NFL Draft

Banquo

Re: NFL Draft

Post by Banquo »

Tee Higgens must be feeling pretty unlucky this morning. Kupp is pretty awesome though! Looks like the Rams defence was really the MVP.
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

No complaints from me. Bengals played well for three quarters and had the Rams offense well shackled. Ultimately though, that Rams defensive line was going to take over. If we can bolster the offensive line before next season I think we'll take some stopping.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Buggaluggs wrote:No complaints from me. Bengals played well for three quarters and had the Rams offense well shackled. Ultimately though, that Rams defensive line was going to take over. If we can bolster the offensive line before next season I think we'll take some stopping.
was just meaning if you bag two touchdowns and have 100 yards receiving in a Superbowl, you be miffed not to get MVP let alone no sB ring
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:
The enemy of Bienemy is my friend...?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
The enemy of Bienemy is ma homes.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
The enemy of Bienemy is ma homes.
:lol:
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

:shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Quarterback dominoes are falling. Rodgers signs on for $50m a year with $150m guaranteed. Presumably that means that Love will be traded before his rookie contract starts to get expensive and that savings will be made elsewhere. Id love it if Alexander was on his was to fix the 49ers CB problems.

And then today Wilson is traded to Denver for 2 X 1sts, 2 X 2nds, a 5th, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant. Which means that the AFC West now has Wilson, Carr, Herbert and Mahomes as it's QBs, while Seattle is surely entering a rebuild. I think that getting Fabt as part of the deal was good business though.
Big D

Post by Big D »

switchskier wrote:Quarterback dominoes are falling. Rodgers signs on for $50m a year with $150m guaranteed. Presumably that means that Love will be traded before his rookie contract starts to get expensive and that savings will be made elsewhere. Id love it if Alexander was on his was to fix the 49ers CB problems.

And then today Wilson is traded to Denver for 2 X 1sts, 2 X 2nds, a 5th, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant. Which means that the AFC West now has Wilson, Carr, Herbert and Mahomes as it's QBs, while Seattle is surely entering a rebuild. I think that getting Fabt as part of the deal was good business though.
Daft from the Broncos. They aren't just a QB away from a run at the SB and given up a lotnof future draft capital.

Makes the Stafford deal a bargain.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Big D wrote:
Daft from the Broncos. They aren't just a QB away from a run at the SB and given up a lotnof future draft capital.

Didn’t take long for someone to make an even dafter trade.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Mellsblue wrote:
Big D wrote:

No guaranteed salary beyond 2022 though. There's still a small chance that Wentz can recapture some of that early magic and if not, Washington will be bad and next year's QB class is much better. Weird move for Riviera though who must be on the hot seat.

C'mon Jimmy G to the colts. I'd be happy with a second and future third, especially if it's the Washington one.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

switchskier wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Big D wrote:

No guaranteed salary beyond 2022 though. There's still a small chance that Wentz can recapture some of that early magic and if not, Washington will be bad and next year's QB class is much better. Weird move for Riviera though who must be on the hot seat.

C'mon Jimmy G to the colts. I'd be happy with a second and future third, especially if it's the Washington one.
It’s a bloody long shot. Like making Leonard Williams one of the best paid IDL in the league after one season of double digit sacks in the hope it was a sign of things to come rather than an anomaly!! Could’ve just stuck with Heineke and kept the money and the draft picks. That said, they’ll be battling Seattle, who are now stacked with draft picks, and probably the Giants, who, if they’ve any sense, will have traded back from 5 or 7 to get an extra first in case Jones doesn’t make the jump. No doubt there will be other franchises I can’t think off of the top of my head who’ll be better positioned, too.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Mellsblue wrote:
Big D wrote:

They aren't giving up a lot though to be fair. 3-4 spots in around a 3rd and maybe a 2 or a 3. The Commanders, if they bring in another receiver are probably a more rounded offence than the Colts and it is probably worth a gamble when they wouldn't want to go back to a Cousins or take a gamble on a Winston or Trubisky.

