V Chiefs

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

Donny osmond

V Chiefs

Post by Donny osmond »

Gatland is a barnstorming thundercunt who just lost every bit of respect I might ever have had for him. Its going to he mighty hard for me to support this particular BIL team, altho I wouldnt wish them to lose either...Image

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Donny osmond on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
switchskier

Re: V Chiefs

Post by switchskier »

I don't know. Change the halfbacks at 60 minutes, plus Seymour for Nowell and that back line could be pretty threatening, if they accept that they've had no time to train together and just play off the cuff.

Two Welsh locks on the bench however is odd to me? I'd assumed that AWJ would be in the test 23, being a Gatland favourite and I could even have understood it if not agreed with it. Maybe he won't get on the pitch? Henderson to cover the backrow with Haskell switching to seven or eight if needed I guess?

12 point loss I reckon.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Who's the loose forward cover?
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Anyone know why Jonathan Joseph is not in the 23? Dropped, injured or number 23 for the 1st test?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Timbo wrote:Anyone know why Jonathan Joseph is not in the 23? Dropped, injured or number 23 for the 1st test?
Daly would be my pick for 23, but it looks like JJ will be in the match day squad to me based on this. My other take is that itoje will likely be on the bench...and Lawes shouldn't be playing v the chiefs.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Beaver is captaining the Chiefs, you haven't got a chance.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Banquo wrote:
Timbo wrote:Anyone know why Jonathan Joseph is not in the 23? Dropped, injured or number 23 for the 1st test?
Daly would be my pick for 23, but it looks like JJ will be in the match day squad to me based on this. My other take is that itoje will likely be on the bench...and Lawes shouldn't be playing v the chiefs.
I would imagine it is just a little wum from Gatland as cannot see him starting or on the bench. I would hope a good showing from Daly or possibly even Williams would see them move ahead of North.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Chiefs will probably take this one. There seems to be a clear distinction between the midweek crew and the Saturday crew. The Saturday boys are great at shutting teams down - made plenty obvious on Saturday (the Crusaders had a poor game, but the NZMaori too, in the same way? Come the fuck on). I guess this does not bode particularly well for the team that'll face the Hurricanes.

On the other hand, considering that 12 years ago, 2/3 of the starting loose forwards in the 2nd and 3rd test sides weren't even in the original squad (Simon Easterby at 6 and Ryan Jones at 8 - although both were fairly early call-ups), these guys could potentially force their way into the team, depending on how Saturday's test goes.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

The mid-week lions are definitely a lesser beast than the Saturday crew, but the Chiefs are seriously undermanned (no Cruden, MacKenzie, Retallick, Lowe etc) and some that are there are backing up from weekend games (Messam, Nanai-Williams etc).

I'll still be there though!
morepork

Post by morepork »

Basically we have to be capable of slipping a length to the first choice Lions pack. It's been a pretty good demonstration of the step up from scratch to full blooded test side. They won't be Lion down, regardless of the perceived lack of potential in the backs.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Lawes? What on earth is he doing there?

Never mind calling up some sub standard players someone should call up James Robson. Dan Biggar fails an HIA and is passed fit to play, Lawes gets knocked out and is passed fit to play
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:Lawes? What on earth is he doing there?

Never mind calling up some sub standard players someone should call up James Robson. Dan Biggar fails an HIA and is passed fit to play, Lawes gets knocked out and is passed fit to play
Thats what I said above on Lawes, ridiculous
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:Lawes? What on earth is he doing there?

Thats what I said above on Lawes, ridiculous
So you did, my apologies.

I'm not sure how this isn't getting more coverage. Sure they can warble on about their assessments, but I don't have the sense we're especially good at them, so it's just barking mad. And if we have to pick Lawes 'cause the cannon fodder isn't good enough then that's well and truly on Gats
dk4

Post by dk4 »

They should not be playing him.
Discreet Hooker

Post by Discreet Hooker »

Just got the feeling that if Joe Launchbury had been there , he may have got a game or two .
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

The game needed that!
cashead

Post by cashead »

Discreet Hooker wrote:Just got the feeling that if Joe Launchbury had been there , he may have got a game or two .
Likewise with Jonny Gray.

Like, who in the cunting fuck is Cory Hill?
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Tackling and discipline poor, good set piece. Should have made more of it, Imo Laidlaw too ponderous.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Banquo wrote:Tackling and discipline poor, good set piece. Should have made more of it, Imo Laidlaw too ponderous.
Time for Davies to have a go.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Laidlaw with a searing break. LOL.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Lawes has gone well, but another HIA? Management need a good look at themselves
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Banquo wrote:Lawes has gone well, but another HIA? Management need a good look at themselves
He needs to stay off now.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

In another news, chiefs 9 is a dick. And definitely a penalty try.
Why bring Alun Wyn on?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Lawes back on? Nuts
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Nice.