A sélection of neophytes fier Australie

tigran

A sélection of neophytes fier Australie

Post by tigran »

It will be à third string sélection for Australie

Le groupe des 42
Piliers gauches : Jean-Baptiste Gros (Toulon, 9 sélections), Enzo Forletta (Montpellier, 0), Quentin Walcker (Perpignan, 0).
Talonneurs : Gaëtan Barlot (Castres, 0), Etienne Fourcade (Clermont, 0), Anthony Etrillard (Toulon, 0).
Piliers droits : Demba Bamba (Lyon, 14), Wilfrid Hounkpatin (Castres, 0), Sipili Falatea (Clermont, 0).
Deuxième-ligne : Killian Geraci (Lyon, 2), Romain Taofifenua (Toulon, 25), Baptiste Pesenti (Pau, 2), Florent Vanverberghe (Castres, 0), Pierre-Henry Azagoh (Stade Français, 0), Cyril Cazeaux (Bordeaux-Bègles, 2).
Troisième-ligne : Dylan Cretin (Lyon, 10), Ibrahim Diallo (Racing, 0), Alexandre Bécognée (Montpellier, 0), Alexandre Fischer (Clermont, 0), Anthony Jelonch (Castres, 8, cap.), Sekou Macalou (Stade Français, 3), Cameron Woki (Bordeaux-Bègles, 5), Patrick Sobela (Lyon, 0).
Demis de mêlée : Baptiste Couilloud (Lyon, 5), Clovis Le Bail (Pau, 0), Teddy Iribaren (Racing, 0).
Demis d'ouverture : Louis Carbonel (Toulon, 3), Antoine Hastoy (Pau, 0), Joris Segonds (Stade Français, 0).
Centres : Jonathan Danty (Stade Français, 6), Tani Vili (Clermont, 0), Arthur Vincent (Montpellier, 11), Julien Hériteau (Toulon, 0), Pierre-Louis Barassi (Lyon, 2).
Ailiers : Gabin Villière (Toulon, 4), Alivereti Raka (Clermont, 5), Damian Penaud (Clermont, 22), Teddy Thomas (Racing, 27).
Arrières : Romain Buros (Bordeaux-Bègles, 0), Anthony Bouthier (Montpellier, 6), Gervais Cordin (Toulon, 0), Melvyn Jaminet (Perpignan, 0).
tigran

Re: A sélection of neophytes fier Australie

Post by tigran »

No thoughts ?

how are doing the aussies ? Will they destroy us ?
Puja

Post by Puja »

I mean, given the ridiculous talent production line your lot have going at the moment and how close your B team pushed England in the Autumn, the Aussies need to be very, very worried.

I'm sorry to say though that I will be cheering for the Australians for once. They *need* something positive to stop their downward slide into irrelevance, so I'm glad you've picked the neophytes and are gonna give them a fighting chance.

Puja
Backist Monk
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Puja's right, the Aussies will be sh...ing bricks, and even with inexperienced international players, I won't be surprised if Les Bleus win the three-Test series. However, I won't be cheering for the Aussies!
tigran

Post by tigran »

The team

XV de départ: 15. Jaminet ; 14. Penaud, 13. Vincent, 12. Danty, 11. Villière ; 10. Carbonel, 9. Couilloud ; 7. Jelonch (cap.), 8. Macalou, 6. Cretin ; 5. Taofifenua, 4. Geraci ; 3. Bamba, 2. Barlot, 1. Gros.

Les remplaçants : 16. Etrillard, 17. Walcker, 18. Falatea, 19. Vanverberghe, 20. Pesenti, 21. Woki, 22. Iribaren, 23. Bouthier.

I really can't see them beat Australie, but interesting combo nonetheless...
I hope macalou will reveal homself...
Puja

Post by Puja »

French 3rds currently leading Australia by a point in the last few minutes. Not good signs for the Rennie revolution.

Puja
Backist Monk
tigran

Post by tigran »

Well, once again they lose the game at the final minute, after Huge mistake from the last line out...unbelievable gift...

Too youngs

Danty has been excellent
Puja

Post by Puja »

Stole the victory at the end, apparently due to the French failing to kick the ball out after 80 minutes, spilling it and then giving away a penalty to gift Australia the win. That is exceptionally French.

Puja
Backist Monk
Puja

Post by Puja »

tigran wrote:Well, once again they lose the game at the final minute, after Huge mistake from the last line out...unbelievable gift...

Too youngs

Danty has been excellent
Ah, were you watching? Was it as bad as the text commentary made it sound?

Puja
Backist Monk
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

The French were on top in the first half but conceded too many penalties and the Aussies got back into the match. Then what should have been the seal on a rare victory down under, the line out possession was scrappy and replacement 9 Iribaren sent a wild pass to no one instead of hoofing the ball into the stand. A lost opportunity .
Puja

Post by Puja »

I have to say I'm quite glad. I know it would've been funny to beat Australia with your 3rds, but the victory wouldn't've meant that much in the long-run to you whereas it could've utterly destroyed what little public confidence there is left in the Wallabies. At least this way the casual viewer will see the Aussies winning again, without realising the context that it's a little bit embarrassing to have squeaked through that luckily!

Puja
Backist Monk
tigran

Post by tigran »

Yeah, the commentators did what was needed saying at hall time that the French had played the 6 nations and were more settled than the ossies..
Lol ..

Agree with François, but in the end it's à gift by the french,.. seems à bad habit now
tigran

Post by tigran »

Second test

Oz dominates logically another New french combo, but I'm quite glad about our résistance...

16- 19 dit now
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

OUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! 28-26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tigran

Post by tigran »

Ah ah ah !
tigran

Post by tigran »

What about Jaminet ?

From pro d2 to exploding it all down south..
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

tigran wrote:What about Jaminet ?

From pro d2 to exploding it all down south..
He should play in the Autumn Tests.
tigran

Post by tigran »

Yes, danty too

Barlot is a great révélation too
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

Saw the highlights, looked exciting. Third match (?) Could be a cracker.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Considering all the first choice players who didn’t travel, the French XV is looking promising for the 2023 World Cup. Australia, however, have work to do, although winger Korobeite would waltz into any team at all. If France B are to win the series, then Korobeite must be shackled or he could singlehandedly destroy French hopes.
tigran

Post by tigran »

Oz won the third test with 14 players !

Congrats to them, it's à well deserved win

Our young and fresh newcomers have shown there is real hope for the next years
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

francoisfou wrote:Considering all the first choice players who didn’t travel, the French XV is looking promising for the 2023 World Cup. Australia, however, have work to do, although winger Korobeite would waltz into any team at all. If France B are to win the series, then Korobeite must be shackled or he could singlehandedly destroy French hopes.
even being sent off didn't help you :)

Agreed , good for France. Though Oz are pretty weak at the mo, I'd say.
tigran

Post by tigran »

Banquo wrote:
francoisfou wrote:Considering all the first choice players who didn’t travel, the French XV is looking promising for the 2023 World Cup. Australia, however, have work to do, although winger Korobeite would waltz into any team at all. If France B are to win the series, then Korobeite must be shackled or he could singlehandedly destroy French hopes.
even being sent off didn't help you :)

Agreed , good for France. Though Oz are pretty weak at the mo, I'd say.
Probably, but these french teams probably were the weakests ever ( on paper)