v Crusaders

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

hugh_woatmeigh

Re: v Crusaders

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

16th man wrote:Crusaders error count is a horror show. For the team that should have cohesion on their side they've been woeful.
They're embarrassing. Once in a life time opportunity for their players and their fans and they produce this shower.
dk4

Post by dk4 »

scrum half no attempt to penetrate at all.
Slow ball and predictive ball.
zer0

Post by zer0 »

Lizard wrote:WHY WOULD YOU KICK THAT!
Mistook themselves for the Hurricanes for a moment. Only one without all the backline talent and the Bogan.
I R Geech

Post by I R Geech »

Props to Papa Faz and Wig, but why Howley is looking so pleased with himself is beyond me.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Laughable skills from the Crusaders.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

The Lions' defensive speed has been very impressive and seems to have rattled the Cru into making errors.

Useful to know for Super Rugby playoffs.

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Howley laughing his arse off in the box. 3 games, 2 tries. What else can you do but laugh?
Digby

Post by Digby »

Crusaders contained, but too many points passed up by the Lions on attack.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I wouldn't be surprised if someone started a petition to get these weaker teams removed from super rugby.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I R Geech wrote:Props to Papa Faz and Wig, but why Howley is looking so pleased with himself is beyond me.
He's just got a joke that Gatland told him 4 years ago in Oz.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Ready for the Farrell wank fest?
16th man

Post by 16th man »

WaspInWales wrote:Ready for the Farrell wank fest?
It will be over the top but, that missed penalty aside, he was actually pretty good today. The tactical kicking from him, Sexton and Murray was vastly improved today.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

16th man wrote:
WaspInWales wrote:Ready for the Farrell wank fest?
It will be over the top but, that missed penalty aside, he was actually pretty good today. The tactical kicking from him, Sexton and Murray was vastly improved today.
Aye, he was ok. Some very nice touch finders and moved the ball on well enough.
canta_brian

Post by canta_brian »

Seemed like every one of the cru hard a dreadful case of hard hands. Nothing stuck, all night.
zer0

Post by zer0 »

canta_brian wrote:Seemed like every one of the cru hard a dreadful case of hard hands. Nothing stuck, all night.
Needed a couple of Blues players to show them how to perform in the big matches...
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Much better in almost all areas.

Good to see Farrell and Sexton combining well. I think that's a combo for the tests and Murray at scrum half is a huge plus. Shame for JD2 who looked alright before going off injured, but I thinkTeo is making one of the centre shirts his.

We definitely need much more in attack though. Hats off to the defence and the forwards, but we just couldn't score tries. I doubt the ABs will have the same problem.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Did we learn anything from that?

Honestly, it really feels like the Lions best shot is with as many English players as possible...Mako, George, Kruis, Farrell, Te'o and Watson all did well.

After the 3 matches so far, I think I'd likely go for something like:

Mako
George
Furlong
Itoje
Kruis
SOB? I'm unsure on 6, tbh.
Warburton
Faletau
Murray
Farrell
North
Te'o
Joseph
Daly
Watson

Best, McGrath, Sinckler, AWJ?, Tipuric, Webb, Sexton, LWilliams
Stom

Post by Stom »

Sandydragon wrote:Much better in almost all areas.

Good to see Farrell and Sexton combining well. I think that's a combo for the tests and Murray at scrum half is a huge plus. Shame for JD2 who looked alright before going off injured, but I thinkTeo is making one of the centre shirts his.

We definitely need much more in attack though. Hats off to the defence and the forwards, but we just couldn't score tries. I doubt the ABs will have the same problem.
Seriously? Passing when he shouldn't to break down one try scoring oppo, and then failing to hold on to a breadbasket pass with the line beckoning. I'd say that was pretty crap...
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Has there been any news on whether Hogg is alive or does nobody there give a shit?
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

Yo. Missed this match. Reading the updates here, is it fair to summarise as cru poor, lions better leaving a fair few points begging? There several injuries? Hogg and jd2? So the game finished with sexton and farrell? Did sexton look a bit back to his old self?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Gats making a point about the kick that wasn't given.

To me, it didn't look like it went between the posts...it was over the pole. Tjs called it correct imo.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Mr Mwenda wrote:Yo. Missed this match. Reading the updates here, is it fair to summarise as cru poor, lions better leaving a fair few points begging? There several injuries? Hogg and jd2? So the game finished with sexton and farrell? Did sexton look a bit back to his old self?
Sounds about right really. Sexton better but not 100%

Stander' performances are slightly conc RBI g when we've been banking on his carrying so heavily in Vunipola's absence. I think Obrien looked a bit like his old set though.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Looked to me like the Crusaders are used to physically bullying teams and against that particular Lions team they ran into a side that wasn't going allow that. In fact, second half Lions really battered the Crusaders in defence.

Maybe the Lions might actually struggle more with some of the other franchises that play in a different way.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

A win against NZ's best S15 team is not to be sneezed at. the Lions did a lot right and were easily the better side. With more precision and composure when in try scoring positions the score could have been a lot more decisive. Its here where the work needs to be done. Several times over the first three game the Lions have established good attacking positions 5-10 meters out from the tryline, yet have failed to score.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Mr Mwenda wrote:Yo. Missed this match. Reading the updates here, is it fair to summarise as cru poor, lions better leaving a fair few points begging? There several injuries? Hogg and jd2? So the game finished with sexton and farrell? Did sexton look a bit back to his old self?
Sounds about right really. Sexton better but not 100%

Stander' performances are slightly conc RBI g when we've been banking on his carrying so heavily in Vunipola's absence. I think Obrien looked a bit like his old set though.
Stander is looking like a dirt tracker...