Have I been banned?

theboyeedj

Re: Have I been banned?

Post by theboyeedj »

You've got to be careful, any bugger can get in otherwise, even if they've not been seen on RR for about 8 years lol.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
JellyHead

Post by JellyHead »

I seem to have fallen foul to this too since last friday. On WiFi at home I'm banned but mobile or other Internet connections are fine.

I tried to contact the admins but not heard anything. I don't know if that is an unmonitored mail box.
Puja

Post by Puja »

JellyHead wrote:I seem to have fallen foul to this too since last friday. On WiFi at home I'm banned but mobile or other Internet connections are fine.

I tried to contact the admins but not heard anything. I don't know if that is an unmonitored mail box.
I'll get someone to look into it. I sometimes find restarting my router solves the problem when it happens to me.

Puja
Backist Monk
JellyHead

Post by JellyHead »

Puja wrote:
JellyHead wrote:I seem to have fallen foul to this too since last friday. On WiFi at home I'm banned but mobile or other Internet connections are fine.

I'll get someone to look into it. I sometimes find restarting my router solves the problem when it happens to me.

Puja
Cheers Puja
cashead

Post by cashead »

You’re definitely not on the ban list, so I’m guessing it’s an IP address issue. It can happen with shared addresses.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I’m remembering a day after I’d got blackout drunk, with the worst hangover anxiety I’ve had in my life, seeing that I’d been banned from here and spent the entire day (until getting back to the comfort of my home IP address) wondering what I might have said. Something so bad it didn’t even come with a warning or temporary ban, just a full on “fuck off, you’re gone forever”. It was quite an alarming sensation.

I wish I’d seen this thread before that happened.
JellyHead

Post by JellyHead »

I'm able to access the site again whilst connected on my WiFi. Thanks to everyone who did anything.
JellyHead

Post by JellyHead »

JellyHead wrote:I'm able to access the site again whilst connected on my WiFi. Thanks to everyone who did anything.
And now banned again after having to restart my router. Ho hum. I can add reading RugbyRebels to my list of reasons to go to the pub. Every cloud.
acw303

Post by acw303 »

I have the same.. on home WiFi banned but any other connection fine.
Puja

Post by Puja »

I have no power over the accidental banhammer, but my experience has been with BT that, if you turn your router off at the wall and then restart it, it allocates you a new IP that is not on the banned list.

Puja
Backist Monk
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Folks,

We have a number of IP addresses that have been placed on the banned list previously due to individuals misbehaving on the board or to geo-block areas of the world from where we were experiencing high levels of spamming. I've review them this morning and removed all IP address bans.

As Puja points out, your broadband provider may allocate you an IP address which has been previously used by a member who has been legitimately banned. This issue should be resolved now, but if you do experience any issues then please try and find out the IP address that you are using to access the board so I can check in more detail.
JellyHead

Post by JellyHead »

Thank you sorting this.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

For the life of me I cannot remember why I started thinking about this a few days ago, it was nothing to do with this issue but in 'Airplane: The movie', Walter Cronkite makes a cameo appearance in a news report section called something like 'In My Opinion', where he says; "Well, Diane they bought a ticket, I say let 'em die".
Danno

Post by Danno »

Keep getting the "board temporarily unavailable" message (70% of clicks and posts - tried to post this twice now) and it's driving me a bit mad.

Any ideas? Messages of solidarity are just as welcome.

I also get logged out 3+ times a day at the moment
Puja

Post by Puja »

Danno wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:25 pm Keep getting the "board temporarily unavailable" message (70% of clicks and posts - tried to post this twice now) and it's driving me a bit mad.

I keep seeing the message at the top of forums, but it makes no difference to me when I try to post. No clue what it's about.

Puja
Backist Monk
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Danno wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:25 pm Keep getting the "board temporarily unavailable" message (70% of clicks and posts - tried to post this twice now) and it's driving me a bit mad.

ditto
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Same - apart from being logged out.
3-4 refreshes later, and it usually reappears; sometimes for hours, sometimes for seconds.
Puja

Post by Puja »

capture.png
See, this is what I get every now and again, but it doesn't affect me being logged in or stop me posting in the slightest. Weird.

Puja
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Backist Monk
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:16 pm capture.png

See, this is what I get every now and again, but it doesn't affect me being logged in or stop me posting in the slightest. Weird.

Puja
That's different to what I (and I suspect WT) sees. 1st world problem.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

About 10 minutes of this.
_20230205_151840.png
firstphase

Post by firstphase »

FWIW - and I know that I'm a long-time lurker and never post anything so I'm probably not high on your list of priorities - but I get the "board unavailable" message very frequently too. Seems to have started happening a lot in the last two or three months. I also get logged out all the time - my browser never seems to save my login. Tried different browsers, cleared cookies, looked at browser settings etc and no dice - repeatedly logged out. That said, Tapatalk (which I use to view the board on my mobile) keeps me permanently logged in. But I get the "board unavailable" message as often using Tapatalk too.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

'Temp. unavail..'
a regular irritant, as above, for several months.
seems at it's worse on busy threads such as live match postings
( which means by the time a submission sticks, you can already be a few grub-kicks behind :( ..). The more obscure threads visitated off-peak generally ok.
Possibly need a bigger gate, or pay the gatekeeper a living wage.
firstphase

Post by firstphase »

I now can't login via the Tapatalk app on my iPhone at all, although I can login via the Safari browser on my iPhone. I like mobile access purely so I can read the in-game comments from forum regulars when England matches are on and I'm down the pub.

Can log in on desktop fine, although if I go away for an hour or so, I always have to log back in.