The thing I hate about the Broncos deal is they are pretty much committed to paying Wilson 40m+ in his new deal and lost draft capital which allows them to bring in quality, and importantly cheap players. He'll be 36 and I don't see him being a Rodgers or Brady who play well at an old age. He is also the 3rd best QB in that division.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Watson acquitted of all charges. Please let him end up at the Giants….. not that we can even remotely afford him.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Mellsblue wrote:Watson acquitted of all charges. Please let him end up at the Giants….. not that we can even remotely afford him.
Steelers apparently in the mix for Watson. Trubisky following Dabo to the Giants is being heavily speculated. How would you feel about that as I don't get it - he's never been good.

Chargers react to playing in the best QB division by brining in Mack. If they add something to the centre of their d-line, a good tight-end and keep everyone fit and I feel they could be a superbowl dark horse.

Disagree on Wilson though. Think that he'll play to 40 easily and his skillset matches up well with Jeudy and Patrick. The big thing for Denver will be how the defence copes with the loss of Fangio.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

switchskier wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Watson acquitted of all charges. Please let him end up at the Giants….. not that we can even remotely afford him.
Steelers apparently in the mix for Watson. Trubisky following Dabo to the Giants is being heavily speculated. How would you feel about that as I don't get it - he's never been good.

Chargers react to playing in the best QB division by brining in Mack. If they add something to the centre of their d-line, a good tight-end and keep everyone fit and I feel they could be a superbowl dark horse.

Disagree on Wilson though. Think that he'll play to 40 easily and his skillset matches up well with Jeudy and Patrick. The big thing for Denver will be how the defence copes with the loss of Fangio.
We need a good back up as Jones has yet to go through a season without getting injured. There cannot be the same as last season with the Glennon debacle. Will depend on $$$, I suppose.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Browns are supposedly after Watson.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Brady has unretired! Must admit I was surprised when he did quit. Hope Gronk hangs in there too.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Banquo wrote:Brady has unretired! Must admit I was surprised when he did quit. Hope Gronk hangs in there too.
I think the fact that they almost have an uncontested run to the playoffs due to hopeless division rivals all in transition helps the decision to return.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Mellsblue wrote:Browns are supposedly after Watson.
I still think Seattle, or NYG makes too much sense. Seattle have some young weapons already in Fant and Metcalf and NYG has the lure of New York and HC who loves to throw it around and it is a chance to help build them up fast. Schoen will spend a season fixing the cap position then it'll be fun and games.

If Texans trade a top 5-7 QB in conference then they are idiots unless they get a haul like we haven't seen recently.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Big D wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Browns are supposedly after Watson.
I still think Seattle, or NYG makes too much sense. Seattle have some young weapons already in Fant and Metcalf and NYG has the lure of New York and HC who loves to throw it around and it is a chance to help build them up fast. Schoen will spend a season fixing the cap position then it'll be fun and games.

If Texans trade a top 5-7 QB in conference then they are idiots unless they get a haul like we haven't seen recently.
I thought it was going to be Pittsburgh who went for Watson, but they've rolled the dice on Trubiski instead. At least he fits the offense, bit that Pittsburgh defence is ready to win now and I'm surprised that they weren't more aggressive. Agree that either of the NY team's makes sense for Watson now (Jets would surely still get something in return for their young QB and have plenty of draft capital).

Jaguars splurging the cap dollars again in their annual exercise in futility. Kirk is not a $20m a year receiver - he must have the super long arms that Balke is obsessed with - and Scherff is a big injury risk at a less than premium position. I expect it all to go wrong again.

Now will someone just hurry up and trade for Jimmy. Apparently someone's offered a second round pick, which I'd be jumping at if I was lynch.
Last edited by switchskier on Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Big D wrote:
Banquo wrote:Brady has unretired! Must admit I was surprised when he did quit. Hope Gronk hangs in there too.
I think the fact that they almost have an uncontested run to the playoffs due to hopeless division rivals all in transition helps the decision to return.
His stats this season were ridiculous. He can obviously still compete. But the Bugs are expected to lose some players now, and their schedule will be tough - AFC North, NFC West plus Green Bay and Dallas. They'll have to win most of their divisional games (which they should do).
Big D

Post by Big D »

switchskier wrote:
Big D wrote:
His stats this season were ridiculous. He can obviously still compete. But the Bugs are expected to lose some players now, and their schedule will be tough - AFC North, NFC West plus Green Bay and Dallas. They'll have to win most of their divisional games (which they should do).
They really should be 6-0 or 5-1 in division which means 4-7/5-6 from the rest would probably do it.