The Cringe/Hate Thread

morepork

Re: The Cringe/Hate Thread

Post by morepork »

Dickheads that keep large exotic pets for no other reason than they are dickheads. Right up there with Circus fuckwits and their criminally insane tortured beasties. This chap got his from Leo, and some.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47454610
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Easter rip-offs..the bear-faced cheek of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-47960714
morepork

Post by morepork »

That is incredibly underwhelming.
canta_brian

Post by canta_brian »

Trains.

Sending one perfectly on time to meet schedule adherence requirements despite 100 odd of it passengers being 70 yards away down the platform running from a train that is 10 mins late.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

People called Smith being called Smitty/Smiddy. Jesus christ. Fuck off America.

I mean I could just stop watching American TV shows, but that's not the point.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Hoisters & Tea-leafs who remove 1 or more items from a multi-pack and leave the pack there.Surely it's easier just to trouser/bag the whole unit ?
Or maybe they consume the item on-the-hoof.Either way, they're of exceptionally low rank.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Galfon wrote:Hoisters & Tea-leafs who remove 1 or more items from a multi-pack and leave the pack there.Surely it's easier just to trouser/bag the whole unit ?
Or maybe they consume the item on-the-hoof.Either way, they're of exceptionally low rank.
Those people are the lowest of the low. I’ve a begrudging respect for those who steal with a bit of chutzpah. When I lived in Nottingham I used to go drinking with a pro footballer player. He still hung out with his mates from the council estate he grew up on and one night after a few beers one of them told me that if you tie a carrier bag of the shop you are in to a large, big ticket item you can walk out of said shop uncontested 99% of the time. The chap made a decent living out of it and must have a large pair of cojones. At the other end of the scale is the s**t who stole a vest out of a three pack of toddler vests and my son had to go without a vest for the last day of a long weekend in Norfolk. No flair, no imagination and no massive cojones. Lowest of the low.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

"Leader of the free world"

Just fuck right off.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Taking back control

Meaningful vote (s)
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Yep. Though "people's vote" and "our NHS" are just as worthy.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

And while I'm at it, if you do the washing up but leave everything covered in washing up liquid you haven't done it properly.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:Yep. Though "people's vote" and "our NHS" are just as worthy.
Well played, especially 'Our NHS'.

Brexit means Brexit.
Coco

Post by Coco »

Mikey Brown wrote:And while I'm at it, if you do the washing up but leave everything covered in washing up liquid you haven't done it properly.
Agree 100%
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Thomas Sowell
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

'Drive-Thru'...(and Park Up.)
"Just park up anywhere, we'll find you and bring your order over when it's ready.."

Thanks.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Mikey Brown wrote:And while I'm at it, if you do the washing up but leave everything covered in washing up liquid you haven't done it properly.
No. That helps it drain quickly and without spots. It's all to do with surface tension.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Pervert.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Spiffy wrote:
No. That helps it drain quickly and without spots. It's all to do with surface tension.
and leaves the plate tasting of fairy liquid...of course you could actually dry the plate after you've washed it.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Numbers wrote:
Spiffy wrote:
Shut it, you absolute tosser.
You tell him, Numbers.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Spiffy wrote:
You could spray it in WD40 instead - that would make sure that it dried quickly and without spots.

Puja
Backist Monk
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

Do you Neanderthals not have dishwashers? Ours is a marvel. She also makes the beds and picks the dog shite up off the lawns.
Idle Feck
Digby

Post by Digby »

Random use of indicators by drivers. Sometimes no signal means they're turning left or right, and often at a roundabout a turning right signal means they're taking the next exit, it's often so bad now you can't even trust those who're doing it properly. Oh, and simultaneous or near simultaneous use of indicator and steering wheel such it's no actual indication
Puja

Post by Puja »

Real niche one here - the Prostate Cancer UK advert that's showing on the rugby all the time. It uses the "What a piece of work is man" speech from Hamlet, but attempts to protray it through judicious cuts as an uplifting speech about the greatness of men, which it is categorically not. For a start, Hamlet is specifically talking about humans when he says man, not the male gender, and secondly he's saying that we have all this potential and are actually pretty shit.

Only quote Shakespeare if you understand it!

Puja
Backist Monk
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Digby wrote:Random use of indicators by drivers. Sometimes no signal means they're turning left or right, and often at a roundabout a turning right signal means they're taking the next exit, it's often so bad now you can't even trust those who're doing it properly. Oh, and simultaneous or near simultaneous use of indicator and steering wheel such it's no actual indication
As someone who cycles in London this is becoming the bane of my life. Saw someone nearly get mowed down the other week and the drivers justification was the he indicated. He did indicate, after he started changing lanes and regardless of the fact that there was someone already in that space. Why do people find it so hard?
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Digby wrote:Random use of indicators by drivers. Sometimes no signal means they're turning left or right, and often at a roundabout a turning right signal means they're taking the next exit, it's often so bad now you can't even trust those who're doing it properly. Oh, and simultaneous or near simultaneous use of indicator and steering wheel such it's no actual indication
It's getting worse all the time, and one of the reason I didn't replace my car when we lost it to the floods 12 years ago.

Now I only drive 3-4 times a year, and each time it confirms how glad I am that I don't have to drive more
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Puja wrote:Real niche one here - the Prostate Cancer UK advert that's showing on the rugby all the time. It uses the "What a piece of work is man" speech from Hamlet, but attempts to protray it through judicious cuts as an uplifting speech about the greatness of men, which it is categorically not. For a start, Hamlet is specifically talking about humans when he says man, not the male gender, and secondly he's saying that we have all this potential and are actually pretty shit.

Only quote Shakespeare if you understand it!

Puja
They’re trying to raise money for a cancer charity not gain a first from UCL in English Lit.