Board Upgrades

Moderator: Puja

Puja

Board Upgrades

Post by Puja »

As you may have seen in the announcement, Hammy has put his hand in his pocket to upgrade the hardware behind the board, so we should have fewer problems. The board is basically funded like an Ealing Trailfinders - no perceivable income, but a quality environment funded solely by one individual who's willing to pay for it all for some unknown reason - so if you feel as grateful as I do for having a decent place to pontificate about rugby on, please do feel free to drop him an occasional few quid to show appreciation.

The link is here: https://ko-fi.com/martynrwinters. No obligation at all and, if you are short on money yourself, don't feel bad about not being able to chip in. Just feel bad about your terrible opinions on rugby, unless you agree with me, of course.

Puja
Backist Monk
Banquo

Re: Board Upgrades

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:40 pm As you may have seen in the announcement, Hammy has put his hand in his pocket to upgrade the hardware behind the board, so we should have fewer problems. The board is basically funded like an Ealing Trailfinders - no perceivable income, but a quality environment funded solely by one individual who's willing to pay for it all for some unknown reason - so if you feel as grateful as I do for having a decent place to pontificate about rugby on, please do feel free to drop him an occasional few quid to show appreciation.

The link is here: https://ko-fi.com/martynrwinters. No obligation at all and, if you are short on money yourself, don't feel bad about not being able to chip in. Just feel bad about your terrible opinions on rugby, unless you agree with me, of course.

Puja
Are you saying Hammy has us by the Gooley's?
Puja

Post by Puja »

Banquo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:33 am
Puja wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:40 pm As you may have seen in the announcement, Hammy has put his hand in his pocket to upgrade the hardware behind the board, so we should have fewer problems. The board is basically funded like an Ealing Trailfinders - no perceivable income, but a quality environment funded solely by one individual who's willing to pay for it all for some unknown reason - so if you feel as grateful as I do for having a decent place to pontificate about rugby on, please do feel free to drop him an occasional few quid to show appreciation.

Puja
If he decides to abruptly pull funding, I don't think either the RFU or the Jersey government are going to step in to save us.

Puja
Backist Monk
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Many thanks to Hammy for the much improved response performancel
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:06 am Many thanks to Hammy for the much improved response performancel
Yours seem the same to me :lol: :lol:

Oh I see

Yep thanks Hammy!!!
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

Puja wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:35 pm
Banquo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:33 am

Puja
If he decides to abruptly pull funding, I don't think either the RFU or the Jersey government are going to step in to save us.

Puja
I'm thinking of setting up a club and passing ownership to that. It would need to generate about £50 a month to keep things going. I'll keep everyone posted.
Puja

Post by Puja »

For everyone's reference: Hammy is aware that the board is on a go-slow right now, but is away on holiday until the New Year, so he'll fix it then.

Puja
Backist Monk
Danno

Post by Danno »

I figured the server was still processing the recently posted concept of converting International props back to centres
16th man

Post by 16th man »

Danno wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:06 am I figured the server was still processing the recently posted concept of converting International props back to centres
It'll be a shame when it reaches the only possible conclusion, decides its all too far gone, and shuts itself down.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Hammy has put some extra tech into the board, which should solve the problems, but this is a reminder to chuck him a KoFi, if money allows, to help keep this place running

Puja
Backist Monk
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

I just wanted to thank hammy/puja or whoever put some more money in the meter to keep the board chugging along. Much appreciated.

:)
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

Is it just me or is it very seldom one can get into the site at the mo?
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Mr Mwenda wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:52 am Is it just me or is it very seldom one can get into the site at the mo?
I find if I get the "unavailable" message when first joining, just refreshing the page a couple of times works (not always though).
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Yep, definitely problematic. I’m guessing traffic is higher than usual given England are now the best team in the world and Wales the worst. That or Hammy has unplugged something to accommodate his new air fryer.