Team v Hurricanes

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

morepork

Re: Team v Hurricanes

Post by morepork »

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/ ... ts-created

All Black full back Ben Smith ruled himself out of Saturday's test against the Lions because of a head knock last weekend - a decision his replacement, Israel Dagg, applauded.

"I said to him, you've only got one brain."

"It's pretty simple at the end of the day, we've gotta make good decisions and obviously it's a big Test, a big series, the All Blacks."

"But at the end of the day he's got two kids, a beautiful wife, and you've just gotta make those decisions.

"The whole team's behind him. Yeah, it's only rugby at the end of the day."

Bin Smuf. Ligind.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

morepork wrote: a beautiful wife,

Bin Smuf. Ligind.
Fact.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
morepork

Post by morepork »

That's not what I meant Trump.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

I know, Germaine.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Mellsblue wrote:I know, Germaine.
Is Haskell still dating the son of Richard and Judy?
kk67

Post by kk67 »

There's an Eels lyric that goes:
'I can't bear to watch the shuttle launch
the trophy wives of the astronauts'.

'whistle' ....Birds.
Last edited by kk67 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

skidger wrote:
Yes.

Chloe Madeley. Legend.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Mellsblue wrote:
skidger wrote:
Yes.

Chloe Madeley. Legend.
They're made for each other.
You could call it the perfect love story.......or you could say they spared two other people.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Mellsblue wrote:
skidger wrote:
Yes.

Chloe Madeley. Legend.
There is a youtube video of Hask having award winning banter with Richard. Yes I have too much time on my hands. But its a real meeting of minds.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

skidger wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
skidger wrote:
Yes.

Chloe Madeley. Legend.
There is a youtube video of Hask having award winning banter with Richard. Yes I have too much time on my hands. But its a real meeting of minds.
Link.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Mellsblue wrote:
skidger wrote:
Mellsblue wrote: Yes.

Chloe Madeley. Legend.
Link.
I'm happy you skipped saying 'or it never happened'. We know it did. It must have.
Just send the link to the cringe thread.
Last edited by kk67 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Mellsblue wrote:
skidger wrote:

Chloe Madeley. Legend.
Link.
I shall have a look. There is a moment where Richard takes a huge swig of tea that is more Alan Partridge than Alan. And Hask is on form as usual.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:In contrast NZ have sent Bin Smuth home and told him he won't be considered for the rest of the series......
seems to be a lot more of it about? or is it just a random cluster?
It's more that the NZRU has very strict guidelines about concussions, and because we know so much more about them than we did, say 10 years ago, they're obviously taken more seriously by the ABs management than apparently the Lions management.

If anyone had any lingering doubts about Gatland's fitness to coach, his callousness and recklessness with clearly concussed players should dispel them. What a fucking disgrace.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Christ, he's an England backrow, your Daughter is infatuated with him and you're thinking: 'Really ?,...this guy ?'
kk67

Post by kk67 »

cashead wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:In contrast NZ have sent Bin Smuth home and told him he won't be considered for the rest of the series......
seems to be a lot more of it about? or is it just a random cluster?
It's more that the NZRU has very strict guidelines about concussions, and because we know so much more about them than we did, say 10 years ago, they're obviously taken more seriously by the ABs management than apparently the Lions management.

If anyone had any lingering doubts about Gatland's fitness to coach, his callousness and recklessness with clearly concussed players should dispel them. What a fucking disgrace.
All coaches are shit about concussion decisions. It's a better bet to take their skippers opinion.
Which is more frequently honest.
i.) He always goes down
ii.) He's off.

When I ask the Skip' it's usually one of these 2 answers I get. Twat or hurt. The Skip usually knows.
cashead

Post by cashead »

kk67 wrote:
cashead wrote:
Banquo wrote: seems to be a lot more of it about? or is it just a random cluster?

All coaches are shit about concussion decisions. It's a better bet to take their skippers opinion.
Which is more frequently honest.
i.) He always goes down
ii.) He's off.

When I ask the Skip' it's usually one of these 2 answers I get. Twat or hurt. The Skip usually knows.
Dunno about coaches on your end, but coaches here are pretty fucking hardcore about it. We pulled one of our starting locks when the coaching panel of 3 (myself and 2 others) suspected he had a concussion, got him to talk to a doctor, and sidelined him for a month total as soon as we got confirmation he had a concussion - 1 week for his post-concussion symptoms to subside and another 3 weeks before we fielded him off the bench. We only let him do full contact training once he produced a doctor's note stating that he was medically clear as well, and that was still a week before we put him back in the team.
Last edited by cashead on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
kk67

Post by kk67 »

I can assure you,.....our coaches are twats.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Mellsblue wrote:
skidger wrote:

Chloe Madeley. Legend.
Link.

morepork

Post by morepork »

Nice.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

skidger wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
skidger wrote:
Link.

I had high hopes but it was so poor I couldn't see it through to the end. Awful.