1872 Cup Champions

Moderator: OptimisticJock

switchskier

Re: 1872 Cup Champions

Post by switchskier »

Probably for the best that he doesn't become Edinburgh attack coach and it's a fresh start for all involved. Hard to say no to living in Kove too for a few years. It's a shame though as I still think he's likely a talented coach.

It is faintly ridiculous that Edinburgh still don't have a head coach for next year. Diamond has a sinking feeling of inevitability the longer this goes on.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

I saw something, can't remember where, suggesting Crowley would be a good fit once he is done with Italy. Don't know if that is realistic at all.
Big D

Post by Big D »

Goosen and Kiss are the last two names I have seen mentioned.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

I somehow missed that we have a new head coach, though a one year deal doesn't exactly speak of confidence in the arrangement. Anyone know anything about Sean Everett?

Seems that Lawrie is forwards coach, Micheal Todd is defence coach and Rob Chrystie gets a promotion to skills coach.

Less excitement there could not be. I only notice when having a look at what games were on when I am back in a couple of months. But at least Diamond appears to have officially left.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

switchskier wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:23 pm I somehow missed that we have a new head coach, though a one year deal doesn't exactly speak of confidence in the arrangement. Anyone know anything about Sean Everett?

Seems that Lawrie is forwards coach, Micheal Todd is defence coach and Rob Chrystie gets a promotion to skills coach.

Less excitement there could not be. I only notice when having a look at what games were on when I am back in a couple of months. But at least Diamond appears to have officially left.
you don't have a head coach. You have a senior coach. So I assume still looking for a head coach

well shot of Diamond as you say
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

septic 9 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:06 pm
switchskier wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:23 pm I somehow missed that we have a new head coach, though a one year deal doesn't exactly speak of confidence in the arrangement. Anyone know anything about Sean Everett?

you don't have a head coach. You have a senior coach. So I assume still looking for a head coach

Wtf is a senior coach? I thought maybe we were looking for a director of rugby to come in above but that Everitt would head up the coaching team.
Got some sleep

Post by Got some sleep »

So basically we've got some guy that we think will be good but not good enough that we want to keep him once some serious contenders become available post world-Cup. Stinks of Michael Bradley to me.
septic 9

Post by septic 9 »

switchskier wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:52 pm
septic 9 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:06 pm

Wtf is a senior coach? I thought maybe we were looking for a director of rugby to come in above but that Everitt would head up the coaching team.
you'd need to ask Edin Rugby!
There were explanations about the head coach role when Blair was stepping down - stuff that involved contracts etc etc but not actual coaching. Senior Coach isn't a term I've seen used much anywhere, but he will lead the coaching (for now anyway) but I'm at a loss to explain who by or how the stuff Blair didn't like will get done.

A pessimistic view would be that they can't find anyone, or that they haven't a clue what they are doing. Or have the senior coach "on trial"
An optimistic view is they hope to appoint a DoR, and that they worked out that Diamond is an expensive, useless dinosaur and cut their losses.
A really optimistic view is that they have someone lined up for post RWC