League Thread - Discuss fixtures, results and anything else league related

WaspInWales

Re: League Thread - Discuss fixtures, results and anything else league related

Post by WaspInWales »

BR engine lottery strikes again!!

Lost my home semi-final against a team that I beat twice in the regular season including a 44-7 thumping at home.

I had 58% possession, took 5 of their lineouts - lost 0, took 1 of their scrums and lost 0. Conceded 3 penalties to 16. Had more time in their 22, but somehow lost 26-23. Outscored 4 tries to 2 as well!

FML!
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Picked up two long term injuries too!

Went into the game with a +30k average CSR for the starting XV and a +40k CSR for the bench.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Just had a look at the match review.

I missed 4 kicks at goal, had two tries ruled out from the tmo and they scored in the 80th minute to win the match.

Bollocks.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

last year I had Newgalesurf and now I'm in with Mint Imperials.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I got 4 bots ffs!
Stom

Post by Stom »

What's up with you guys and your leagues?

Currently 5th, again, and looks likely that'll be where I end up. Not quite good enough to challenge the top 4 yet, but easily 5th best.

Need to start making some cash soon, to try and buy some replacements for players, especially locks. And those are the most expensive...
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Currently second. 5 points behind the league leaders who I play in the next round and 4 points ahead of 3rd place.

The academy is not proving to be as fruitful as I was hoping it to be. I've promoted 3 players. So, so attributes and csr and none have sold.

Got a 201 cm player on the market Stom...appreciate he's probably not tall enough but he's a trier. Good lad too :)
Stom

Post by Stom »

WaspInWales wrote:Currently second. 5 points behind the league leaders who I play in the next round and 4 points ahead of 3rd place.

The academy is not proving to be as fruitful as I was hoping it to be. I've promoted 3 players. So, so attributes and csr and none have sold.

Got a 201 cm player on the market Stom...appreciate he's probably not tall enough but he's a trier. Good lad too :)
Been trying to get a lock through my academy for ages. My THP was a lock, as was my 6, while I have a 201cm player on the TM atm. I have also had 3 more players not good enough: 2 were too short, the other not good enough.

Meanwhile, my Romanian affiliate had its first round of locks from the academy ever. And there are 2 who are good enough...one of whom looks pretty good. Why I couldn't get that with my main team I don't know.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Bit of a turnaround in fortunes. BP win against league leaders means I'm now leading on points difference....only 11 points in it though.

4 matches left and we both play bots in 2 of those. They have to play the 3rd and 4th placed teams and I've got 3rd and 5th. Top spot for favourable home semi-final is going to be decided by one of these:
- total combined wins across/against all other tied team(s) in current season's league matches
- total wins in current league season
- overall league score margin
- more bonus tries (BT)
- more loss points (BL)
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Definitely going to have to pull the plug on the academy. No real stand out players to take on myself and they're just not shifting on the market. I thought some of the players would prove useful to someone starting out or managers willing to train.

Hell of a shame considering how much I've invested in it.
Stom

Post by Stom »

WaspInWales wrote:Definitely going to have to pull the plug on the academy. No real stand out players to take on myself and they're just not shifting on the market. I thought some of the players would prove useful to someone starting out or managers willing to train.

Hell of a shame considering how much I've invested in it.
Many people are leaving right about now...so stick it out.

The TM is crazy because of the extra money people had thanks to the changes in sponsorship. And that money is being spent on better, older players. In 2-3 seasons time that money will return to normal levels and there will be more academy players bought again, with fewer to choose between.

And the right academy players still go for a little bit. My last six sales from the academy were 17k, 70k, 11k, 1k, 85k and 3k. So it is variable. But 4 of my top 5 players are from my academy, I have one in the u20s, and 1 who may have a chance next time round. If the latter doesn't make my first team, I can sell him for big money in 3 seasons time.
Blandy

Post by Blandy »

Managed to get relegated on the final day of the season :( Well actually I got relegated having lost to one of close rivals a couple of weeks ago, but was confirmed on the final day of the season despite winning my last game. I really struggled with 5-6 of my best players losing CSR and not been able to replace them. Going down a division might work out ok to allow me to rebuild. I've got a few players that weren't quite good enough for division 2, but should be fine in division 3 and hopefully build up their experience and CSR and get promoted straight back.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Well beaten in the final. Wasn't even close...6 tries to 0.

The team that beat me have automatic promotion so I'm hoping that may improve my chances next season. The last 3 seasons have been a bit crap for me. Runner up twice and somehow managed a 3rd place in between.

Edging closer to pulling the plug on the YA. Struggled to sell players...ended up firing some players that haven't sold. Loads of scouting stars down the drain. Considering the total investment I've made over the past few seasons, it has been a massive waste.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Main team managed 5th, so a 1 position improvement. Hit my target of more wins than losses. Got a struggle on my hands, though, with my lock and 8 both dropping into Div4 quality... And I have no money to replace them properly.

So I instead spent all my cash on improving the stadium. Hopefully I can afford a new lock after the cup cash comes in.

My affiliate managed 3rd, again, although I have a new competitor in the league. The YA players will all start appearing next season. Should be 5 players of 100kCSR+, which will drastically improve my team. Especially when combined with the gains from my 3 trainees. I will decide halfway through the season if I want to push for promotion. If I do, I have around 7 million to spend on new recruits. If not, I'll sit on it for another season.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Won my final and automatic promotion to div II.

£3.7m in the bank so gonna try buying a couple of decent players or perhaps expand the stadium.

Not even thinking about div II survival...just gonna try and keep the defeats to less than 50 points a match :)
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

45-0 home loss against the second placed team in my league.

Both went ltnt and I have a +17k csr for top XV. They currently have a 2.4 rating point lead but not sure what it was prior to the our match.

I'm just about done with BR now. I honestly can't see how to progress beyond division III successfully.

0 new members this week too.

It never fucking rains eh?

FML.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Anyone signed up to the new version?