Free CCTV software?

AL.

Free CCTV software?

Post by AL. »

So my friends van was broken into the other night at my local. There has recently been a basic but new cctv installed all the way around the site.

We have the number plate and two figures that everybody recognises as local slag with plenty of previous and quite characteristic body shapes and clothes that are the same clothes they were wearing on recent facebook posts.....idiots.

This is of course all circumstantial as we dont have anything better than windows player to go through the footage on and it is blury at best when paused.

We need some proper (free ideally) cctv software that is easy to use to garner further evidence.

Any ideas? Local bacon arent much/any help so we are "cracking the case" ourselves.....

Ta.
rowan

Re: Free CCTV software?

Post by rowan »

Get the team together and go pay that slag a visit :twisted:
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?
Puja

Post by Puja »

AL. wrote:So my friends van was broken into the other night at my local. There has recently been a basic but new cctv installed all the way around the site.

We have the number plate and two figures that everybody recognises as local slag with plenty of previous and quite characteristic body shapes and clothes that are the same clothes they were wearing on recent facebook posts.....idiots.

This is of course all circumstantial as we dont have anything better than windows player to go through the footage on and it is blury at best when paused.

We need some proper (free ideally) cctv software that is easy to use to garner further evidence.

Any ideas? Local bacon arent much/any help so we are "cracking the case" ourselves.....

Ta.
It's not specifically for CCTV, but VLC player tends to be the best thing to handle most types of video and it's freeware. Found here: https://www.videolan.org/index.en-GB.html

Puja
Backist Monk
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

AL. wrote:So my friends van was broken into the other night at my local. There has recently been a basic but new cctv installed all the way around the site.

Ta.
The quality of the video is not dictated by the player but by the camera, get better cameras.
AL.

Post by AL. »

Thanks All, I will have a look at that software tonight while looking for a stream for the Edinburgh match.....

The cameras themselves are brand new HD ones, windows media player has a lag between pressing pause and the shot stopping, which is often blurred. I need something that can do frame by frame.

Further circumstantial evidence fyi, a guy walked in the pub with no concept of what we were even looking at and looking over my shoulder immediately said " thats that fat c*nt that lives next door to me"...more circumstance but handy....

Much appreciated.
rowan

Post by rowan »

Any time, AL. If you need any more help, don't hesitate to get back to us. 8-)
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?
AL.

Post by AL. »

Yours is currently plan B, we are looking for something a little more 21st Century and less cliched. They are building a wicker man in the car park as plan C.....
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

AL. wrote:Thanks All, I will have a look at that software tonight while looking for a stream for the Edinburgh match.....

The cameras themselves are brand new HD ones, windows media player has a lag between pressing pause and the shot stopping, which is often blurred. I need something that can do frame by frame.

Further circumstantial evidence fyi, a guy walked in the pub with no concept of what we were even looking at and looking over my shoulder immediately said " thats that fat c*nt that lives next door to me"...more circumstance but handy....

Much appreciated.
VLC can do frame by frame, e is the shortcut key for this.
Puja

Post by Puja »

AL. wrote:Thanks All, I will have a look at that software tonight while looking for a stream for the Edinburgh match.....

Much appreciated.
So, did VLC do the job? I want my happy ending to the tale!

Puja
Backist Monk
AL.

Post by AL. »

I ended up using Dell Power Media Player, the CCTV came out in colour as opposed to B&W which we had before and it does frame by frame.

Took a load of screen shots and sent them to plod.

They are in agreement with us (the contents of the pub) as to the slag what dun it, we are just shy of having enough but it is all adding up......tbc.

Immensely satisfying to be honest.
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

Looking forward to the book
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.