COVID19

Which Tyler

Re: COVID19

Post by Which Tyler »

Still hoping he gets kicked out so he can always be the player who lost a tournament having only missed 2 shots.
padprop

Post by padprop »

NHS doctor tells Health Secretary he won't get jabbed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59929638

Alot to unpack here.

The doctor has gone onto say that he is pro-vaccine and pro-choice and is simply against mandates. It's one thing to hold these opinions in private, but is tremendously short-sighted to not think that what you say in front on a camera with the health secretary will become Anti-Vaxx fuel. Just look at the Youtube comments for proof.
Puja

Post by Puja »

padprop wrote:NHS doctor tells Health Secretary he won't get jabbed

Alot to unpack here.

The doctor has gone onto say that he is pro-vaccine and pro-choice and is simply against mandates. It's one thing to hold these opinions in private, but is tremendously short-sighted to not think that what you say in front on a camera with the health secretary will become Anti-Vaxx fuel. Just look at the Youtube comments for proof.
I just don't get the single-hair-width division that these people draw. Surely if you're pro-vaccine, then you get the vaccine. Sure fine, be in favour of personal freedom, against forcing people, etc, etc, whatever, but if you think the vaccine's good, then you should a) be getting it yourself and b) be encouraging everyone else to get it however you can. If you're not doing both those things, then by definition, you're not pro-vaccine and thus are a fucking idiot who thinks they're cleverer than pretty much the entire medical field.

Puja
Backist Monk
Stom

Post by Stom »

Puja wrote:

Alot to unpack here.

I just don't get the single-hair-width division that these people draw. Surely if you're pro-vaccine, then you get the vaccine. Sure fine, be in favour of personal freedom, against forcing people, etc, etc, whatever, but if you think the vaccine's good, then you should a) be getting it yourself and b) be encouraging everyone else to get it however you can. If you're not doing both those things, then by definition, you're not pro-vaccine and thus are a fucking idiot who thinks they're cleverer than pretty much the entire medical field.

Puja
I’m pro vaccine but anti boosters in general. Especially considering the huge discrepancy in vaccination rates the world over. I believe that we should be pushing for healthier living before vaccine mandates. Partly in the form of taxes against junk food producers, removing vat from all “healthy options”, and pushing vitamin d supplementation as an actual thing.

I’m not publicly criticizing the vaccine, I believe it works as they say it does, and I’ve got the booster. Partly because I wanted to go to the office and travel abroad later this year where there may be vaccine mandates.

So… I can see how you can be pro vaccine but not get the booster. I don’t see how you can work in front like healthcare without it, though… and I don’t get why you could think it’s a good idea to criticize it in this way. It’s dangerous. You guys are mainly smart people, this is not a public forum, so I’m more comfortable sharing more intricate views. But I would never think of sharing them in a public forum because of how many stupid people there are.

TL;DR: I would probably not have had the booster if I felt I had a choice. Not because I don’t see it as safe but because I don’t see it as being the best idea when taking a global view.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Alot to unpack here.

He comes across as very arrogant... I mean you have to be pretty arrogant to speak down to the Health Secretary like that.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Stom wrote:
Puja wrote:

Alot to unpack here.

Puja
I’m pro vaccine but anti boosters in general. Especially considering the huge discrepancy in vaccination rates the world over. I believe that we should be pushing for healthier living before vaccine mandates. Partly in the form of taxes against junk food producers, removing vat from all “healthy options”, and pushing vitamin d supplementation as an actual thing.

I’m not publicly criticizing the vaccine, I believe it works as they say it does, and I’ve got the booster. Partly because I wanted to go to the office and travel abroad later this year where there may be vaccine mandates.

So… I can see how you can be pro vaccine but not get the booster. I don’t see how you can work in front like healthcare without it, though… and I don’t get why you could think it’s a good idea to criticize it in this way. It’s dangerous. You guys are mainly smart people, this is not a public forum, so I’m more comfortable sharing more intricate views. But I would never think of sharing them in a public forum because of how many stupid people there are.

TL;DR: I would probably not have had the booster if I felt I had a choice. Not because I don’t see it as safe but because I don’t see it as being the best idea when taking a global view.
I'm very happy that this is in the planning here in NL under the latest coalition agreement - it is indeed a very sensible policy. However, I don't see what that has to do with boosters, certainly the two are not mutually exclusive.

Anti-vaxxers need education about what mRNA does, although I'm guessing they're incapabale of comprehending.

I understand your arguments about more jabs for other countries, but they'll probably have got natural immunity by now. Omikron changes the logic somewhat, because it is a bit of a reset button on the current vaccination progress.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

I completely understand being pro-vaccine and anti-booster, taking a global perspective.
It's way more important to get 1st doses into as much of the world as possible, than 3rd or 4th doses into the privileged few in the West.

