Lions Attrition - update.

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

kk67

Re: Lions Attrition - update.

Post by kk67 »

Inverdale has not made himself available at this auction.....you can target Stuarts standing leg as he pretends to drill it down the line and then steps you. If you miss, you pay.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Gatland says he will bring 4/5 players next week in a pre-planned move the national team coaches are aware off.

Cuthbert off at halftime, with no sign of injury and the game in the balance, for Wales........
cashead

Post by cashead »

Series as good as won for your boys.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Mellsblue wrote:Gatland says he will bring 4/5 players next week in a pre-planned move the national team coaches are aware off.

Cuthbert off at halftime, with no sign of injury and the game in the balance, for Wales........
Scored a nice try mind, but we have been waiting a long time for that. If he does go, it might mean an opportunity for someone like Gilles to have a run out.
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

Zebo and Earls are in Japan and run out tomorrow morning. Given that Japan is 3 hours behind New Zealand and Tonga is 1 hour ahead, that means that Cuthbert can be with the Lions 4 hours before our lads. This is an unfair advantage and increases the legitimacy of demands for a flat earth with a single common time zone (Except for Newfoundland, which should remain 50 years behind).
Idle Feck
skidger

Post by skidger »

cashead wrote:Series as good as won for your boys.
Do you think the Kiwis stand any chance at all?
Digby

Post by Digby »

Do players called up late to play a midweek game or two to save those in with a chance of a test shirt having to bother get the same tour payment?
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Digby wrote:Do players called up late to play a midweek game or two to save those in with a chance of a test shirt having to bother get the same tour payment?
Im not sure. If they do and this was the plan all along, why not just let them come along from the beginning rather than call them up on a hiding to nothing at this stage. You cant complain about lack of cohesion if you have a plan involving not bringing some of your intended squad until half way through
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Sandydragon wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Gatland says he will bring 4/5 players next week in a pre-planned move the national team coaches are aware off.

Scored a nice try mind, but we have been waiting a long time for that. If he does go, it might mean an opportunity for someone like Gilles to have a run out.
Cuthbert injured his shoulder when diving for an attempted try, that's why he was replaced by Corey Allen.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Numbers wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:

Cuthbert injured his shoulder when diving for an attempted try, that's why he was replaced by Corey Allen.
Phew. Don't think that was mentioned during the commentary. If it was I missed it.
How Corey Allen didn't injury his entire body when he took that hit I'll never know. Brutal.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Mellsblue wrote:
Numbers wrote:
Sandydragon wrote: Scored a nice try mind, but we have been waiting a long time for that. If he does go, it might mean an opportunity for someone like Gilles to have a run out.
Phew. Don't think that was mentioned during the commentary. If it was I missed it.
How Corey Allen didn't injury his entire body when he took that hit I'll never know. Brutal.

Aye, thunderous and he's not exactly renowned for going injury free.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Numbers wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Numbers wrote:

Aye, thunderous and he's not exactly renowned for going injury free.
I think we all felt that a bit, one hell of a smash and a legal challenge. Glad Allen just got on with the game and wasn't injured.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Cameo wrote:
Digby wrote:Do players called up late to play a midweek game or two to save those in with a chance of a test shirt having to bother get the same tour payment?
Im not sure. If they do and this was the plan all along, why not just let them come along from the beginning rather than call them up on a hiding to nothing at this stage. You cant complain about lack of cohesion if you have a plan involving not bringing some of your intended squad until half way through
It doesn't sounds like they're part of any plans, rather they'd be called up as moving tackle bags
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Digby wrote:
Cameo wrote:
It doesn't sounds like they're part of any plans, rather they'd be called up as moving tackle bags
Yeah, that is my fear
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Sure that used to be known as a thigh-strain..
hopefully JS will find some form and avoid over exuberant collisions.Big loss for the first-string xv based on the showings thus far.

'Fly-half Farrell may miss the first Test against the All Blacks on 24 June after a quadriceps injury in training, with Johnny Sexton likely to fill in...'
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Cameo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Cameo wrote:
Yeah, that is my fear
Seemingly confirmed by the names I've been reading. Finn Russel akd Gareth Davies yes, Allan Dell and Darcy something (or whatever that Welsh hooker is called) no
Digby

Post by Digby »

Kristian Dacey, Tomas Francis, Cory Hill and Gareth Davies added to the squad, so if it is the same financial deal that's another £280k to the WRU?

And it's being reported that Allan Dell and Finn Russell will be joining them.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Ross Moriaty is out of the tour due to injury

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Donny osmond wrote:Ross Moriaty is out of the tour due to injury

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
That's a real shame for him. Back spasms were the original issue iirc.

As for the replacement dirt tracker bench warmers I hope they add some value, if if only to keep a test player away from midweek matches and injury. Easy to compare this to SCWs tour, although at least this time every original player has had an opportunity to put their hand up for selection. Now we are at the business end of the tour, I understand why Gataland wants to do this.
Bloggs

Post by Bloggs »

I think this is pretty appalling and diminishes the Lions concept. If this was the plan all along, just call up a bigger squad and give these 6 guys a chance to win a test place!

If England were touring New Zealand and Wales were touring Argentina, I just don't believe Gatland would be doing this.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I guess you can't realistically give that many guys a proper chance. Sort of understand Gatland on this one, but how bittersweet for any of the players. They're just making up the numbers.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Mikey Brown wrote:I guess you can't realistically give that many guys a proper chance. Sort of understand Gatland on this one, but how bittersweet for any of the players. They're just making up the numbers.
Exactly. Too big a squad and no one gets a decent chance. Im sure the coaching staff have honestly told the newly arriving players that their chances of making the test team are pretty much zero, but they will hopefully benefit from the overall experience.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Actually think this entirely sensible. Gatland wants his test squad to concentrate on the 1st test and not have players having to fulfil bench duties for the Tuesday game.
I'm sure this was the plan all along and its logical. My only issue is that if this was the plan all along then the England players, most notably Launchbury, should have been included. If it was made clear to Eddie Jones that he would have to release one or two players after the 1st Argentinian test I'm sure that would have been agreed.
Why couldnt they have announced a supplementary squad of, say, a dozen players who would be on standby for injuries or to join up in the 2 last weeks to provide midweek cover?
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Bloggs wrote:I think this is pretty appalling and diminishes the Lions concept.
If Gats, Faz, Howler and Borthers manage to pull a massive bunny out of the hat next week we'll soon forget about it.
Cradling my first beer and pondering the game, the Lions pack dogged the living shit out of that game.
Blandy

Post by Blandy »

fivepointer wrote: Why couldnt they have announced a supplementary squad of, say, a dozen players who would be on standby for injuries or to join up in the 2 last weeks to provide midweek cover?
Did Gatland not end up saying before the tour started that they had a list of potential injury replacements in mind, but he wouldn't say who. I wonder if the players/national coaches were made aware, and if they were the players that have been called up now.