:o
Bob

Re: The Europa League is definitely not shit thread

Post by Bob »

This thread is mind
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Tough draw for Spurs but I think they're capable of winning that. I fancy them to get all the way to the final. When they're on form and clicking, they play very near total football. Of late, they have been clicking pretty well with form!

Would've liked to have seen United up against tougher opponents. No doubt Liverpool will just roll over for them again.
jared_7

Post by jared_7 »

Spurs thrashed by a top quality Dortmund side.

And at HT its Liverpool versus De Gea, again. Can't he just f*ck back off to Spain?!?!

1-0.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Hard to see a way back for Spurs after that spanking. It's not impossible but it doesn't look good.

Oh well, at least Liverpool are beating United! They could well be out of sight if it wasn't for De Gea.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Lol @ Scholes and Ferdinand disputing the penalty. Not even a foul according to them. It was certainly soft and debatable where the contact happened but refs give those. Pretty sure Paul and Rio's former teammates were awarded plenty like that..especially in the last minute at Old Trafford!
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Good win for Liverpool that. Second goal gives them the advantage but it's only half done and they should've won by more.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

WaspInWales wrote:Hard to see a way back for Spurs after that spanking. It's not impossible but it doesn't look good.
Getting top 4 this season is way more important than the europa and the team selection showed that. I don't blame poch for sending out the team he did. I'm sure he will be criticised for it though.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

twitchy wrote:
WaspInWales wrote:Hard to see a way back for Spurs after that spanking. It's not impossible but it doesn't look good.
Getting top 4 this season is way more important than the europa and the team selection showed that. I don't blame poch for sending out the team he did. I'm sure he will be criticised for it though.
No doubt the league and potential title is more important but I honestly thought Spurs would've had a great chance if they didn't rotate so much. Just kinda makes a mockery of the Europa to get that far and 'give up'. That said, it's good experience for the Spurs youngsters and as Poch said, the opponents were Champions League quality.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

WaspInWales wrote:
twitchy wrote:
No doubt the league and potential title is more important but I honestly thought Spurs would've had a great chance if they didn't rotate so much. Just kinda makes a mockery of the Europa to get that far and 'give up'. That said, it's good experience for the Spurs youngsters and as Poch said, the opponents were Champions League quality.
Pretty much any other season this wouldn't happen.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

For a brief second tonight, I thought United may get the required goals but normal service was resumed.

Cue the repeated calls for LvG's sacking/imprisoning.

According to Ian Dennis, there has been talk of Liverpool fans kicking off at Old Trafford. Seats, and, punches being thrown. There has been quite considerable provocation in the past week or so....

Would be a shame to see Liverpool booted out of Europe for this.

Shame about Spurs but can understand Poch's selection.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Very tough draw for Liverpool. Hard to see them getting any further.

Don't fancy City's chances in the CL either.