Marcus Rashford

Galfon

Marcus Rashford

Post by Galfon »

he scores goals, which is a good thing at 18 in the Premier league and in Europe.
WaspInWales

Re: Marcus Rashford

Post by WaspInWales »

He'd probably still be waiting to make his debut if Martial hadn't got injured in the warm up against Midgetland (no idea how to spell it). May well keep Rooney out of the side if he keeps scoring!

Good on the lad.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Youngest scorer ever now in the Manc derby..good goal too. Would RH take a gamble this summer I wonder..
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Galfon wrote:Youngest scorer ever now in the Manc derby..good goal too. Would RH take a gamble this summer I wonder..
If he carries on the way he is, it would be hard for Woy to ignore him for the Euros.

That said, we have quite a few decent strikers at the moment. Rooney isn't going to be dropped and Kane is surely on the plane. Then there's Sturridge, Vardy, Welbeck and even Deeney. Sturridge will no doubt be injured.

The lad has an outside chance but needs to keep scoring.
belgarion

Post by belgarion »

Galfon wrote:Youngest scorer ever now in the Manc derby..good goal too. Would RH take a gamble this summer I wonder..
Youngest scorer in Prem League history ie since 1992-93 season. Must have been someone younger before that
as all the reports on the game keep saying 'youngest Manc derby scoere in Prem League history'. As we know wendyball didn't really start
until 92-93
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

The 'kin toe-rags..that's air-brushing out over 100 years of history ..baggy shorts, bryl-cream,steel toe-caps,comb-overs the lot.
Anyhoo checked the obvious Edwards, Best and Kidd but no joy..then one of their own Ryan Giggs scored his first ever goal for the Reds in May '91, aged 17 & 5 months...in the derby. (Hendrie let him have that one ).
Sorry Marcus.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Gem of a goal against the Hammers to help put Man U to the semi's.Natural talent abound and a wild-card option for Woy this summer, as would Carroll be in a different way.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

The lad can't stop scoring!
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Tempting fate it seems..big the lad up & he goes and sends the vanillans doon...hmmmphh. :x
he has makings of something rather good, has to be said.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Galfon wrote:The 'kin toe-rags..that's air-brushing out over 100 years of history ..baggy shorts, bryl-cream,steel toe-caps,comb-overs the lot.
Anyhoo checked the obvious Edwards, Best and Kidd but no joy..then one of their own Ryan Giggs scored his first ever goal for the Reds in May '91, aged 17 & 5 months...in the derby. (Hendrie let him have that one ).
Sorry Marcus.

Stormin' Norman scored 8 days after his 17th birthday for United in the top flight, "Whiteside holds records as the youngest player to take part in a World Cup, the youngest player to score in a League Cup and FA Cup final, and the youngest player to score a senior goal for Manchester United". The youngest top flight goalscorer was Jason Dozzell for Ipswich (16yrs and 57days) in 1984.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Class act NW..saw him at OT v Arsenal when he was starting out..had everything apart from pace.Scourged by injuries and, some might say
a bit of super-scooping with the jolly-boys.
Still achieved great things in a young career.
Nobody messed with him on the pitch, that's for sure. 8-)
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Galfon wrote:. Would RH take a gamble this summer I wonder..
He would & he has..fair enough.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36300164
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I can't see him going to France unless there's an injury elsewhere. Rooney is nailed on and I don't think Woy can leave Kane behind. Vardy is worth a place. That leaves Sturridge who I would take but is prone to injury so that is Rashford's best chance.

Can see Delph and Townsend being dropped. Woy has his favourites and Wilshere and Henderson have been called straight back in the squad so can see them featuring which is a gamble.

I personally would have taken Jagielka over Stones. Stones is a great prospect but has made numerous brain farts in big matches.

It's a decent squad though. Some concerns defensively but it's England and that has been a problem for years now.
belgarion

Post by belgarion »

Wouldn't have Sturridge or Wilshere anywhere near the squad. They've played what 30? games between them all season
& in Wilshere's case have only just got back to actually starting games. Also agree with WiW about Jagielka/Stones.

As for Rashford still to early for him though he does look very promising
jared_7

Post by jared_7 »

England and Man U have looked so much better with Rooney out the side, it amazes me he is likely to walk straight back in. He'll be completely anonymous as a striker except tracking back in defence, your attack will look completely ineffectual, but then he'll score a penalty and the headlines will read "Rooney steals the show".

At the moment I think he'd be best suited to being in the middle 4 in a flat 4-4-2. Doesn't create enough as a striker and doesn't have the touch of brilliance for a 10.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Cracking goal by Sturridge.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

How are Klipperty's boys doing ?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Galfon wrote:How are Klipperty's boys doing ?
I stopped watching at half time. It looked like Liverpool would walk it after they scored. They had the ball in the back of the net within minutes of taking the lead but Sturridge was active in an offside position so it was ruled out. They went close a few more times before half time so I thought they had it in the bag.

It seems Sevilla turned up for the second half!
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

belgarion wrote:Wouldn't have Sturridge or Wilshere anywhere near the squad. They've played what 30? games between them all season
& in Wilshere's case have only just got back to actually starting games. Also agree with WiW about Jagielka/Stones.

I think Roy would take Wilshere even if he was less than 50/50 fitness. Sturridge goes for me. Massive risk considering his injuries but worth it. If he gets injured in France, then it opens the door for Rashford.

I'm beginning to come round to appreciating Lallana. Never been a huge fan but has been pretty good this season.
belgarion

Post by belgarion »

WaspInWales wrote:
belgarion wrote:Wouldn't have Sturridge or Wilshere anywhere near the squad. They've played what 30? games between them all season

I think Roy would take Wilshere even if he was less than 50/50 fitness. Sturridge goes for me. Massive risk considering his injuries but worth it. If he gets injured in France, then it opens the door for Rashford.

I'm beginning to come round to appreciating Lallana
. Never been a huge fan but has been pretty good this season.
You might want to reconsider that after his performance last night. I've changed my mind about Sturridge following
last night. Even with all the time he's had out he was a class act & took his goal brilliantly.
Roy would take Wilshere even if he'd has his legs sewn back an hour before the squad was announced
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Looked comfortable on the big stage (cup final) until injury.
Great finish by another local young'n Lingard to win it with 10 men.
Palace didn't come to play any football.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Galfon wrote:Looked comfortable on the big stage (cup final) until injury.
Great finish by another local young'n Lingard to win it with 10 men.
Palace didn't come to play any football.
Any news on the injury?

Personally, I'd take Rashford ahead of Rooney but there's no way Woy will leave the captain at home. Kane is nailed on as you would expect Vardy is too. Sturridge is more likely to go than Rashford.

The thing is Rashford will definitely feature for England for a number of years....this Euros is a little too soon especially as there's a few favourites ahead of him.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Sources are telling me it's not too serious and should be available to feature in the up-coming friendlies..if he is fit and gets a chance i'm sure he will do well.
Stuwwidge choked in Bwazil in my opinion - i'd wather Woy was bwave..
Wooney is a funny one - he offers little for much of the match but still produces moments of class that can turn games.
He lost his cool for a while today too.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Aisle or window seat Mr. Rashford?
belgarion

Post by belgarion »

Think he's on the plane now. As for who won't be but I'd leave WIlshere, Lallana & Sturridge