...but no thanks :) Only after psychos :p Plus, I have my training slots all filled up for the next several seasons, so don't need any more 17 year olds, only first teamers.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I may be getting my arse kicked in division 2 but I've got over £2m in the bank to show for my efforts. Plus I've already expanded my stadium by 3000 capacity this season and am currently constructing L3 academy so being shit certainly pays off.

Also scored 5 tries against the league leaders yesterday...conceded 8 but that's another matter.

Got a chance of a win in the next round plus an outside chance the week after. It would be nice to get one win under my belt before I'm relegated so I'm gonna go for it.
Blandy

Post by Blandy »

Secured 5th spot in my first season in league II on the last day of the season, thought I'd blown it after a risky WNWIM against the bottom team leading to defeat. Need to have a bit of a rebuild as I ended the season with 6 players dropping CSR, one of my starting props has been replaced all ready, and I've got a trainee second row that needs about a half season more of training to replace a starting second row and I also have an 18 year old trainee which will have to make do as my reserve second row for now. My two reserve back rows are gone and also my best outside back :( going to have to see what I can afford after getting my prize money.

This is the first season ever I've not been involved in play offs, so it's a little strange waiting for so long at the end of the season (although obviously relagation match still to go)
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

I managed fourth this season in Kenya league one. Bit of a strange season, I beat the second best team comfortably in a huge game but lost a couple against weaker teams.

Some of my better players are hitting 30 so ill need to manage some replacements over the next couple of seasons. I have been investing heavily in my academy so hopefully that will show some rewards over the next few seasons.
Blandy

Post by Blandy »

Won my qualifier to remain in league II, however realised I only just about break even over a two week home/away cycle. Think I am going to have to use my prize money for a stadium expansion rather than strengthen my squad.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Finished the season without a win. Came close a few times and I did draw the opening game. Scoring 5 tries against the eventual league winners as well as best team in the division was my highlight.

Looks like I've been put in a tough division III league as penance. I'll be joining the Newgale Dragons on III.4 which on paper looks like it will be a 3 horse race with a couple of banana skin games in to add to the excitement. Can't wait to see how much the BR engine has them beating me by :)