COVID Coping Strategies

morepork

Re: COVID Coping Strategies

Post by morepork »

There you go. Practical condiment advice.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Back in now after few weeks off, as a designated key w**ker.Can't w**k at home unfortunately, although this crisis will push new ways of w**king along alot quicker.. a mini-webolution may well (and should) arise from these ashes, through necessity.The clean air agenda will
help fuel this too ( npi ).
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

We are "working from the cottage" as of today. Installed the ramp to the dock, home made burgers for lunch, pruned the apple trees, went for a spin on the motorbike and got some solid frisbee time with the kids. Still actually did some work work, but the ratio is on the slide. If i make it out the other side of this with my job intact it will be a miracle.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Dory you fucker. I don’t want to hear about your toys. But...get amongst it.
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Sorry, that came across a lot more look at lucky me than intended. I appreciate a lot of people are doing it very tough right now, and I'm lucky to have a job at all. Was more meant as a commentary on my struggles to actually focus on work, especially now I'm at the cottage. The temptation to crack a cold one at 11 am is particularly strong (6 mins and counting).
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

I’m so desperate for ‘live’ sport that I’ve finally steeled myself to rewatch the RWC final. I have self-medicated with a second bottle of red, though.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

5 mins in and it’s seems I haven’t self-medicated heavily enough.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Mellsblue wrote:5 mins in and it’s seems I haven’t self-medicated heavily enough.
Nowhere near enough medication or steel. I’ve turned it off. That first 10 mins is a masterpiece in how not to play the first 10 mins of a World Cup final.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

erse-ripping May Queen shows some l/down strategies carry risks.. :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52594627
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Which Tyler wrote:
There’s some sort of awful gag about how many utter Benders we seem to have out there in the world, but it sounds homophobic without even meaning too.

Anyone else pretty much just swaying wildly between denial/indifference and feeling sick to their stomach about what this thing is doing to the world?
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:
There’s some sort of awful gag about how many utter Benders we seem to have out there in the world, but it sounds homophobic without even meaning too.

Anyone else pretty much just swaying wildly between denial/indifference and feeling sick to their stomach about what this thing is doing to the world?
yes, very very much.

i feel like i really need to up my lockdown game, as it's starting to weigh very heavily on me.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

NZ Super Rugby domestic comp to start on June 13th. Might be time to get the Sky Sports subscription back up and running.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Yep. I'll be toasting the move to Level 2 at 11.59pm tonight. Off to the bach on Friday night and a proper family catch up over the weekend. Fortunately I have all the bragging rights from the Family Zoom Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit evenings.

I really hope we can get amateur rugby up and running soon. It's about time my 7 year old boy obtained his birthright as a Pākehā in Auckland by getting mown down every Saturday morning by someone called Sione.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Sione looks like a good prospect..
Whisky, listerine and cabbage well stocked.. Exploring 'wfh' possibilities now, just waiting on bits to arrive. 'Go with the Bo :)'
Last edited by Galfon on Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Miss travelling around on the chuffas but not characters of this ilk...The country needs Bob at times like this :)
(The 'Colin's bracelet' one is v.funny)

J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Today WFH was done wearing a pair of board shorts, hat and sunnies. I could get used to this.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Barefoot bro? My first summer in Philly I would cruise the hood barefoot and I got pointed at and kicked out of shops. Barefoot = homeless apparently, and we can’t have that now can we. I am aching for a jug in the “garden “ at the back of a pub so clad.
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Yep, I was at the cottage so didn't offend the sensibilities of too many locals, you're not allowed in shops without shoes and a shirt in Ontario the good. Hot as hell up here at the moment.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Maybe shoes, a collared shirt, and no pants for variety? A smart commando look if you like.

The oppressive heat is bad down here too. Every 10 days or so there is a good thrashing by storms that do prompt me to reach for mine chainsaw to clear the devastated foliage thrust earthward thereof. We have a lot of wood for winter, but the culture war compounding the public health crisis tempers satisfaction of my sweaty Labour. So I drink.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

First mucky-D brekmuff this morn - really disnae seem like 3 months since the last one, so another strand of normality threaded in. Can't get me 'ed round the Q'ing round the block for the later meals that has been manifest recently, tbh.
Few months of WFH on a slow-drip beginning to wear somewhat, but that strange but uplifting orange blob-in the-sky expected back soon after a cool damp interlewd,
will bring cheer.
Villa look doomed :( , so there's the sh!t sandwich for ye,
(and therefore maybe on theme..)
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

One thing I haven't missed is food court crap for breakfast. Having the additional time to make myself something at home has been a double bonus, I've lost weight and saved a shed load of cash (not to mention a poached egg on a muffin at home is 10 times more delicious than MDs version). I'm promising myself I'll never go back to eating that crap, I guess I'll see when I have to get kids on the bus and myself into the office by 8.30 again.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

The circumstancial quickie for MD's is allowable, and finds a place ;) - you're right about regular poached eggs, more so when the local butchers were able to provide when 2 nearer s/m's were struggling; free-range farm eggs & own sausages, black puddings, burgers, plus
steaks/chops on a different level..
Ain't no going back.Every cloud..
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

..might mean more clouds on their way.
To get through a Covid winter, we may need a special arrangement to get butchers in from Europe.. :shock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54341298
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

This second lockdown is proving much tougher