All Blacks Rugby World Cup Squad

Moderator: morepork

canta_brian

Re: All Blacks Rugby World Cup Squad

Post by canta_brian »

So Narawa home and Blackadder in. Winger for loosie. Surely that just shows how inept the initial selection was?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Presumably he's actually covering Frizell.
canta_brian

Post by canta_brian »

More that we had too many backs and not enough forwards
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

De Groot banned for 2 weeks. Probably fair. Keeps him out of harm’s way until the play offs so not all bad.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Lizard wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:48 pm De Groot banned for 2 weeks. Probably fair. Keeps him out of harm’s way until the play offs so not all bad.
Bold of you to assume Uruguay aren't coming to take you down. Is that 2 weeks after his tackling course is taken into account?

Puja
Backist Monk
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Yes. Tackle school will bring it down from 3 weeks.

I’m sure Uruguay will bring the noise but surely even Foster can figure out a way to win that one…
cashead

Post by cashead »

That was a French team that walked right into a classic ambush from a Uruguayan team that is in a somewhat better position than they were 4 years ago, and I would put that down to a freak result. They're probably looking at a bit of a clattering this weekend, probably. They're probably ideal opponents against an All Blacks squad that has suddenly seen their form evaporate.

Now, onto de Groot - yeah, homeboy deserved that red, but you've got to wonder about the consistency of the officiating and judicial system when Romain Taofifénua goes clattering into a Uruguayan in a manner not all that dissimilar to Tom Curry and Ethan de Groot, and appears to escape any significant punishment.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
canta_brian

Post by canta_brian »

cashead wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:32 pm

Now, onto de Groot - yeah, homeboy deserved that red, but you've got to wonder about the consistency of the officiating and judicial system when Romain Taofifénua goes clattering into a Uruguayan in a manner not all that dissimilar to Tom Curry and Ethan de Groot, and appears to escape any significant punishment.
Do the bunker refs produce a report explaining their decisions? I would be fascinated to hear if their reasoning went anywhere beyond “host team member”.
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

canta_brian wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:11 am
cashead wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:32 pm

Do the bunker refs produce a report explaining their decisions? I would be fascinated to hear if their reasoning went anywhere beyond “host team member”.
I suspect the words 'no arms tackle' do not appear the report.
dk4

Post by dk4 »

So now what is the plan after the WC?

Who will be the players/talents out there that NZ can use to build the next WC team?
cashead

Post by cashead »

Razor started his new job yesterday, but at the moment, he's got that Barbarians game against Wales to navigate first.

Foster, in the end, did him a real favour though by picking a comparatively young squad, most of whom will be knocking about in four years' time, who will have had World Cup finals experience.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
morepork

Post by morepork »

Kiwis 30-0 over the Roos in the Tron. Sorry, but that was epic. All played out in front of at least 50 people in Hamilton.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Come on. Where's the love?
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Only seen the highlights but that is epic.