League Thread - Discuss fixtures, results and anything else league related

Stom

Re: League Thread - Discuss fixtures, results and anything else league related

Post by Stom »

Thought I'd get a bot but someone moved from czech :(

Hopefully I can take his ranking points, but I was looking forward to an easy season...

Will now be looking for 1-2 players.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I'm on 22 players at the moment so I'm looking for 2 or 3 additions. Finding decent ones at a bargain isn't easy.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Cartman wrote:I'm on 22 players at the moment so I'm looking for 2 or 3 additions. Finding decent ones at a bargain isn't easy.
Not many bargains any more...

I hadn't broken the 100,000 mark in a transfer until last season, now I've broken the 200,000 mark 5 times, and if I get lucky, I'll buy my first million pound player soon...
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I'm on 22 players too but need to think about selling a couple before they start dropping. Trouble is, I can't sell them unless I promote or buy in replacements due to squad numbers. I'd like to keep my academy players in the YA for now so am trawling the transfer markets for replacements.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Stom wrote:
Cartman wrote:I'm on 22 players at the moment so I'm looking for 2 or 3 additions. Finding decent ones at a bargain isn't easy.
Not many bargains any more...

I hadn't broken the 100,000 mark in a transfer until last season, now I've broken the 200,000 mark 5 times, and if I get lucky, I'll buy my first million pound player soon...
Didn't get him, so spent the money on facilities and coaches instead.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Hit the post with a conversion attempt in the final minute of the match against Newgale. I lost 29-30!
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Somehow managed to win the away semi-final against a team that beat me a couple of weeks ago at home! Very close match with just one converted try the difference. Up against Newgale in the final at their place. They've beaten twice already this season, comprehensively away and by a single point at home.

I've been studying their tactics this season and I think I've come up with a plan to take advantage of their one weakness up front...we'll see ;)
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I'm at home in a repeat fixture of the only league game lost this season. I also think I've worked out his tactics as I hammered him away from home.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Cartman wrote:I'm at home in a repeat fixture of the only league game lost this season. I also think I've worked out his tactics as I hammered him away from home.
I'm at home against a guy I knew how to beat but who just spent more than 2million on 2 new players... one of which was a lock.

Now he has a 25k+ CSR advantage over me...

If I don't win, I will be pissed at BR for parachuting him into my league. I've had 1 mid table 3rd division side in my league every season, and then this season I thought I'd get promoted, just to have a Croat with a shit ton of cash jump in. I'm better than many 7&8 placed teams in div 3 already, and I'd strengthen.
Stom

Post by Stom »

28-23! :) Div 3 here I come.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Cartman wrote:I'm at home in a repeat fixture of the only league game lost this season. I also think I've worked out his tactics as I hammered him away from home.
I was bluffing. Newgale absolutely tonked me 61-23. I was hoping that he still reads this thread and my comments would create a little doubt in his head and force some last minute tactical changes :)

I'm not sure it would've made any difference had he read my comments above as his team is quite a bit better than mine anyway.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I scraped through 16-13 but the stats make it look a lot easier than that. How do I know which Division I'll be in next season?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Cartman wrote:I scraped through 16-13 but the stats make it look a lot easier than that. How do I know which Division I'll be in next season?
I'm sure there's a formula of working out which league you will be promoted/demoted to...I think it was posted on one of the previous RR incarnations, possibly by Newgale or Cym-roo.

Not much help I know but congrats Carts :)
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Cheers butty, lets hope I can stay longer than 2 seasons this time.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Looking at DivII, I hope I'm in with Jammydodgers DivII.2.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Got a very competitive Div3. A team out front, with 40kCSR more than the next best, and a team down the bottom, with 40k CSR less than the next worse. I'm 30k down on the average, but I beat one of them in a friendly, and he had most of his big guns playing, just 2 kids.

It's all going to be about energy management, and picking the right time to buy off the TM. Spent all my cash on a stadium increase, but I had an overall wage decrease of 5k, so am 105k better off this season (with the league change). Means a loss of less than 90k, which is much more manageable.

Looking forward to the challenge.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I played away and lost 35-32, scored 4 tries to his 2 and he went LTNT to my normal. I buggered up there. I'm in with Newgale, which is a bonus.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Lost 55-7 away from home.

Played the reserves and went WNWIM. He only went Normal, unfortunately.

Saturday is a must win for me, but I'm undecided about Normal or LTNT.

Going to be an interesting season.

On a plus, my youth pulls are reasonably ok. :) Especially pleased with one for my affiliate. 203cm, 115kg. Not a huge beast, but definitely big enough.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I'm glad I'm out of the cup, although a week to late as I've been crippled now. It's tough enough as it is.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Just paid over 2 million squid for a 22 year old lock just shy of 200k CSR, he had better be worth it. I've got a 32 year old fart up for sale in his place.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I've had a dabble on the market lately. Bought a couple of decent prospects including a 143k csr 20 year old flyer with grand speed, agility, stamina and attack, plus a 20 year old prop, 135k csr with grand technique, strength, stamina and defence...other attributes looking good too. Both should do well with plenty of training. Got a couple of impulsive buys too. Spent £3.5m in total!
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Also got a 207cm lock. Just turned 23 so not perfectly ideal and only impressive jumping and handling. Bit of an impulsive purchase but I'm hoping his csr and attributes will quickly rise. For some reason, his last club played him on the wing...limited speed too!
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

How much did you pay for the lock and what's his csr?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Cartman wrote:How much did you pay for the lock and what's his csr?
£344k. His csr when I purchased him was 80k but his jumping has already popped to princely.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

WaspInWales wrote:
Cartman wrote:How much did you pay for the lock and what's his csr?
£344k. His csr when I purchased him was 80k but his jumping has already popped to princely.
A bargain, only 23 and if you give him enough training he'll fly up in CSR.