Ah Christmas

Donny osmond

Ah Christmas

Post by Donny osmond »

The hangovers, the smell of barely supressed panic, the arguments, the sheer quantity of food, the crap that you dont need or want, the worst music of the year... it's ace, love it.

Merry Christmas Rebellers
morepork

Re: Ah Christmas

Post by morepork »

I’m hosting eight hard drinking ex-pats from various countries for a stubborn Antipodean Xmas dinner with sea food and shit you could cook on a beach (mussels, whole snapper baked over hot embers in the fireplace). Will be presenting Polynesian raw fish in lemon and coconut cream to really throw the punters off the roasted dry bird route and be making Tom yum with loads of saffron to confuse my Iranian work colleague. I have Talisker and other assorted whisky for those that want to do the job properly. Everyone will crash at mine Marae styles and we will nail sausages and eggs with strong coffee the morning after. My long suffering wife will witness the punchline to “A Kiwi, Bulgarian, Iranian, two Poles, two Indians, a Texan and a Russian start an open fire in the backyard on Xmas eve…”.

Get amongst it Rebelers.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Gods, I love Christmas. I love convincing my children that Father Christmas came and the glee that comes from getting nice things for people. I love the traditions that we do every year and the time to just enjoy my children instead of trying to manouevre them and myself with school and work. I love the indolence and the joy of cooking ridiculous amounts of gloriously indulgent meals that I never have other times of the year: baked camembert, sausagemeat stuffing, mashed potato with half a block of butter in it, a box of quality street on the go. The rest of the year, it's "we should be frugal, we should eat more vegetables, we should make sure there's enough colours on the plate, I'll make myself something quick later cause I'm still working," but for a week and a half it's "why the fuck not; it's Christmas."

Good tidings we bring, to you and your kin. Have a fucking lovely time all and I look forward to another year of wasting time pontificating about rugby with you lot.

Puja
Backist Monk
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Saying 'Non' to this that and the other for 9 months after unfavourable age related health metrics, and getting praise from the doc for turning the tide - then Crimbo arriveth and those 12 days and nights just gives the Pass of all Passes...and where does it all come from ? who cares, we know where it's going;.just makes the cold and meagre times seem worth it.
Strangely, each time I've ventured to the garage in a Santa hat to move things around, we get unexpected well-wishers at the house,
so something to work on.🎅
Merry Xmas Rebelleros of all forms.