Hey

Lizard

Hey

Post by Lizard »

Hey. It’s been a while. Anyone still here who remembers me?
Lizard

Re: Hey

Post by Lizard »

I could just use a little anonymous support right now.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Good to see you back! What's up? (PMs open if you'd prefer)

Puja
Backist Monk
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Hey man. Thank you.

Don’t know why I came on here really. I guess in the old days I felt it was somewhere I belonged.

One of my close work colleagues, who I’ve worked with daily for 5 years, but has been at my firm for 33 years, passed away suddenly overnight From a heart attack. She was more than just my PA. She was my office rock. My wife called her my “work wife”. I’m just so distraught.

I’m devastated for her husband and 2 boys. But I’m finding it real hard to sort my personal grief (I’m in tears just typing this) while looking after my other people at work and figuring out how we will cope without her.

Having written this out, I realise I’m not looking for solutions or sympathy; just a neutral forum to express something.

How about those Chiefs, eh?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Obvs have quite a few drinks under the belt too. How else do proper blokes deal with emotional shit?
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Lizard wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:21 pm Obvs have quite a few drinks under the belt too. How else do proper blokes deal with emotional shit?
There is no other way. Do some form of sport, preferably something manly, eg rugby or weight lifting, and then get really drunk. It’s medically proven, I read about it in Playboy a couple of decades ago.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Lizard wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:19 pm Hey man. Thank you.

Don’t know why I came on here really. I guess in the old days I felt it was somewhere I belonged.

One of my close work colleagues, who I’ve worked with daily for 5 years, but has been at my firm for 33 years, passed away suddenly overnight From a heart attack. She was more than just my PA. She was my office rock. My wife called her my “work wife”. I’m just so distraught.

I’m devastated for her husband and 2 boys. But I’m finding it real hard to sort my personal grief (I’m in tears just typing this) while looking after my other people at work and figuring out how we will cope without her.

Having written this out, I realise I’m not looking for solutions or sympathy; just a neutral forum to express something.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. Make sure you give yourself time to recover and grieve as well; don't fall into the trap of making yourself super busy looking after everyone else. Abnegation is no substitute for having time and space to yourself.

You've been missed on here. Chiefs are doing okay. Weird how their upturn in form has synched with them reluctantly letting Gatland go off to Wales.

Puja
Backist Monk
morepork

Post by morepork »

Liz you big silly. Everyone here loves you and wishes you well. That is a pretty shitty loss, but you will heal. Just don't get all Leaving Las Vegas on us.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Lizard wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:19 pm Hey man. Thank you.

Firstly my sincerest condolences, try and focus on the positive times you spent with her that's how I normally try to process grief, it may bring the odd tear but also some smiles at the good times.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Thanks guys. That actually really helps.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Lizard wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:28 pm Thanks guys. That actually really helps.
Shit. I think being helpful goes against the board rules.

Puja
Backist Monk
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Apologies for revisiting old threads but I also have had three mates from Uni' die in the last 18 months. One from alcoholism, one from lung cancer and one from a head injury. I'm only 56 but mortality is definitely starting to occupy my thoughts more than I'd like.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

That’s tough, mate. Sorry to hear about your friends.