Game 2 : Scotland v Tonga

Moderator: OptimisticJock

switchskier

Re: Game 2 : Scotland v Tonga

Post by switchskier »

I'll complain if it's not a red card, if this doesn't turn out alright.

Don't understand the mass subs 7 minutes in. They've just had 15 minutes rest - give them at least 15 minutes flat out before you hook them.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Donny osmond wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:38 pm before half time is good, just need to seal the win.

Russell needs to pick and choose his wife miss passes better, the one for Steyns try was great, the others not so much.

DVDM is starting to annoy me, he seems to think he's bigger and stronger than anyone else. Sure, his size should be an asset but only if he uses it properly and he just isn't.

Otherwise pretty decent.
I saw DVDM do his little jump and thought that was an example of what to were saying. Then that happened!
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

switchskier wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:02 pm I'll complain if it's not a red card, if this doesn't turn out alright.

Don't understand the mass subs 7 minutes in. They've just had 15 minutes rest - give them at least 15 minutes flat out before you hook them.
Yeah I never get this. Figure there must be some GPS data to backup those calls or something.

This has not looked like a side that is going to get a BP win over Ireland.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

I suspect those ones won't have been for tiredness. More we wanted to inject some attacking threat.

This second half has been very poor so far.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

Hopefully can get a couple more now, but Russell shouldn't be having to hurry them up before that tap.

Our line out is also a real worry.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Decent break from DVDM but he should've given it earlier
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Cameo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:24 pm Hopefully can get a couple more now, but Russell shouldn't be having to hurry them up before that tap.

It's so infuriating to see Russell put in a beautiful 50:22 and then see the line out fecked up.
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Job done. Bonus point secured in the first half, some decent tries and a pretty effective game plan. Completely different approach and skillset requires for Ireland.

Measured from Toonie. Nice from the Tongan captain.
BaldiePete

Post by BaldiePete »

Cameo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:24 pm Hopefully can get a couple more now, but Russell shouldn't be having to hurry them up before that tap.

I’m not sure we won any lineouts where Ashman was throwing? Time to give Mcinally a shot.
Big D

Post by Big D »

We must be giving away tells in the line out movements. Tonga were able to get up in front of the jumper far too often.
Big D

Post by Big D »

We did enough. Still not fluent in attack and hopefully no further injuries after some hearty cheapshots.
Cameo

Post by Cameo »

It's a bit unfair that we seem to be playing with an extra sloppy ball. Between dropping it every time we get tackled after a break, and fecking up our line outs, we are letting teams off massively.

Outcome is decent, but given we are probably going home after two more games, that was a missed chance to show that we are actually a really good team. I honestly think we could have put 60 on them with a bit of accuracy.
BaldiePete

Post by BaldiePete »

BaldiePete wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:50 pm

I’m not sure we won any lineouts where Ashman was throwing? Time to give Mcinally a shot.
FFS

Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Gutted for Rambo. Not a bad replacement in Matthews. As for today, job done against a pretty physical side who should have been down to 14 men. Thought we were very sloppy at times and wtf is going on with the lineout? Left a couple of scores at least out there. Don't think Ireland will be too concerned.