The Power of Four

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

Mellsblue

The Power of Four

Post by Mellsblue »

Ok, so the Woodward inspired anthem was shunt but let's all unite for the common good. Let us get beyond our parochial views, where it's impossible to criticise Jonathan Davies for dropping a ball without Numbers claiming you hate all Welshmen. Where some Scottish fans wish the Lions to fail solely because their boys can't go to HQ with getting a beating and subsequently drop out of contention for the Lions squad. Where EW would still pick Henshaw for the test team even though he's spent an entire tour running into brick walls. Where every time a non-English lock forces a turnover an English fan claims Launchbury would've forced two turnovers simultaneously.

Let's unite in this common cause:
https://www.change.org/p/sky-get-sky-sp ... ition_view
skidger

Re: The Power of Four

Post by skidger »

I think you forgot to add Stephen Ferris as the ultimate in bias. It easily beats EW in the fact that you should get a player in not for the fact he plays for Ulster and Ireland but that he is also a mate. Laughably Ferris is supposed to be professional in his role for sky. But when he went into his Rory Best monologue after the first test will take some beating. I kinda hoped sky would drop in the Simon Bates our tune music as Ferris warbled on about young Rory.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Mellsblue wrote:
Firstly abolishing the Lions seems a much easier route to go, secondly I'd have to go with Bangers & Mash over Bodger and Badger
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

skidger wrote:I think you forgot to add Stephen Ferris as the ultimate in bias. It easily beats EW in the fact that you should get a player in not for the fact he plays for Ulster and Ireland but that he is also a mate. Laughably Ferris is supposed to be professional in his role for sky. But when he went into his Rory Best monologue after the first test will take some beating. I kinda hoped sky would drop in the Simon Bates our tune music as Ferris warbled on about young Rory.
I hadn't seen this, but I remember Ferris doing some incredibly childish and unprofessional punditry a little while back when Ulster lost a game to Glasgow. I'd probably be bitter too though if I were that good a player and forced to retire.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Digby wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Firstly abolishing the Lions seems a much easier route to go, secondly I'd have to go with Bangers & Mash over Bodger and Badger
Poor old Bodger died the other day. I'm guessing therefore that Badger may be indesposed for a while.
Digby

Post by Digby »

bruce wrote:
Digby wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Poor old Bodger died the other day. I'm guessing therefore that Badger may be indesposed for a while.
He could play as the Lions creative element, it couldn't be much deader
skidger

Post by skidger »

Mikey Brown wrote:
skidger wrote:I think you forgot to add Stephen Ferris as the ultimate in bias. It easily beats EW in the fact that you should get a player in not for the fact he plays for Ulster and Ireland but that he is also a mate. Laughably Ferris is supposed to be professional in his role for sky. But when he went into his Rory Best monologue after the first test will take some beating. I kinda hoped sky would drop in the Simon Bates our tune music as Ferris warbled on about young Rory.
I hadn't seen this, but I remember Ferris doing some incredibly childish and unprofessional punditry a little while back when Ulster lost a game to Glasgow. I'd probably be bitter too though if I were that good a player and forced to retire.
Good player and seems a decent bloke but his punditry is shite. He was asked about improvements for the second game and just launched into Rory Best fandom for ages with a dopey grin on his face. Best has his plus points but how you could watch that 1st test and tour so far and make him go from 3rd hooker to 1st is insane. As the monologue continued Geech and Fitzpatrick shuffled with embarrassment and then the presenter thanked him for being Best's fan club.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Ferris was quality.
Seeing as everyone else has their pet favourite Lions it seems harsh to have a dig at him about Rory.......who is also quality.
skidger

Post by skidger »

kk67 wrote:Ferris was quality.
Seeing as everyone else has their pet favourite Lions it seems harsh to have a dig at him about Rory.......who is also quality.
Quality.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

skidger wrote:
kk67 wrote:Ferris was quality.
Quality.
right up my street
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Jamie George has played well. Gats can pick a frontrow.
Not so much a tight 5 or 8 man.