It's why I wasn't in a rush to get my booster the moment I became eligible.

But it's not a zero-sum game; those booster doses have already been hogged by our countries, and if we don't use them, they go in the bin; not to ANOther country struggling to reach 10% vaccination.

Which is why I accepted my booster when I was actually invited (as opposed to "you're invited if you've heard this message and can arrange for it yourself").

What I don't understand, but am seeing, is people who are anti-booster because they were told 2 doses (or 2 doses + infection) was about as good a protection as could be mustered. People who mis-understood what they were told at the time, and can't seem to get their heads around the facts on the ground changing, and the advice changing with it.
There are still plenty who think that "immunity" is either complete, or non-existent; as if it's a globe of invulnerability spell, rather than a vaccine designed to prime the immune system.
What I understand even less are those who say "but I've got an immune system, and it's served my species well for 200,000 years" (or 4,300 years for those of a certain bent) as if they're never heard of disease before.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Which Tyler wrote: What I understand even less are those who say "but I've got an immune system, and it's served my species well for 200,000 years" (or 4,300 years for those of a certain bent) as if they're never heard of disease before.
It probably feels like ancient history or 'foreign stuff' to some trapped in the new-world comfort bubble..polio,tb -last century, cholera/dysentry..plague before that - it's wasn't the immune system that put a lid on these.

This may be a shock to those opting 'nay'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59963700
£300/week may sway some's decisions - you can see the business perspective, but the cry of 'discrimination' will rebound.
Thin end of the edge for sure.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Zhivago wrote:Australian gov looking a bit tyrannical if they contrive another reason to invalidate Djokovic's visa.
Hard disagree. Fuck Djokovic, the fucking anti-vaxx dipshit COVIDiot cunt. He can get fucked and stay fucked. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

If ONLY there were something No-Vaxx Dickfuck could have done to begin with, instead of deciding "no vaccinations, even in the middle of a literal once in a 100 fucking years cunting goddamned fucking global pan-fucking-demic" is the hill to die on.

He's free to refuse to get vaccinated like the rest of the no-vaxx shoe-size IQ crowd, while the rest of us who chose to get the jabs, are also free to tell him to fuck right off the nearest cliff.

These are the consequences of his actions, and no amount of indignation is going to change that. He can whine and stamp his feet throwing a tanty because he didn't get his way all he wants, like the fucking boy that he is, it's high fucking time he faces them for change.

I'm sorry you find it's really unreasonable and, uh, "tyrannical," apparently, that us plebs down here in Australasia have the temerity and the nerve to want to protect ourselves instead of platforming a COVID-denying shitfuck in a way that would enable anti-vaxx dipshits during a global pandemic, and risk potentially exposing ourselves to COVID more than we already have, during a global pandemic, just so that some already rich cunt can line his pockets a little more playing some bullshit sackass sport, during a global pandemic... but considering the alternative, I think I can live with it.
Last edited by cashead on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
cashead

Post by cashead »

But then again, I have very little sympathy for a cunt that cheerleads for and hangs out with literal genocidal war criminals.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Stom

Post by Stom »

On Djokovic, there’s no denying Australia handled that abysmally. But he should never have been allowed in in the first place. And as soon as it became apparent he lied about his tests, he should have been deported and banned from the country.

I mean, the guy is a grade a cwnt.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

cashead wrote:
Zhivago wrote:Australian gov looking a bit tyrannical if they contrive another reason to invalidate Djokovic's visa.
Hard disagree. Fuck Djokovic, the fucking anti-vaxx dipshit COVIDiot cunt. He can get fucked and stay fucked. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

If ONLY there were something No-Vaxx Dickfuck could have done to begin with, instead of deciding "no vaccinations, even in the middle of a literal once in a 100 fucking years cunting goddamned fucking global pan-fucking-demic" is the hill to die on.

He's free to refuse to get vaccinated like the rest of the no-vaxx shoe-size IQ crowd, while the rest of us who chose to get the jabs, are also free to tell him to fuck right off the nearest cliff.

These are the consequences of his actions, and no amount of indignation is going to change that. He can whine and stamp his feet throwing a tanty because he didn't get his way all he wants, like the fucking boy that he is, it's high fucking time he faces them for change.

