Rugby Most Superb in the land of the long white cloud, TYOOL 2022 edition, now with 20% more Pasifika!

Moderator: morepork

zer0

Re: Rugby Most Superb in the land of the long white cloud, TYOOL 2022 edition, now with 20% more Pasifika!

Post by zer0 »

Never cared about this silly competition anyway.
J Dory

Re: Rugby Most Superb in the land of the long white cloud, TYOOL 2022 edition, now with 20% more Pasifika!

Post by J Dory »

We get to look forward to the best of all the teams combining to take on a worthy oppo in the Irish. Can Fozzie pull it together?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Fair weather Jaffas. I actually would have liked the Bloos to win. They were quality this season.

Ireland are going to be interesting. Fozzie seems a bit...underwhelming. Like a dull dude you get stuck with at the pub wot has nothing interesting to say.
Doorzetbornandbred

Post by Doorzetbornandbred »

morepork wrote:Fair weather Jaffas. I actually would have liked the Bloos to win. They were quality this season.

Ireland are going to be interesting. Fozzie seems a bit...underwhelming. Like a dull dude you get stuck with at the pub wot has nothing interesting to say.
Sort of like Dave that used to frequent these boards?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Doorzetbornandbred wrote:
morepork wrote:Fair weather Jaffas. I actually would have liked the Bloos to win. They were quality this season.

Sort of like Dave that used to frequent these boards?
At least Dave would buy you a beer.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Paddling for the paddies this morning...............will continue for the month

We are too old, wrecked, crocked or not good enough to be competitive here, furlong was papering over a lot of cracks and with him struggling the cupboard is very bare

Plus we have no looseheads after this morning
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

paddy no 11 wrote:Paddling for the paddies this morning...............will continue for the month

We are too old, wrecked, crocked or not good enough to be competitive here, furlong was papering over a lot of cracks and with him struggling the cupboard is very bare

Plus we have no looseheads after this morning
Yes. It's hard to see other than a comprehensive humping of Ireland in three tests. Pity about losing Henderson, their toughest lock, and the prop situation is worrying. I hope they will be able to give a decent account of themselves. I think they really have to revise their game plan significantly and stop kicking the ball away to the opposition. Just give a thrash at running it, if that doesn't work, then so be it. I'd like to see the forwards playing with some more street smarts too - like every other top team, they have to be on the edge of legality. Start taking out opposition players well behind the ruck, slow up the opposition ball up by flopping on the rucks, obstruct at every opportunity, etc... Just cynically see what the ref will let them get away with, and milk him, just as the ABs or any other smart team will certainly do.
morepork

Post by morepork »

More games in Suva please.
cashead

Post by cashead »

It’s becoming a bit of a graveyard for travelling teams.

Tough break for Moana last night too.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
morepork

Post by morepork »

I saw that after the event. I saw Suva live but, and it was rocking. Kemu Valetini....Balls.Of. Steel.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Yeah but how about those Chiefs?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Pretty good honestly. Thank God Warren Gatland was able to rescue them from their existential funk.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Honestly, the NZRU should lock Clayton McMillan right the fuck down as a possible successor to Razor. The Chiefs previously have been able to get a lot out of limited resources, but McMillan has got them humming this season.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Chiefs sensibly saving themselves for the playoffs.

Post by Banquo »

Telea!! what finishing.
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Coming down to the business end of the tournament, though I'd love to see the Drua roll the evil Cru, I'm picking an all NZ semi round, with the Blues going on to sneak past the Chiefs in the final after humiliating the Crus in the semis. You heard it hear first.

Interested to hear folks thoughts on who has cemented their spot in the ABs squad, which positions still up for grabs etc.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Probables:
Loosehead Prop:
Ethan de Groot (Highlanders)

Hooker:
Dane Coles (Hurricanes)
Codie Taylor (Crusaders)
Samisoni Taukei'aho (Chiefs)

Tighthead Prop:
Tyrel Lomax (Hurricanes)

Locks:
Scott Barrett (Crusaders)
Brodie Retallick (Chiefs)
Sam Whitelock (Crusaders)

Loose Forwards:
Sam Cane (Chiefs)
Ardie Savea (Hurricanes)

Halfbacks:
Aaron Smith (Highlanders)

Five-Eighths:
Beauden Barrett (Blues)
Richie Mo'unga (Crusaders)

Midfield:
Jordie Barrett (Hurricanes)
Rieko Ioane (Blues)
Anton Lienert-Brown (Chiefs)

Back Three-Quarters:
Will Jordan (Crusaders)
Mark Telea (Blues)

Possibles:
Hooker:
Asafo Aumua (Hurricanes)
Ricky Riccitelli (Blues)

Tighthead Prop:
Nepo Laulala (Blues)
Jermaine Ainsley (Highlanders)
Oli Jager (Crusaders)

Utility Props:
Ofa Tu'ungafasi (Blues)
Tamaiti Williams (Crusaders)

Locks:
Quinten Strange (Crusaders)
Tupou Va'ai (Chiefs)

Loose Forwards:
Shannon Frizell (Highlanders)
Billy Harmon (Highlanders)
Akira Ioane (Blues)
Luke Jacobson (Chiefs)
Hoskins Sotutu (Blues)

Halfbacks:
Finlay Christie (Blues)
TJ Perenara (Hurricanes)
Cam Roigard (Hurricanes)

Five-Eighths:
Beauden Barrett (Blues)
Richie Mo'unga (Crusaders)

Midfield:
Jordie Barrett (Hurricanes)
Rieko Ioane (Blues)
Anton Lienert-Brown (Chiefs)

Back Three-Quarters:
Will Jordan (Crusaders)
Mark Telea (Blues)

There are probably others, but these are the names I'd expect to be in play this weekend when the first squad is announced.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Saw 6 min highlights wtf happened the blues

3/4 line shredded?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Well, that was brutal.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Hahaha fucking ow.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
morepork

Post by morepork »

At least we get to see D-Mac up against one of the AB 10s in a high pressure situation. I'm a one-eye, but I'd quite like to see the Chiefs pull this off.
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Cru have been quality last couple of rounds, heart says Chiefs, head says Cru.
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Alex Nankivell, am I the only one that thinks he should be in the ab mix?