Six nations review

tigran

Six nations review

Post by tigran »

Well,

Dulin is your typical french romantic, that's the french for you, wich is something that will never change... I hope..
But let's not forget the other french side : the beast, the intelligent beast used to say Jacques Fouroux, if this french squad manages to connect the romantic, the flair, with the beast, like some have managed in the past : Fouroux, Berbizier... This french team has a real potential to become a great one.

They are young, have played together only for one year, two 6 nations, and have both time finished second, not far from winning the thing, and if all goes well they can only improve..

I agree with Jones, I feel that England are in a transition period, with their players they can only improve, provided they bring some new ones, and the staff does the work adequately

I've been really impressed with Scotland, with their ability to hold the ball and with Watson

Wales have not surprised me, it's been years now they have been solid and resilient, but I can't help but feel next year and the year after they'll all be one and two years older, wich is not allways the best thing when one more year is one year too much.

Ireland I don't know, they seem always solid too but lack that spark of adventure maybe ?

So Italy... they are young too, I would not bury them yet, even though I'd like Georgia being given a chance.

So, any thougts ?
morepork

Re: Six nations review

Post by morepork »

Italy are so frustrating. They have some genuine talent but are just so lazy with their systems, especially on defence.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

There is some talent in the Italian side. I can see them suddenly making a step up. I'd say that they need to play together more but lots of them do play for poor pro 14 sides - it's not as if they're playing a lower standard of opposition there or anything. I'm hoping it all just needs game time
Digby

Post by Digby »

morepork wrote:Italy are so frustrating. They have some genuine talent but are just so lazy with their systems, especially on defence.
Name names? And why are they hiding their genuine talents away from the public eye?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Who pressed your button you fucking goblin?
Donny osmond

Re: RE: Re: Six nations review

Post by Donny osmond »

morepork wrote:Italy are so frustrating. They have some genuine talent but are just so lazy with their systems, especially on defence.
They had moments of putting together some really good phases and flashes of skill and support.... but it's like 30seconds of good rugby followed by 10 minutes of shit.

Not unlike Scotland 10 years ago.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
tigran

Post by tigran »

I've really liked the italians number 6, 9, 10, and the wingers...

sorry to tired to find out all the correct spellings...
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

tigran wrote:I've really liked the italians number 6, 9, 10, and the wingers...

sorry to tired to find out all the correct spellings...
I liked Trulla as well at 15, though I'm told he was a winger in age groups and probably goes back there when Minozzi makes himself available again.

They really need some upgrades in the forwards, particularly in the front row and on the flanks. I don't remember who played 6 (Meyer) but I don't remember then generating turnover ball or seeing flankers in support of the breaks that they did make. Lots of the nice things that they did petered out and they scored visually pleasing tries rather than ones borne out of pressure it felt. Their backs suggest that they could be a really fun counter-attacking team if they attacked the breakdown more and, let's face it, their first line of defence can't get much worse.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Their tight 5 was poor and meyer at 7 played on the wing mostly which you can't do, have some great potential in the backs alright
Digby

Post by Digby »

who? their leading light was arguably Ioane and I don't think any other 6N side would be that fussed about him. They've got some kids, they might come good, but they look bad because they're bad at this level, not because they've got good players who aren't quite getting things right