I'm sorry you find it's really unreasonable and, uh, "tyrannical," apparently, that us plebs down here in Australasia have the temerity and the nerve to want to protect ourselves instead of platforming a COVID-denying shitfuck in a way that would enable anti-vaxx dipshits during a global pandemic, and risk potentially exposing ourselves to COVID more than we already have, during a global pandemic, just so that some already rich cunt can line his pockets a little more playing some bullshit sackass sport, during a global pandemic... but considering the alternative, I think I can live with it.
It should be noted that I made that statement before it came out that he had lied on his travel declaration.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

cashead

Post by cashead »

Zhivago wrote:
cashead wrote:

Yeah fair enough, but seriously, the last thing that cunt needs is any sympathy,
It should be noted that I made that statement before it came out that he had lied on his travel declaration.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
cashead

Post by cashead »

Zhivago wrote:
cashead wrote:

Yeah fair enough, but seriously, the last thing that cunt needs is any sympathy,
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

https://www.euronews.com/2022/01/19/cze ... ealth-pass
A well-known Czech folk singer has died after deliberately contracting COVID-19 in order to obtain a health pass without getting vaccinated.

Hana Horka -- from the band Asonance -- passed away on Sunday at the age of 57, her family confirmed.

Her son Jan Rek told Czech media that his mother had refused to get the COVID vaccine and had exposed herself to infection to obtain a health pass.

Czech citizens need to be fully vaccinated or have recently recovered from the virus to enter bars, restaurants, and most cultural venues.

ARTICLE CONTINUES​
The Darwin Awards are going to have a LOT of candidates
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Which Tyler wrote:https://www.euronews.com/2022/01/19/cze ... ealth-pass
A well-known Czech folk singer has died after deliberately contracting COVID-19 in order to obtain a health pass without getting vaccinated.

Hana Horka -- from the band Asonance -- passed away on Sunday at the age of 57, her family confirmed.

Her son Jan Rek told Czech media that his mother had refused to get the COVID vaccine and had exposed herself to infection to obtain a health pass.

Czech citizens need to be fully vaccinated or have recently recovered from the virus to enter bars, restaurants, and most cultural venues.

ARTICLE CONTINUES​
The Darwin Awards are going to have a LOT of candidates
Another one killed by the 'it's just like a bad flu, right?' meme.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Which Tyler wrote:This could be huge!
https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/wo ... 022-02-03/
They've got shitload of ground to make. Let's hope there aren't any significant variants on the way.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Thought HK was part of China now..?

"Researchers at the University of Hong Kong estimate that a third of the population could be in isolation by mid-March and the territory’s “fifth wave” outbreak could peak at more than 180,000 cases per day." (ft)

Yet the 'Worldo-' Covid data still has China reporting 1-200 cases/day, no deaths. (somewhere between Martinique & NZ)..(*)
The ZeroCovid policy has been torpedoed there by low vaccination rates and Omicron - maybe a portent of troubles ahead elsewhere in China,if it spreads.

[(*) so if the China numbers are continually missing, the 'Global' figures will be c@ck&bull too, surely. :| ? ]
cashead

Post by cashead »

Galfon wrote:Thought HK was part of China now..?
Kind of, sort of but not really but kind of.

It's a "special administrative region" or whatever the hell it was that they were calling it, and officially, Hong Kong is meant to be its own thing until, IIRC, 2047 as per the terms of the handover to China back in '97 - not that China appears to give a shit.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

cashead wrote:
Galfon wrote:Thought HK was part of China now..?
Kind of, sort of but not really but kind of.
... - not that China appears to give a shit.
that explains it - fair play 'Worldo-', HK gets it's own place on the list, actually some places above big daddy... :)
cashead

Post by cashead »

The COVID curve in NZ has pretty much gone vertical, with 14000+ yesterday.

Most are staying out of hospitals and isolating at home, with the vaccination rate having to do a lot of heavy lifting at the moment. There has been a precipitous decline at my school though - it's a high decile, posh girls' Catholic school with a high attendance usually. Right now, my Media Studies class is down to half the roll.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
morepork

Post by morepork »

I took a girlfriend that went to St. Cuthberts to a Marist rugby league social once. She got to see what happens to men when they drink 8 jugs of Lion red and was terrified of the mums telling her she needs to eat more taro. She couldn’t compute the fact Samoan was basically an official clubhouse language. I never saw her again after that but the club mums ( who let’s face it, run the show) said I need a good island girl. Fucking good formative times.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

kk67

Post by kk67 »

morepork wrote:I took a girlfriend that went to St. Cuthberts to a Marist rugby league social once. She got to see what happens to men when they drink 8 jugs of Lion red and was terrified of the mums telling her she needs to eat more taro. She couldn’t compute the fact Samoan was basically an official clubhouse language. I never saw her again after that but the club mums ( who let’s face it, run the show) said I need a good island girl. Fucking good formative times.
What ?
Expand the story.

Actually, don't.