Banquo

Re: V Chiefs

Post by Banquo »

good stuff from nowell, but brilliant from Daly. Both have a sniff
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Great stuff. Great boost for the tour, even if Chiefs weak
Last edited by Banquo on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

That's better from Sanjay. Hasn't done much tonight, but that was class.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Oh Seymour. What the fuck? You're better than that.

I think he was waiting for Payne to cut back but that was awful following a great line.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Awful from Seymour. Plenty of options, but instead cropped space and delivered a terrible pass.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Banquo wrote:In another news, chiefs 9 is a dick. And definitely a penalty try.
Why bring Alun Wyn on?
Im assuming that none of the controversial 6 players called into the squad will get on unless they absolutely have to.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Sandydragon wrote:
Why bring Alun Wyn on?
Im assuming that none of the controversial 6 players called into the squad will get on unless they absolutely have to.
Which is a shame in a way because Davies and Finn Russell were probably next in line for their respective positions and there wouldnt be too many objections to their inclusion.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Ah, Williams finally back to doing really crap stuff too.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Enjoyed that. Pack were excellent, nearly all on for the 80- Cole had been getting some stick, but that was a hell of an effort-- that was a pack performance 'for the tour' as it were; some nice touches in the backs too. Nowell was very good, and Daly classy; Williams looked dangerous too.
Kudos.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Sandydragon wrote:
Why bring Alun Wyn on?
I guess, but that forces these guys to play 80--- which they did well in truth.
Spy

Post by Spy »

That was a sound thrashing. The rush defence is troubling NZ sides, as are the Lions predictably good mauling skills. Even though it was a second string Chiefs side, that was a beating of unexpected magnitude from the midweek Lions. It's all on for Saturday.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Banquo wrote:Enjoyed that. Pack were excellent, nearly all on for the 80- Cole had been getting some stick, but that was a hell of an effort-- that was a pack performance 'for the tour' as it were; some nice touches in the backs too. Nowell was very good, and Daly classy; Williams looked dangerous too.
Kudos.
Agreed. Thought the front 5 were utterly dominant and laid foundation for an impressive win. Good to see the ball moving around the backs a bit resulting in some fine tries.
Lions getting better and looking a very united group.
1st test is going to be very interesting.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Sandydragon wrote:
Banquo wrote:Lawes has gone well, but another HIA? Management need a good look at themselves
He needs to stay off now.
When the class action arises it's hard to see how the game will defend itself
cashead

Post by cashead »

It's really frustrating to see a professional do that after I just had one kid in the team I co-coach sit out for about a month due to a concussion.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

To be fair, Lawes taking a bash to the head means that the site of injury is about three feet from his brain.
Idle Feck
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

cashead wrote:It's really frustrating to see a professional do that after I just had one kid in the team I co-coach sit out for about a month due to a concussion.
whilst I get he is keen to press his case and do well for the team, the medics are much better off erring on the side of caution.
Edinburgh in Exile

Post by Edinburgh in Exile »

fivepointer wrote:
Banquo wrote:Enjoyed that. Pack were excellent, nearly all on for the 80- Cole had been getting some stick, but that was a hell of an effort-- that was a pack performance 'for the tour' as it were; some nice touches in the backs too. Nowell was very good, and Daly classy; Williams looked dangerous too.
Kudos.
Agreed. Thought the front 5 were utterly dominant and laid foundation for an impressive win. Good to see the ball moving around the backs a bit resulting in some fine tries.
Aye, really pleased with the Lions defence over the last few games. Nice to see a bit more in attack too. I did genuinely laugh out loud as Nowell darted over for his first try through a huge gap at the fringe of the ruck that Laidlaw didn't even see. I'm not trying to rag on the wee man, as I think he had his best game of the tour today, but for a cat that sometimes takes a fortnight to play the ball his offensive awareness is brutal.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Banquo wrote:
cashead wrote:It's really frustrating to see a professional do that after I just had one kid in the team I co-coach sit out for about a month due to a concussion.
whilst I get he is keen to press his case and do well for the team, the medics are much better off erring on the side of caution.
He was really keen to get back on the field and very frustrated, but I and the 2 guys that team coach the squad stuck to our guns. Once he got medical clearance, we let him do full physical contact training and had him do waterboy duties for 1 fixture before we selected him to start at lock - against the very team that he got concussed playing against.

We told him over and over again that we'd rather him miss as many games as required in this 1 season than to put his playing future at risk for just 1 fixture.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
kk67

Post by kk67 »

As I understood the IRB's strictures 8 years ago, a loss of consciousness was a mandatory 2 weeks off.
cashead

Post by cashead »

kk67 wrote:
As I understood the IRB's strictures 8 years ago, a loss of consciousness was a mandatory 2 weeks off.
The NZRU's rule for any rugby played under their jurisdiction states "3 weeks once symptoms end." In this case, it's secondary school rugby, which is overseen by the Bay of Plenty Rugby Union, who reports to the NZRU.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Edinburgh in Exile wrote:
fivepointer wrote:
Kudos.
Aye, really pleased with the Lions defence over the last few games. Nice to see a bit more in attack too. I did genuinely laugh out loud as Nowell darted over for his first try through a huge gap at the fringe of the ruck that Laidlaw didn't even see. I'm not trying to rag on the wee man, as I think he had his best game of the tour today, but for a cat that sometimes takes a fortnight to play the ball his offensive awareness is brutal.
didn't even think of that....but lol!
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

cashead wrote:
Banquo wrote:
He was really keen to get back on the field and very frustrated, but I and the 2 guys that team coach the squad stuck to our guns. Once he got medical clearance, we let him do full physical contact training and had him do waterboy duties for 1 fixture before we selected him to start at lock - against the very team that he got concussed playing against.

We told him over and over again that we'd rather him miss as many games as required in this 1 season than to put his playing future at risk for just 1 fixture.
That's great. There is a difference in the pressure Lawes would be putting on himself....once in a lifetime chance etc...but thats why intervention is needed.
onlynameleft

Post by onlynameleft »

Banquo wrote:
cashead wrote:
Banquo wrote: whilst I get he is keen to press his case and do well for the team, the medics are much better off erring on the side of caution.

That's great. There is a difference in the pressure Lawes would be putting on himself....once in a lifetime chance etc...but thats why intervention is needed.
Surely it's not up to the concussed player when the concussed player returns to playing?
kk67

Post by kk67 »

It seems strange that in recent years there has been a medical division between losing consciousness and concussion.
This seems particularly strange to me after having personally suffered serious concussion without losing consciousness.

I find it inconceivable that someone could lose consciousness and not be considered to have suffered concussion.