Spiffy

Ireland v. France

Post by Spiffy »

What a game between two great teams.

22-19 to Ireland at the half.
Mr Mwenda

Re: Ireland v. France

Post by Mr Mwenda »

France hanging on a bit and not building much pressure. Their try was awesome but rather fortuitous considering how they were backpedaling. If Ireland score first now I reckon they have this.
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

Also, reckon the card should have been red.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

It's a cracking match - and very rarely, Wayne's is probably the worst performance on the pitch
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

Really impressive from Ireland. Dominant really.
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

Dang! Two bonus point wins on the trot. They're definitely in with a shot of winning it all this year!
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Ireland were tremendous. A real high quality performance across the board.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Thought France would take over on 60 minutes but Irish bench was far superior

France were unfit

8 is off form and lack a carrier like chat or danty
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

paddy no 11 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:23 pm Thought France would take over on 60 minutes but Irish bench was far superior

France were unfit

Thé Camille Chat of a few years ago may have made a few metres. Marchand is usually an effective carrier, but he and others were well-shackled by impressive Irish tackling. I think Lowe’s try was lucky to be given but if disallowed, would it have changed the result? Don’t think so.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

fivepointer wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:14 pm Ireland were tremendous. A real high quality performance across the board.
Big win considering Ireland missed a whopping 34 tackles and were held up at least three times over the French line.
Great performance, but room for improvement.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

great w and as spiff says...
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

francoisfou wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:38 pm
paddy no 11 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:23 pm Thought France would take over on 60 minutes but Irish bench was far superior

France were unfit

Thé Camille Chat of a few years ago may have made a few metres. Marchand is usually an effective carrier, but he and others were well-shackled by impressive Irish tackling. I think Lowe’s try was lucky to be given but if disallowed, would it have changed the result? Don’t think so.
The replay that was shown after the conversion clearly showed his foot in touch. They didn’t show it to Barnes though, so hey ho. Lowe made hard work of that, he had enough space to get in without trouble.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Beasties wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:49 pm

France were unfit

The replay that was shown after the conversion clearly showed his foot in touch. They didn’t show it to Barnes though, so hey ho. Lowe made hard work of that, he had enough space to get in without trouble.
I thought that Lowe did OK. He did not have a lot of space to work in, and he did have to contend with the big and powerful Penaud. But I was surprised the try was awarded, since, never mind the foot, it looked like the tip of the ball was grounded on the in-goal side line. It didn't matter much to the end result anyway. The ref's calls probably evened out - Atonio lucky enough not to see a red card.
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

France were unfit

Those bloody french TV directors, eh? ;)
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

Spiffy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:45 am

I thought that Lowe did OK. He did not have a lot of space to work in, and he did have to contend with the big and powerful Penaud. But I was surprised the try was awarded, since, never mind the foot, it looked like the tip of the ball was grounded on the in-goal side line. It didn't matter much to the end result anyway. The ref's calls probably evened out - Atonio lucky enough not to see a red card.
He seemed to take forever to start running. I think he thought he had plenty of time and then realised he should’ve set off sooner.
CunningPunter

Post by CunningPunter »

Funny thing was, one shot showed the touch judge squatting about six feet behind Lowe in an ideal position to see whether he went into touch, so why didn't he call it if Lowe's foot brushed the turf? - as it clearly seemed to do in the shot that was shown subsequently.