Ignore list

Peat

Ignore list

Post by Peat »

Is it possible to make it so we simply don't see the posts of people on our Ignore list, rather than the little notification that they've posted inviting me to unignore them for that post? Its somehow even more annoying that some people's posts.
Digby

Re: Ignore list

Post by Digby »

It'd also be good if beyond those on the ignore list not appearing in notifications if posts by any such members posts didn't show as red unread comments. Sometimes I'll read posts from those on the ignore list, but more often if going into some threads one just ends up selecting mark all as read.
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

The temptation to let these sit here unresponded to.......

Sadly not gents, its a function of the software unfortunately. Personally I tried the ignore list years ago and couldn't get along with it, if Im ignoring someone I want to feel good about it not let some machine take all the effort out of it, thats where the satisfaction is.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

One of my few pleasures in life is looking at some threads to see how many posts Rowan has written without response. Sometimes, I don't know whether to pity him or admire his persistence.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

I've always found the ignor function too annoying to use for long periods. The old board use to block the poster, but not when quoted by someone else. Almost easier not to bother in the first place.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Sandydragon wrote:I've always found the ignor function too annoying to use for long periods. The old board use to block the poster, but not when quoted by someone else. Almost easier not to bother in the first place.
Well, at least there's not much chance of Rowan being quoted!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Stom wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:I've always found the ignor function too annoying to use for long periods. The old board use to block the poster, but not when quoted by someone else. Almost easier not to bother in the first place.
Well, at least there's not much chance of Rowan being quoted!
Only by himself.